Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 06:44 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,964,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
If your state ever recognizes same-sex marriage or if the Defense of Marriage Act is abolished, then you won't have a choice but to "legitimize it".

I don't see that happening anytime soon in Michigan, however my point was, even if you "legalize" homosexual marriage do you think all people are simply going to say, "Oh look the court over ruled the will of the people so we better pretend like we are now enamored with the two guys down the street"!!!

Trust me people will always have a choice of what they believe or know to be morally right or wrong!!!

I could imagine a group of gay men and a group of straight men in a coffee shop, having a conversation about their opposite viewpoints, unfortunatelly I see the gay men responding much like this Perez Hilton.

The "you don't agree with me so I'll trash you and your name" type.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2009, 06:59 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,250,491 times
She's going to become the darling of the right and make money in appearance fees... maybe write a book with Ann Coulter and get elected as a Congressman from Minnesota.

Old 05-01-2009, 07:05 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,521,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsmoove View Post
She's going to become the darling of the right and make money in appearance fees... maybe write a book with Ann Coulter and get elected as a Congressman from Minnesota.

Kinda like Perez is the darling (id say that name suits him pretty well) of the left? Making money off of other people that actually have talent? . And will probably replace Pelosi.

Old 05-01-2009, 07:36 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,025,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post

I don't see that happening anytime soon in Michigan, however my point was, even if you "legalize" homosexual marriage do you think all people are simply going to say, "Oh look the court over ruled the will of the people so we better pretend like we are now enamored with the two guys down the street"!!!

Trust me people will always have a choice of what they believe or know to be morally right or wrong!!!

I could imagine a group of gay men and a group of straight men in a coffee shop, having a conversation about their opposite viewpoints, unfortunatelly I see the gay men responding much like this Perez Hilton.

The "you don't agree with me so I'll trash you and your name" type.
Well, I'm sure that after loving v virginia, some ppl weren't too excited about seeing a wedded interracial couple. The reality is that you have to start somewhere and sometime. Slavery should have been abolished before 1863, but it didn't happen until 1863. You have to start the journey somewhere,otherwise you'll just be living half a life forever.

Old 05-01-2009, 07:48 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,250,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
Kinda like Perez is the darling (id say that name suits him pretty well) of the left? Making money off of other people that actually have talent? . And will probably replace Pelosi.
Yeah, exactly... please... he extreme left wing of the party does not control Democrats... can't say the same about Republicans... they are controlled by the right wingers... and, oh, nice homophobic jab there... just great.

Old 05-01-2009, 07:52 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,521,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsmoove View Post
Yeah, exactly... please... he extreme left wing of the party does not control Democrats... can't say the same about Republicans... they are controlled by the right wingers... and, oh, nice homophobic jab there... just great.

Hey..believe me. Im not scared of homo's by any means. I've got no problems with them. What? He can call girls ****s and ******* but "oohhhhh no...cant make fun of him because he's gay...his feelings will get hurt". If he wants to be equal he can take the same abuse as everyone else. Or at least the same abuse as he spews out himself. Do you see a problem with that?

And your point of the left not being controlled by the extreme but the right is is pure opinion. You have no basis of backing that up at all. I will admit that both extremes are horrible as I dont really care about either party, but you're glasses are too tinted to admit anything wrong with the left at all.

Old 05-01-2009, 10:09 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,966,784 times
Let's take this line by line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjohnson View Post
In other words 'sit down and shut up.
No, they're saying just don't use the Miss USA platform that supported you and paid for your cosmetic surgery to promote your personal agenda. We all know nobody would be listening to her if it weren't for the "controversial" question Hilton asked.
Quote:
She was going to win that title. She's mad and rightly so.
I've seen this statement before. Nobody has answered me, however. Donald Trump, who owns the Miss USA franchise, said that he reviewed the questions, and the scoring by the 12 judges, and Miss NC won fair & square. Just FYI in case you don't know, Miss NC also won the swimsuit contest and the evening gown contest. We really don't know she would have won had her answer been intelligible.
Quote:
And alot of regular people are mad right along with her.
Please explain what "regular" people are. Do you mean people who aren't constipated?
Quote:
See, most regular people don't like bullies and what they do.
Agree! I don't like bullies either, so I must be regular (or is that unleaded?) Hopefully one day they'll stop gay bashing.
Quote:
I suspect that many will be angry much longer then the
15 min. you allow.
I agree with this statement. Until the world as we know it ends, there will always be discord on Earth.
Quote:
By the way. This use of Andy's 15 has had it's 15.
Think of something else. Your boring me.
Fair enough. "Fame and riches are fleeting. Stupidity is eternal." Don Williams Jr.

Old 05-01-2009, 10:23 AM

5,152 posts, read 8,539,535 times
I can see the Republicans and the GOP trying to make another Joe the Plumber out of her, based on this issue.

Old 05-01-2009, 10:51 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,966,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
I can see the Republicans and the GOP trying to make another Joe the Plumber out of her, based on this issue.
OMG! Your post made me think of something!

What a ticket for 2012 .... Joe the Plumber and Miss California.

Old 05-01-2009, 11:08 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,662,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
OMG! Your post made me think of something!

What a ticket for 2012 .... Joe the Plumber and Miss California.

I was thinkin Palin-Prejean in 2012!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies