Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 09:41 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,755,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
The gays are just pis*ed that CA voted against it they thought for sure they would get it passed there without a blink so Miss CA is with all those who voted against it! Haha...
It's sad to me that you look at a group of people like that ("the gays"). You do realize that 48% of Californians voted to retain same-sex marriage, don't you? Forty-eight percent of California isn't gay, you know.

Gays are not a monolithic group. Do you also go around talking about "the blacks" and "the Jews"? Someone (maybe it was you) said earlier that liberals use "divide and conquer" to accomplish their goals. You're a perfect example of a conservative who uses that tactic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Marriage is an institution of a Man and a Woman, you can seek to change it if you like but don't think that everyone will legitimize it!!!
If your state ever recognizes same-sex marriage or if the Defense of Marriage Act is abolished, then you won't have a choice but to "legitimize it".

Old 04-30-2009, 09:49 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,934,593 times
it will happen.. its already happening.. ms california can do her little thing.. but it's not going to stop gay marriage from becoming legal... the wind's of change have already begun.. these people are just going to end up being on the wrong side of history looking like a bunch of bigots...having to try to explain to their grandchildren why they hated gay people.. I'm sure it will be the typical "well Sweetheart, it wasn't that we hated gay people back then.. that's just how it was"

Old 04-30-2009, 10:06 PM

14,268 posts, read 19,016,082 times
This seems to be the age where nobodies become famous.

I honestly don't care if Ms Prejean has implants. They are very common these days. However, I wish people on a personal mission wouldn't misquote the Bible so much.

1 Kings 11:1-3
"But King Solomon loved many foreign women, as well as the daughter of Pharaoh: women of the Moabites, Ammonites, Edomites, Sidonians, and Hitters; from the nations of whom the Lord had said to the children of Israel, "You shall not intermarry with them, nor they with you. Surely they will turn away your hearts after their gods." Solomon clung to these in love. And he had seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines; and his wives turned away his heart."

So, I guess she's right in a way. Marriage is really between a man & a woman and his 699 other wives and about 300 hookers.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:09 PM

439 posts, read 618,745 times
Perez Hilton should maybe date Richard Simmons and stop trying to judge women beauty pageants.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:11 PM

274 posts, read 198,446 times
Go Miss California! I hope she kicks butt! never back down! She is right and i hope more people stand behind her.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:16 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,502,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Good for her. It doesn't matter that some would not think her eloquent and then attempt to use that to discredit her answer, but thought her important enough to ask her the question in the first place!!!!

The bottom line is that some will be called homophobic, ignorant, hateful, and whatever else, but it won't change a thing.

Marriage is an institution of a Man and a Woman, you can seek to change it if you like but don't think that everyone will legitimize it!!!

Old 04-30-2009, 10:17 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,502,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euromutt View Post
Go Miss California! I hope she kicks butt! never back down! She is right and i hope more people stand behind her.
me too!

Old 04-30-2009, 10:18 PM

274 posts, read 198,446 times
Thank you for the rep point whoever gave it to me. It is appreciated to see that not everyone here is a liberal with blubber between there ears. no ill will intended.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order View Post
Perez Hilton should maybe date Richard Simmons and stop trying to judge women beauty pageants.
Are you just being jovial (which I can appreciate) or are you denigrating all gays with your statement? (I'm gay, you know, so I'm hypersensitive and very emotional. )

On a more serious note: Gay men can judge female beauty just fine, thank you. If anything, there's an advantage to having a gay guy there because you know he's not going to be let his little head overrule his big head.

If you're saying that you think gay men can't judge female beauty because they're not sexually aroused by women, than that would mean that straight women should be banned from judging too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies