Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2009, 09:24 PM

24,908 posts, read 39,480,121 times

Advertisements

This thread is not about debating religion or if there is a God. How about staying on topic?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2009, 09:25 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,224,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
then by your own logic, you shouldn't be bringing it up:

------

maybe some liberal should start a thread about obama's outrageous christian hypocrisy..
Note the word "or".

Claim to have "Christian values" or claim you need religion to be moral.

The latter is true with some people I've met. The former is the case with Miss California and Obama.

I am definitely on the left, but I'm not a Democrat. If anything, my ideology is closer to that of the Green Party (which differs on many issues with the Democrats).

Old 05-01-2009, 09:28 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,399,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
I don't believe in any god, so you're asking the wrong person. I will say though that a god that would get angry over something as petty as eating a piece of fruit isn't worthy of worship, even if I believed in it.

I'd say most Bible verses make the point clear enough and don't leave room for much interpretation.

The fact that so many people argue over what a Bible verse means shows that if your god does exist, he has to be one of the worst communicators in history.
Or, as He said, He purposely is hiding the message to a degree.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:36 PM

53,607 posts, read 35,611,375 times
Quote:
Note the word "or".

Claim to have "Christian values" or claim you need religion to be moral.

The latter is true with some people I've met. The former is the case with Miss California and Obama.

I am definitely on the left, but I'm not a Democrat. If anything, my ideology is closer to that of the Green Party (which differs on many issues with the Democrats).
alrighty then. i personally don't think religious belief is required for a person to be moral, or that religious people should be considered blatant hypocrites for failing to adhere to every jot and tittle of 2-thousand year old documents.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:37 PM

18,242 posts, read 25,581,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
Didn't many gays vote for him, just to make history? It makes you go hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? Now who is the hypocrite now!!!!!!
FYI,
1 person bashed Miss California = Perez Hilton

Now the rightwing media wants to show Miss California as "The victim of the American left" by taking Perez Hilton attack and saying that he represents 50% of americans (the left)

Let's clarify what happened,
Perez Hilton asked Miss California a very controversial question about gay marriage
In pageantry, there's no right or wrong question, especially when you are asking a question about people's beliefs.
Maybe I disagree 100% with her beliefs BUT that's her beliefs.
Don't want to hear her opinion about gay marriage... Don't ask her.

Stupid a... Perez Hilton then makes a video attacking Miss California for answering his f........ question and saying her what she believes.
Then the rightwing media runs with this and shows Miss California as the victim of leftwing attack.

You see anything wrong with that picture?
Why doesn't the media "attack" the stupid mother........ that attacked Miss California's beliefs.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:44 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,224,573 times
The left is more than just the Democrat Party. The right is more than the Republican Party.

Neither one really supports very extreme views (ie. only some Dems support gay marriage) from their sides because of the pressure to reach a wide audience in our two-party system.

Democracts and Republicans are the moderate parties of the left and right.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:58 PM

53,607 posts, read 35,611,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
FYI,
1 person bashed Miss California = Perez Hilton
wow, you must have missed a very long thread right here on C-D where dozens and dozens can't stop bashing her.

here, i'll give you a hand:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-marriage.html

if you'd like to see hundreds upon hundreds more examples of hate-filled spittle-flecked leftist vitriol on the daily kossack and huff&puff sites, just let me know.

Old 05-01-2009, 10:02 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,860,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
She has every right to disagree with gay marriage, just as anyone has the right to agree with it. Come on, this country has turned into a big hyperbolic mess over issues that to be honest, aren't really issues that we should be debating about, especially when our way of life is on the verge of collapsing, with a president who by the way feels the same way as Miss California.

Didn't many gays vote for him, just to make history? It makes you go hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? Now who is the hypocrite now!!!!!!
First of all, was it really necessary to create a new thread for your rant?

Secondly, this isn't a gay versus straight issue, although it sounds like you want to turn it into one. I think that's sad.

Forty-eight percent of Californians voted to keep same-sex marriage legal. I can assure you that 48% of Californians aren't gay.

Old 05-01-2009, 10:05 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,860,342 times
Quote:
The left is more than just the Democrat Party. The right is more than the Republican Party.

Neither one really supports very extreme views (ie. only some Dems support gay marriage) from their sides because of the pressure to reach a wide audience in our two-party system.

Democracts and Republicans are the moderate parties of the left and right.
And as it pertains to same-sex marriage, I'd like to add the fact that there are Republicans who are in favor of legalizing same-sex marriage, and there are Democrats who are against it (namely among black Democrats, as has been mentioned many times before on this forum).

Old 05-01-2009, 10:05 PM

4,744 posts, read 5,081,938 times
I check up on this forum once in a while to see if there's anything I'm missing by not reading the news.

And the answer yet again is a resounding "No!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies