Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2009, 03:10 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,927,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I disagree. They were all asked about controversial topics, and they all answered them directly. Miss California is just getting the attention because her question was about same-sex marriage and that's a subject that nearly EVERYBODY in the country has an opinion on - and many of them are strong opinions.
hmm.. well then why aren't we hearing from other girls in the contest speaking out in her defense.. saying "thats what I would have said if that question was given to me" "I don't see anything wrong with her answer"
of course we don't hear them saying that.. atleast not any of them with two brain cells...Granted many of them probably do share her opinion... but they know all too well it's not which opinion you want to give as yours.. it's HOW you give that opinion as a response to a question that matters...
especially considering that it is such a divisive issue.. I would have expected her to be a bit more tactful in her response...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2009, 03:21 AM

24,522 posts, read 33,379,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mississauga75 View Post
I know people have a right to their opinion and millions agree. However, the rational behind that opinion fails in this case. The only thing i'm getting is well she has a right to her opinion and i happen to agree with it- people don't want to dig deeper and get into a meaningful discussion about it. They don't want to understand - so if I find it funny that she is altering how god made her boobs because she wants to invalidate my relationship because it is not what her god wants, i'll laugh at the irony. Ok?
As far as I know, having plastic surgery done or implants or whatever is not a sin so it should not be compared to homosexuality. Ok?

Old 05-10-2009, 03:27 AM

38,650 posts, read 26,444,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorback_06 View Post
No buddy, we just point out the facts and your hypocrisy. You guys tear yourselves down with YOUR VALUES you hold to your heart but you seem to forget them 99% of the time. LOLOLOLO.. I'm wondering when the secret s^x tape will come out. GOD ANSWERS PRAYERS. Perjean is on her way to h^ll.. She has sinned against God. I know she was a Jezebel. Glory Hallelujah. BURN BABY BURN!!!!

So let me get this strait, she took a photo that is suitable for an under garmet package that would be displayed in plain sight at any retail store and you say she doesn't meet your moral standard, but anal intercourse between two males is cool. Nothing indecent or unnatural about that.

Old 05-10-2009, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
As far as I know, having plastic surgery done or implants or whatever is not a sin so it should not be compared to homosexuality. Ok?
homosexuality isn't even referenced as one of the ten commandments..
but lying is..and worshiping false idols whether it be a buddha, money, vanity etc.
seems christians want to pick and choose which sins and which people to stick it to when playing the condemnation game...

Old 05-10-2009, 03:44 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,719,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
hmm.. well then why aren't we hearing from other girls in the contest speaking out in her defense.. saying "thats what I would have said if that question was given to me" "I don't see anything wrong with her answer"
of course we don't hear them saying that.. atleast not any of them with two brain cells...
Why would the other young women want to get involved with it at all? It's a radioactive issue. They're smart to stay away from it.

Old 05-10-2009, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
So let me get this strait, she took a photo that is suitable for an under garmet package that would be displayed in plain sight at any retail store and you say she doesn't meet your moral standard, but anal intercourse between two males is cool. Nothing indecent or unnatural about that.
Out of bounds, dude. Anal intercourse has nothing to do with this. Besides, a lot of gay guys never have anal sex. It's also possible to be gay and not have sex at all.

Last edited by AnUnidentifiedMale; 05-10-2009 at 04:06 AM..

Old 05-10-2009, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Why would the other young women want to get involved with it at all? It's a radioactive issue. They're smart to stay away from it.
exactly... which is what ms california should have done in the first place...knowing full well that it was a divisive issue..

Old 05-10-2009, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Out of bounds, dude. Anal intercourse has nothing to do with this. Besides, a lot of gay guys never have anal sex. It's also possible to be gay and not have sex at all. Don't be so crude.
agreed..

Old 05-10-2009, 03:52 AM

38,650 posts, read 26,444,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
homosexuality isn't even referenced as one of the ten commandments..
but lying is..and worshiping false idols whether it be a buddha, money, vanity etc.
seems christians want to pick and choose which sins and which people to stick it to when playing the condemnation game...
Last I heard sin was sin, but that's a straw man. Your sin is between you of your Creator. Redefining marriage and the public values we maintain as a nation are the actual issues. It would be a tremendous convenience for the pro-gay marriage folks to have a single opponent in the ultra-conservative Christian community, but that isn't the case since 37 states and the federal government have DOMAs. Their is no support for this in the public square. The reason gays will settle for nothing less than a legal distinction of marriage is that they want to force the rest of us to acknowledge their unnatural sexual relationship as equal to that of a natural heterosexual union. The rest of us, to include Christians and non-Christians, aren't buying it.

Old 05-10-2009, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The reason gays will settle for nothing less than a legal distinction of marriage is that they want to force the rest of us to acknowledge their unnatural sexual relationship as equal to that of a natural heterosexual union. The rest of us, to include Christians and non-Christians, aren't buying it.
Same sh*t, different day. (SSDD)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies