Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 04:28 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,006,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
Some of you should read more carefully. One-third of Georgia Republicans were in favor of secession, while only 18% of all Georgians sampled was in favor of such.

OUCH! My bad! When you're on the forum at 3 a.m., some days the bear bites you. Great moniker, BTW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2009, 04:38 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,455,257 times
Please, let's let these people effing secede! We made the huge mistake of keeping the South once before, let's not repeat history!

Old 05-04-2009, 05:46 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,836,168 times
Yeah, becuase we all remember how well that worked out for them last time!

If you don't get the reference see your history books and "Sherman, William Tecumseh".

golfgod

Old 05-04-2009, 05:51 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,713,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
ATLANTA, May 3 (UPI) -- The left-leaning blog Daily Kos says its poll of Georgia found one-third of Republicans in the state favor seceding from the United States.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported Sunday that the poll, part of the blog's Research 2000 project, found just 18 percent of all Georgians say they are ready to sever ties with the country.

Poll: Ga. Republicans favor 'independence' - UPI.com
They can easily do so by LEAVING! In fact I wish ALL the Republicans would leave the whole country. But if they think, even for one minute, that we are going to give them a single inch of this country to fester their poison in, they had better get other ideas before we send the Union Army back in to give them the ass whuppin they so richly deserve!
But they can always try to buy some land from Mexico or move to Hati.

Old 05-04-2009, 06:02 PM

749 posts, read 945,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Yes we should build us a wall to keep the illegals (Georgians and Texans) out of our great nation...
If Texas secedes we will build a fence ourselves. Because you will be so screwed without our tax revs.

Old 05-04-2009, 06:05 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,620,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgibbs42 View Post
If Texas secedes we will build a fence ourselves. Because you will be so screwed without our tax revs.
LOL---a border on the north side. If I were you guys, I would vote for it now.

Old 05-04-2009, 07:17 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,455,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
They can easily do so by LEAVING! In fact I wish ALL the Republicans would leave the whole country. But if they think, even for one minute, that we are going to give them a single inch of this country to fester their poison in, they had better get other ideas before we send the Union Army back in to give them the ass whuppin they so richly deserve!
No, don't spoil it for everyone, let them take the bayou! We get rid of Repukes and mosquitos all at once!

Old 05-04-2009, 08:23 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,510,726 times
Knowing GA that like I do, why do the people in this poll want to secede?
They don't like having a black man for president (a lot of them anyway, maybe even most of them).

Old 05-04-2009, 09:32 PM

1,535 posts, read 1,631,266 times
If Obama pushes the CIFTI Treaty where gun registration is required for foregin countries, the other half of Gerogia may want to leave the union too.
Gun Law Update - CIFTA Treaty

-- The controls go way past anything EVER attempted by gun-control groups in the United States.
-- NONE of the proposed gun controls are likely to pass by themselves through Congress. If the treaty is enacted they don't have to -- they become law when the treaty is ratified.

-- Virtually NO PROTECTIONS FOR RKBA are to be found, and the wordings are loose enough to allow all sorts of attacks on gun rights American enjoy today.

-- The U.S. government under this treaty GAINS POWER to manage firearms almost any way it would like to, without checks and balances.

-- Once signed, many of the restrictions and government intrusions become MANDATORY, and the full Congress, already cut out of ratification (only the Senate approves treaties) would be cut out of the implementation process entirely.

-- Top to bottom registration of all firearms, ammunition, ammunition components and other related materials is required if they are "in transit" and records must be kept indefinitely. This vague language, and the requirement to comply are a gun-banner's dream and a rights advocate's nightmare.

Old 05-05-2009, 08:28 AM

646 posts, read 800,222 times
I live in Chattanooga on the Georgia border,and I know at least 100 people from Georgia who would love to secede.I don't think it's 18% it would be much higher.This would be awesome and I would love to see Tennessee follow suit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies