Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 09:41 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,874,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
however, this is merely an attempt, nothing else, to use a high ranking Democrat as a "human shield" from prosecution.
In case you haven't noticed, it is the republicans who are calling for the reports and memos to be released detailing exactly who knew what, when they knew it. Demint, Hoesktra, Boehner.

I don't see any dems calling for their release, do you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2009, 09:54 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,471,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
In case you haven't noticed, it is the republicans who are calling for the reports and memos to be released detailing exactly who knew what, when they knew it. Demint, Hoesktra, Boehner.

I don't see any dems calling for their release, do you?

Say whaaaaaa??????

All of a sudden it is Republicans calling for the release of torture details?

Which ones, the ones where the CIA COULD take notes, but Pelosi couldn't?

I'm just trying to figure out exactly what bit of subterfuge the Republicans are presently attempting in their quest for the "truth" about the whole matter.

I'm almost positive (almost) that the Minority leader of the House and others with him are not playing politics with torture, but instead working to find out who really knew what.

Right? Republicans are not merely trying to implicate Pelosi as their only interest in the subject, are they?

Of course not! The law is the law, after all, independent of ones political ideology.

Old 05-16-2009, 10:05 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,321,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Republicans are not merely trying to implicate Pelosi as their only interest in the subject, are they?
Pelosi is doing a fine job of implicating herself without any help from Republicans. She changes her story every other week and now accuses the CIA of lying. Everyone but her is lying.

Old 05-16-2009, 10:29 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,874,903 times
Quote:
I'm almost positive (almost) that the Minority leader of the House and others with him are not playing politics with torture, but instead working to find out who really knew what.
Since the dems/liberals/obama have been leveling the charge for a couple of years, I guess it is about time the public gets at the truth - who knew what, when they knew and why they did nothing to object if they were so outrageously outraged.

Pelosi is a liar, but if she did nothing to object at the time she was also negligent in her duty as ranking member of the committee.

Old 05-16-2009, 10:32 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,080,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
Getting tiresome, huh? Now you know what 8 years of liberal throat-slashing of Bush and Cheney feels like. Get used to it. You're just getting started.
but.....Cheny is a sociopathic monster and Bush is a sociopathic idiot. Why were you not outraged at what they did and the repercussions thereof??? Do you know how idiotic it sounds when an American defends the criminals that the last administration was? It will all come out in the wash and that is why Cheny will most likely flee to a private island or fake his own death to avoid being put through the ringer as a result of the war crimes and war profiteering he perpetrated in which his puppet Bush was complicate!

Old 05-16-2009, 10:47 AM

157 posts, read 180,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
"Beyond ridiculous to call waterboarding torture"? Yeah, somehow I think you'd be singing a different tune if you were waterboarded.
Would I like it? No. Would I be hurt 10 seconds after they were done? No. There's no parent in this world that would call it torture if their child was in danger and an admitted BEHEADER had the information to remove that danger. Let's put it this way, if frat boys do it for hazing, it's not torture. Save your faux outrage for the terrorists.

Old 05-16-2009, 11:08 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,536,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Cool. Lets investigate her. Torture should have consequences that are bi partisan in nature, however, this is merely an attempt, nothing else, to use a high ranking Democrat as a "human shield" from prosecution.

The irony of this entire accusation couldnt be more obvious:

The "liberal" Democrat from San Francisco was told by Cheney's uber-secretive war clique about illegal torture practices.

Ummmmm...............yea. Sure they did.
So it would appear by her own peoples statements. If you think that the dems will apply the same rule of law to themselves as to the repubs, Ummmmm................yea. Sure they will

Old 05-16-2009, 11:11 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,536,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
but.....Cheny is a sociopathic monster and Bush is a sociopathic idiot. Why were you not outraged at what they did and the repercussions thereof??? Do you know how idiotic it sounds when an American defends the criminals that the last administration was? It will all come out in the wash and that is why Cheny will most likely flee to a private island or fake his own death to avoid being put through the ringer as a result of the war crimes and war profiteering he perpetrated in which his puppet Bush was complicate!
Can you say conspiracy nut?

Old 05-16-2009, 01:00 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,209,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
all those people who chastized me for voting Libertarian.

I just sit back and watch the demise of the 2 party system.

What do you foresee as the outcome of the destruction of the two party system? Most powerful Dems see the Republicans as being dead right now so maybe we get a one party system with Democrats in control. Do you think that one party control by libertarians would be better?

Maybe you lean toward a multi-party system so we can go all the way toward British government with Parliamentary instead of Presidential. I don't see us surviving without two parties but then I like Presidential over Parliamentary every time.

Old 05-16-2009, 01:05 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,209,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
And who iniated the "Torture Program", repeat after me Bush/Cheney... See, that wasn't so hard was it?
Nope, Duke, that was a very easy attempt to deflect the conversation from the Lady of the House, which was once the subject of this thread. Great work, Lefty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies