Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2009, 09:48 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,955,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
She didn't even mention that until she was asked about it.
Ok..... and than she opened her mouth. What i am saying is typically, people who will deny gay marriage, it is because of their belief that in the bible (insert religion here) it says homosexuality is a sin etc etc and its against gods way. So, it is amusing seeing this girl with fake boobs that are not natural saying that people who love one another should not be allowed to marry, presumptively because we are not natural.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2009, 10:57 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,298,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mississauga75 View Post
Ok..... and than she opened her mouth. What i am saying is typically, people who will deny gay marriage, it is because of their belief that in the bible (insert religion here) it says homosexuality is a sin etc etc and its against gods way. So, it is amusing seeing this girl with fake boobs that are not natural saying that people who love one another should not be allowed to marry, presumptively because we are not natural.
In order to answer the question, she had to open her mouth.

And millions of people, including me, agreed with what she said.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:25 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,917,361 times
Quote:

and millions of people didn't agree...
fact of the matter is.. the way she answered was very divisive..
Whats wrong with just saying.. "people should be able to choose.. and I choose man and woman because that is how I was raised"
there's a difference between voicing your opinion, and making a political statement...if she wasn't making a political statement, then why did she feel the need to apologize after she said it?

Old 05-10-2009, 02:09 AM

339 posts, read 707,151 times
I disagree with her, but there is no way in he** that she should be getting beat up for her opinion (because that's all it was). If you don't want someones opinion, don't ask. If you ask, don't get pi$$y if it's not what you agree with. At least she isn't f-ing wu$$ like about 75 percent of the US is now. The same people who bitc* about First Amendment this and First Amendment that only seem to like it if they agree with which person decides to use it. Talk about hypocrasy!

I'm also so sick of the f-ing term "divisive" (a term thrown out there a lot) it's unreal. Divisive to people means anyone who doesn't agree with them. It's becoming the biggest wu$$y way out of anything there is. It's pushing people into agreeing with you by attempting to get them to go "no, no, no...not me. I'm a nice person. Really." It's the new way of bullying though essentially calling them an intolerant bigot when they really aren't. What was the movie called?...I'm thinking "Invasion of the bodysnatchers" where, if you weren't like them and one discovered you, they would point and hiss and the others would attack. It reminds me of this.

Finally, I highly doubt Ms. California is a malicious, mean person. People are literally trying to destroy her with whatever they can after her comments (she's intolerant and shouldn't have such a position, bogus "racey photographs", she's got fake boobs crap or whatever). Dumb! And, keep in mind, I freakin' don't disagree with gay marriage. I have a different opinion on the matter than she does. Gay people should even be pi$$ed about what's happening with her. It's almost getting embarrassing. "We are tolerant. If you don't believe us...we will destroy you!" That'll show em' how tolerant people should act! Good plan. That won't make people go the exact opposite direction from what you are trying to accomplish. Pure genius.

Old 05-10-2009, 02:24 AM

24,508 posts, read 33,298,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
and millions of people didn't agree...
But those who do agree have a right to their opinion... agree?

Quote:
fact of the matter is.. the way she answered was very divisive..
Whats wrong with just saying.. "people should be able to choose.. and I choose man and woman because that is how I was raised"
there's a difference between voicing your opinion, and making a political statement...if she wasn't making a political statement, then why did she feel the need to apologize after she said it?
I think she answered it just fine. She said that she was opposed to homosexual "marriage" and then said why. She would not have said anything about it at all if she wasn't asked.

Old 05-10-2009, 02:26 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,661,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTD View Post
Gay people should even be pi$$ed about what's happening with her. It's almost getting embarrassing. "We are tolerant. If you don't believe us...we will destroy you!" That'll show em' how tolerant people should act! Good plan. That won't make people go the exact opposite direction from what you are trying to accomplish. Pure genius.
Don't assume that all gay people agree with the attacks on her. I don't.

Actually, don't assume that all gays think alike on anything. A lot of people fall into that trap.

Old 05-10-2009, 02:32 AM

Quote:

I know people have a right to their opinion and millions agree. However, the rational behind that opinion fails in this case. The only thing i'm getting is well she has a right to her opinion and i happen to agree with it- people don't want to dig deeper and get into a meaningful discussion about it. They don't want to understand - so if I find it funny that she is altering how god made her boobs because she wants to invalidate my relationship because it is not what her god wants, i'll laugh at the irony. Ok?

Last edited by mississauga75; 05-10-2009 at 02:49 AM..

Old 05-10-2009, 02:53 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,917,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Don't assume that all gay people agree with the attacks on her. I don't.

Actually, don't assume that all gays think alike on anything. A lot of people fall into that trap.
i don't agree with the attacks on her. I think it's petty..and disrespectful...
but, should she have won the crown with that response? no... Ms. America is a uniter not a divider...
my sister was involved in the Ms. Washington pageant back in the 90's.. and while they don't punish you for your opinion, they do judge you on how you answer "tough" questions...
problem is.. the question she was asked was politically charged, so now we have people thinking she's the best thing since sliced bread, and people who hater her guts and want to destroy her at all costs..
what if she was asked about abortion and busted out with "its a woman's body and it is their decision and nobody else's"
I think it would be safe to say many of the people who hate her and want to destroy her would be thinking she's amazing.. and the people that now think she's great would be up in arms over her awful opinion and how it is a liberal attempt to impose such standards on our society... rah rah rah.. see what I'm saying?
I think the fact that the outcome of her answer has sparked such division and anger shows that she handled the question poorly and indeed that is what the judges are there to judge..
perez hilton can shoot his mouth off all he wants.. and look like trash in the process.. BUT he is correct atleast in his and other judge's reasoning for giving her a poor score on it. Perez running his mouth though only discredits himself in his initial legitamite stance..

Last edited by boiseguy; 05-10-2009 at 03:04 AM..

Old 05-10-2009, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTD View Post

Finally, I highly doubt Ms. California is a malicious, mean person. People are literally trying to destroy her with whatever they can after her comments (she's intolerant and shouldn't have such a position, bogus "racey photographs", she's got fake boobs crap or whatever). Dumb! And, keep in mind, I freakin' don't disagree with gay marriage. I have a different opinion on the matter than she does. Gay people should even be pi$$ed about what's happening with her. It's almost getting embarrassing. "We are tolerant. If you don't believe us...we will destroy you!" That'll show em' how tolerant people should act! Good plan. That won't make people go the exact opposite direction from what you are trying to accomplish. Pure genius.
I guess when it comes to human rights people can get a little pissy. MLK was probably seen as pissy in his time, but alot of people tolerated injustice, alot of people tolerated racism and today alot of people tolerate homophobia and will tolerate classifying my relationship as 2nd tier - well I say lets not tolerate this double standard, lets not tolerate 2nd class citizens, lets not tolerate stereotypes about gays based on ignorance and fear, so I say lets not tolerate it anymore and lets promote equality for all.

Old 05-10-2009, 02:57 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,661,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
i don't agree with the attacks on her. I think it's petty..and disrespectful...
but, should she have won the crown with that response? no... Ms. America is a uniter not a divider...
my sister was involved in the Ms. Washington pageant back in the 90's.. and while they don't punish you for your opinion, they do judge you on how you answer "tough" questions...
problem is.. the question she was asked was politically charged, so now we have people thinking she's the best thing since sliced bread, and people who hater her guts and want to destroy her at all costs..
I think that outcome in itself shows she handled the question poorly..
I disagree. They were all asked about controversial topics, and they all answered them directly. Miss California is just getting the attention because her question was about same-sex marriage and that's a subject that nearly EVERYBODY in the country has an opinion on - and many of them are strong opinions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies