Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Pro-lifers - should the pill and Plan B be banned?
No, the pill and plan B should be legal and encouraged. 18 58.06%
Plan B should be banned, but the pill should not be. 10 32.26%
Both Plan B and the pill should be banned. 3 9.68%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 12:55 PM

39,031 posts, read 22,983,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
There ya go, Afoigrok. Liberalvoice here voted. All 8 of them are leftwingers. LOLOL.
I voted for the second option and I'm far from being a left-winger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2009, 12:56 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,557,269 times
Quote:
There ya go, Afoigrok. Liberalvoice here voted. All 8 of them are leftwingers. LOLOL.
Except you are wrong...once again...and like always.

I DID NOT vote. I saw that he asked for Pro lifers only. I am not a pro life. Thats why I suggested afo go check who voted.

CONservatives...:rol leyes: LOLOL!!!!!

Old 05-03-2009, 12:58 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,428,898 times
The reason I wanted to hear from pro-lifers only was not to shun anyone or leave anyone out. It was simply because I couldn't imagine ANY pro-choicer being against BC and because SOME extreme pro-lifers argue that BC is tantamount to abortion and should thus be banned. No pro-choicer would support banning it.

Old 05-03-2009, 01:00 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,557,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
The reason I wanted to hear from pro-lifers only was not to shun anyone or leave anyone out. It was simply because I couldn't imagine ANY pro-choicer being against BC and because SOME extreme pro-lifers argue that BC is tantamount to abortion and should thus be banned. No pro-choicer would support banning it.
I understand. Unlike Eeeee, I dont jump to conclusions and think you wanted to shun me.

I read that you said you only wanted pro life people to vote so that is just that.

And I agree with your post.

Old 05-03-2009, 03:08 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,527,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I understand. Unlike Eeeee, I dont jump to conclusions and think you wanted to shun me.

I read that you said you only wanted pro life people to vote so that is just that.

And I agree with your post.
Who's talking about shunning people. You people just make stuff up. I was just laughing because Afoi actually believes it's really 10 pro-lifers have taken the most extreme position in his poll, when in reality the leftoids hijacked this whole thing.

Old 05-03-2009, 03:10 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,428,898 times
Quote:
Who's talking about shunning people. You people just make stuff up. I was just laughing because Afoi actually believes it's really 10 pro-lifers have taken the most extreme position in his poll, when in reality the leftoids hijacked this whole thing.
I find it very, very plausible that most of the voters are pro-life. I personally know many pro-lifers who have no problem with BC.

If you want to make this about religion (which it is not), only the Catholic church is against contraception. The Protestant churches are not, not even against "abortifecants."

Old 05-03-2009, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
I voted for the second option and I'm far from being a left-winger.
MsConnie, if you believe life begins at conception, it's inconsistent for you to think the Pill is acceptable.

But at least you aren't among the 10 extremists that Afoi thinks are conservatives.

Old 05-03-2009, 03:16 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,618,597 times
I'm not a leftoid, I am prolife and I voted that Plan B and the Pill as well as every other contraception out there is fine.
Does life begin at conception? Sure. Do we live in a world where 'accidents' happen and abortion whether legalized or not will continue to be practiced? Sure, again.
I am a pragmatist. I would much rather a zygote stop developing rather then an eighteen week fetus be murdered because the teen didn't 'know' she was pregnant. I mean, yes lets take the high road and proclaim all abortion bad. Hell, even most ardent prochoicers will admit that. But it does exist and has always existed. So instead of wrapping myself in my moral superiority on this issue I would prefer to limit the amount of abortions being performed, the amount of women and girls risking their future fertility and of course the lives of viable fetuses. And if that means the pill and plan B be handed out like f'ing halloween candy then so be it.
Call it moral triage, but the reality is what it is.

Old 05-03-2009, 03:32 PM

38,625 posts, read 26,307,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I'm wondering how many of those who are pro-life (you support abortion being banned in most cases) also feel that the pill and plan B should be banned?

Please do not vote in this poll if you are pro-choice.

The pill prevents conception. Plan-B prevents birth following conception. If you're going to conceive then do something to prevent the embryo's development, it really isn't much different than an abortion. This is part and parcel of the same slippery slope. If we are going to use any starting point for personhood other than conception, the same old tired T4 arguments are going to be used to rationalize why the developing child is unworthy of life, or why the mother's well-being/privacy/disposition/lifestyle is more important than the child's life.

Old 05-03-2009, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I'm not a leftoid, I am prolife and I voted that Plan B and the Pill as well as every other contraception out there is fine.
Does life begin at conception? Sure. Do we live in a world where 'accidents' happen and abortion whether legalized or not will continue to be practiced? Sure, again.
I am a pragmatist. I would much rather a zygote stop developing rather then an eighteen week fetus be murdered because the teen didn't 'know' she was pregnant. I mean, yes lets take the high road and proclaim all abortion bad. Hell, even most ardent prochoicers will admit that. But it does exist and has always existed. So instead of wrapping myself in my moral superiority on this issue I would prefer to limit the amount of abortions being performed, the amount of women and girls risking their future fertility and of course the lives of viable fetuses. And if that means the pill and plan B be handed out like f'ing halloween candy then so be it.
Call it moral triage, but the reality is what it is.
The Pill and Plan B are both abortifacients, so I don't understand how you are curbing abortions by using them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies