Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2009, 07:58 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,393,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
For all the people who commented on my post, yes, I would call gay Christians hypocrites as well.

But then again, name one Christian who actually follows everything in the Bible.
I'm impressed. Can you tell me if you ever denounced their hypocrisy when it came up in a thread here at CD?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2009, 08:09 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,183,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahabound View Post
I'm impressed. Can you tell me if you ever denounced their hypocrisy when it came up in a thread here at CD?
No, because none of them have ever claimed to be representative of true "Christian values". If they did, I'd quickly call them out on it. The truth is, nobody follows Christianity (or most religions for that matter) fully. Why? Because quite frankly, a lot of the ideas proposed or condoned in scriptures are completely insane. You don't murder disobedient children (Leviticus 20:9).

Old 05-01-2009, 08:12 PM

654 posts, read 467,385 times
I don't see the hypocrisy between breast implants and saying that marriage should be defined between a man and a woman.

What I do find hypocritical is how much heat Ms. California is getting for saying that she believes in traditional marriage, while Obama and Biden get a free pass.

Old 05-01-2009, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Like Taxes View Post
I don't see the hypocrisy between breast implants and saying that marriage should be defined between a man and a woman.

What I do find hypocritical is how much heat Ms. California is getting for saying that she believes in traditional marriage, while Obama and Biden get a free pass.
They don't get a free pass as far as I'm concerned.

Old 05-01-2009, 08:21 PM

654 posts, read 467,385 times
Quote:
They don't get a free pass as far as I'm concerned.
Unfortunately, they do by many. How many hissy fits did Perez throw when Obama and Biden said marriage is between one man, one woman? How many headlines claimed that Obama/Biden are anti-gay martyrs? How many federal rights has Obama/Biden extended to same sex couples?

There seems to be more of fervor over Ms California words than people who are actually running this country.

Old 05-01-2009, 08:21 PM

3,770 posts, read 4,988,836 times
Default Opinion's matter!

She has the right to believe what she want to believe!

Get off of her DAMN!

Old 05-01-2009, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Like Taxes View Post
Unfortunately, they do by many. How many hissy fits did Perez throw when Obama and Biden said marriage is between one man, one woman? How many headlines claimed that Obama/Biden are anti-gay martyrs? How many federal rights has Obama/Biden extended to same sex couples?

There seems to be more of fervor over Ms California words than people who are actually running this country.
Perhaps that is the case with people who worship Obama.

I don't. I just choose him over what we could've been stuck with.

Old 05-01-2009, 08:27 PM

52,793 posts, read 34,700,369 times
Quote:
One could argue that technically, breast implants are a form of deception.
you could make a similar argument about makeup.

feel free.

Old 05-01-2009, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
you could make a similar argument about makeup.

feel free.
No disagreement here.

Old 05-01-2009, 08:31 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,309,125 times
This thread is not about Christianity - I don't know Ms. California's religious affiliation - nor do most IMO. Nor, does it matter.

This young, and very bright woman, is merely being attacked because of her voicing her opinion - and those on the far left have decided to try to totally discredit her - in any way they can.

What is happening though IMO, is the lefts campaign to smear her is back firing - and back firing big time. The far left are shooting themselves in the foot - shoulder and head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies