Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2009, 10:48 AM

5,160 posts, read 9,169,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
And as it pertains to same-sex marriage, I'd like to add the fact that there are Republicans who are in favor of legalizing same-sex marriage, and there are Democrats who are against it (namely among black Democrats, as has been mentioned many times before on this forum).
This is true, however, if you got further left than the Democrat Party, it would be hard to find somebody who is against gay marriage. The Green Party is a notable example.

I just checked out that free republic site. Those people are loonies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2009, 10:56 AM

1,156 posts, read 1,390,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
I've never implied that.

I stated that a person who doesn't follow everything in there can't claim to be complete followers of Christianity or the Bible.

I'm not the one condoning murder. Your holy book is.
Just keep running in circles.

There is a context to that verse. It has nothing to do with Christians but Jews. You can be obtuse all you want post stupid stuff but you'll still be dead wrong.

It's like some idiot overseas reading American history and seeing that we once had slavery and then acting as if contemporary Americans were slave owners.

If the best you can do is quote the Bible out of context then more power to you. You disarm your own arguments and show your own inability to think critically and to actually educate yourself on a topic.

And no matter how many s you throw in a post, your argument is still vacuous.

Old 05-02-2009, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahabound View Post
Just keep running in circles.

There is a context to that verse. It has nothing to do with Christians but Jews. You can be obtuse all you want post stupid stuff but you'll still be dead wrong.

It's like some idiot overseas reading American history and seeing that we once had slavery and then acting as if contemporary Americans were slave owners.

If the best you can do is quote the Bible out of context then more power to you. You disarm your own arguments and show your own inability to think critically and to actually educate yourself on a topic.

And no matter how many s you throw in a post, your argument is still vacuous.
You could've summarized your post with one sentence:

"You're quoting out of context."

The thing is, I didn't, which makes your post a pointless waste of time.

You're the one going in circles because you keep trying to defend verses by saying what is clearly stated means something else or is open to interpretation.

Old 05-02-2009, 11:20 AM

749 posts, read 946,680 times
Miss California is HOT!!

Old 05-02-2009, 11:26 AM

Quote:
You could've summarized your post with one sentence:

"You're quoting out of context."

The thing is, I didn't, which makes your post a pointless waste of time.

You're the one going in circles because you keep trying to defend verses by saying what is clearly stated means something else or is open to interpretation.
It was apparent that you weren't getting it the first time I said it so why would I try to be even more concise? If you don't get it when it's simply stated, obviously you need it expounded upon.

And why would I say that the verse means something else. It doesn't. Jews were told to kill disobedient children. Last I checked, Christians aren't Jews. It's pretty simple but you go on pretending that that Jewish law is somehow.

Perhaps if you were half as intellectual as you want to pretend to be, you'd have started at the beginning of the chapter.

"1 The LORD said to Moses, 2 "Say to the Israelites:..." "

But hey, as a non-Christian, you're well studied in the Bible, right? You're a natural theologian, right?

Please, continue posting your ridiculous notions. I love it when people are so foolish as to tear down their own credibility as to post on those topics they obviously have no clue about.

Old 05-02-2009, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahabound View Post
It was apparent that you weren't getting it the first time I said it so why would I try to be even more concise? If you don't get it when it's simply stated, obviously you need it expounded upon.

And why would I say that the verse means something else. It doesn't. Jews were told to kill disobedient children. Last I checked, Christians aren't Jews. It's pretty simple but you go on pretending that that Jewish law is somehow.

Perhaps if you were half as intellectual as you want to pretend to be, you'd have started at the beginning of the chapter.

"1 The LORD said to Moses, 2 "Say to the Israelites:..." "

But hey, as a non-Christian, you're well studied in the Bible, right? You're a natural theologian, right?

Please, continue posting your ridiculous notions. I love it when people are so foolish as to tear down their own credibility as to post on those topics they obviously have no clue about.
I was raised in a Christian home and was forced to read the Bible. Enough said.

Also, by disregarding the OT, you are basically saying the Ten Commandments are not relevant to modern society (which is something many Christians try to argue).

Old 05-02-2009, 11:46 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
As long as Obama's approval rating is above 50%, you can squawk all you want; I'm remain happy.

Please tell me what Obama's approval rating has to do with Miss CA?

Old 05-02-2009, 11:48 AM

Quote:
I was raised in a Christian home and was forced to read the Bible. Enough said.
No it's not. I can read a book on thermal dynamics, it won't mean I'm educated on it or understand it.

Quote:
Also, by disregarding the OT, you are basically saying the Ten Commandments are not relevant to modern society (which is something many Christians try to argue).
Perhaps because Jesus, like He did with other specific parts of the OT, reaffirmed them. But hey, what does context have to do with anything?

ETA: But back to the OP, until someone establishes how mature Miss California is in her faith (how knowledgeable she is) and what she actually believes, you really can't establish is she is a hypocrite or not. Her actions may be inconsistent with Christian theology, but that doesn't necessarily make her a hypocrite just ignorant.

Old 05-02-2009, 11:50 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,071,257 times
who's business is it anyways except hers ? I swear people will always try and dig up dirt on people . This reminds me when my brother was getting divorced how they called everyone that my ex sister in law knew of or had heard the name of including ex g/f s who had not seen my brother in twenty years !!! and how they thought any of them would help her I have no idea . I hate people that have nothing better to do than to try and dig up dirt on other people .

Old 05-02-2009, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
who's business is it anyways except hers ? I swear people will always try and dig up dirt on people . This reminds me when my brother was getting divorced how they called everyone that my ex sister in law knew of or had heard the name of including ex g/f s who had not seen my brother in twenty years !!! and how they thought any of them would help her I have no idea . I hate people that have nothing better to do than to try and dig up dirt on other people .
I think there can be relevance. I don't trust hypocrites and if someone is out there spouting a position I don't agree with, I'm much more skeptical of their position. The problem is no one has reconciled how she is a hypocrite. They can't identify her specific beliefs to tie back to her actions to show how she's hypocritical. Like you said, they are trying to dig up dirt but at this point they only have rhetoric.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies