Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-01-2009, 05:38 PM
 
Location: Up in the air
19,112 posts, read 30,643,400 times
Reputation: 16395

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Wow, what a big non-issue. Perez colors his hair. More than half of the liberal Hollywood actresses have work done on their body. But because she holds personal views against gay marriage she needs to be attacked for any little thing you can find. Nice.

Nope. It's because she 'claims' to be a good christian girl, takes her 15 minutes of fame and goes around on a 'church tour' preaching against same sex marriage. But the ONLY reason she has those 15 minutes of fame is because of a beauty contest where she struts around in minimal attire, AND changes her body with surgery to increase that beauty....vanity.

That's why. I dye my hair, but I also don't claim to be a 'down to earth good christian girl'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-01-2009, 05:42 PM
 
12,669 posts, read 20,456,608 times
Reputation: 3050
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Wow, what a big non-issue. Perez colors his hair. More than half of the liberal Hollywood actresses have work done on their body. But because she holds personal views against gay marriage she needs to be attacked for any little thing you can find. Nice.
The party that is "suppose" to be against sexism certainly is working really hard to keep it nose diving until ALL the work that has been done in the name of women and equality being taken seriously and climbing the proverbial corporate ladder in this country is gone. Way to go I am sure our up n coming young ladies will thank you all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2009, 05:53 PM
 
Location: Niles, Michigan
1,692 posts, read 3,539,747 times
Reputation: 873
I don't have a issue with her and I do respect her for speaking what she thinks is right. With that said I do think she is Miss California and should be doing whatever one does in that position. Whatever that is. If she wants to gp around talking about this question which appears she has her own agenda then she needs to resign her MIss California thing and let someone else do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2009, 06:00 PM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,100 posts, read 39,279,391 times
Reputation: 4937
One does not have to do with the other.

She was asked a question, as part of the beauty pagent. She gave an honest, straight forward, answer that some did not like. Then she was personally attacked for her views -

Now seems, there are those, including it seems the OP, who are continuing to attack this young woman from a different angle.

Personally IMO, it is NONE OF OUR BUSINESS if she had breast implants or not.

She is not a hypocrite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2009, 06:02 PM
 
Location: An absurd world.
5,160 posts, read 9,176,343 times
Reputation: 2024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
One does not have to do with the other.

She was asked a question, as part of the beauty pagent. She gave an honest, straight forward, answer that some did not like. Then she was personally attacked for her views -

Now seems, there are those, including it seems the OP, who are continuing to attack this young woman from a different angle.

Personally IMO, it is NONE OF OUR BUSINESS if she had breast implants or not.

She is not a hypocrite.
Yes, if she is claiming to represent "Christian values" she is in fact a hypocrite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2009, 06:04 PM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,100 posts, read 39,279,391 times
Reputation: 4937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Yes, if she is claiming to represent "Christian values" she is in fact a hypocrite.
I disagree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2009, 06:06 PM
 
Location: An absurd world.
5,160 posts, read 9,176,343 times
Reputation: 2024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I disagree.
The Bible generally speaks out against women doing things to enhance or alter their appearance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2009, 06:09 PM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,100 posts, read 39,279,391 times
Reputation: 4937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
The Bible generally speaks out against women doing things to enhance or alter their appearance.
So, makeup, and earring are against the Bible?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2009, 06:13 PM
 
Location: An absurd world.
5,160 posts, read 9,176,343 times
Reputation: 2024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
So, makeup, and earring are against the Bible?
Yes.

And of course it doesn't make sense. None of it does. That's how I saw religion for the BS it was when I was younger.

Quote:
1 Timothy 2:9-10 (King James Version)



9In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; 10But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2009, 06:17 PM
 
Location: Southeast
4,301 posts, read 7,037,393 times
Reputation: 1464
She just wouldn't be Miss California without her complementary implants..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top