Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 10:22 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,559,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
And it starts.

I've read scriptures, attended bible studies and taken numerous religion courses and I STILL do not believe. I will become wormfood when I die and do not believe in an afterlife.
Jet, don't bother. Some people on here have a brick wall separating themselves from reality. Some posters are just trying to goad others, too bad for them it doesn't work, hey?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2009, 10:29 AM

207 posts, read 243,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Well......... I guess it would depend, I have seen some lesbians that were, how should I say this...quite manly..probably would not be real keen on someone of that nature teaching my kids. If you looked like... oh... i dont know, saaaay, Sarah Palin, and acted like a lady probably wouldnt have an issue.

I look nothing like Sarah Palin thank goodness.. I'm clearly female in appearance...but you won't see me in school in dresses and skirts and uncomfy shoes either...I'm very comfortably gender neutral.

But your comment remindes me of the begining of a poem about how kids don't care about things that adults do.

Swing Set ~Andrea Gibson

"Are you a boy or a girl?" he asks
staring up at me all three feet of his pudding faced grandure
and I say "Dylan, you've been in this class for three years
and you still don't know if I'm a boy or a girl?"
"uh uh"
and I say "Well in that case I don't think it really much matters. Do you?"
"No...can I have a push on the swing?"

And the end of the poem she's talking about a lady in a store who is sheltering her kid...

and tomorrow I'll start my day with 28 minds
that are a whole lot smarter then you
and if I show up in a pink frilly dress
those kids won't love me any more...or less
"Hey are you a boy or a...oh nevermind...can I have a push on the swing?"
And one day when we grow up
it's all gonna be that simple.

Old 05-08-2009, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Actually , one of my assistant football coach's once told me I would make a really good "Third World Dictator". I took that as a compliment. Look my point is this. I believe the lines have been blurred waaaaay too much between male and female, masculinity and femininity. I want my sons to be taught, mentored ,surrounded by and exposed to traditional examples of real men and women! Period. Obviously, that doesnt jive with the whole homosexual,heshe,gay,lesbian,transwhatever world view, but I'm ok with that!

No you are the one with the issues...tha fact that you think there have to be lines!...Gender is not two boxes it's a spectrum. I have female parts I am female...but that in no way implies I should walk around in skirts, shave my legs, be barefoot and pregnant, cook dinner for my man, or any other of the rediculous conservative stereotypes you have about females. I am just as much female in my tennis shoes as someone else is in their high heels. The girl with the shaved head is just as much female as the woman with the long curled done up hair. The girl with the armpit and leg hair is just as much female as the smooth shaven woman with three pounds of make up on.....The same goes for men....the guy who likes to pain his nails is just as much male as the quarterback on the football team...gender is a spectrum...not a multiple choice question...there are no lines to blur...we are who we are...regardless of what is between our legs!

Old 05-08-2009, 10:39 AM

Quote:
yeah right!

I know straight men who like show tunes and poetry...I also know other straight men who like the color pink, get manicures and facials, and wear eyeliner.... *shrugs* it does happen

Old 05-08-2009, 10:40 AM

79 posts, read 96,290 times
Why does anyone give this idiot the time of day. He became famous for voting against his interests. He's famous for being stupid. Who cares what he says?

Old 05-08-2009, 11:41 AM

10,049 posts, read 14,414,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Joe the Plumber, aka Samuel Wurzelbacher, sat down for an lengthy interview with Christianity Today to discuss his views on the future of the Republican party. Wurzelbacher took the opportunity to speak out against gay marriage, which he says is wrong. The unlikely conservative spokesman went so far as to say he doesn't allow openly gay people "anywhere near" his children.
The word "*****," Wurzelbacher noted, "means strange and unusual."

Joe The Plumber Slurs Gay People: I Would Never Let "*****s" Near My Children

He's Baaaaaaaaaaack
Another small-minded individual showing how uneducated he really is.

Using this logic, why let straight people near any children of the opposite sex? They might try to do something to them.

LUDACRIS and clearly insinuating that gay people are pedophiles.

This man needs to get a clue.

Old 05-08-2009, 11:44 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,452,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Another small-minded individual showing how uneducated he really is.

Using this logic, why let straight people near any children of the opposite sex? They might try to do something to them.

LUDACRIS and clearly insinuating that gay people are pedophiles.

This man needs to get a clue.
You know what's interesting. A gay person, if they are a pedophile, is no more statistically likely to molest a child of the same sex than they are to molest a child of the opposite sex. Likewise, a straight pedophile is no more statistically likely to molest a child of the opposite sex than they are to molest a child of the same sex.

Also, a gay person is no more statistically likely to be a pedophile at all than a straight person.

Pedophilia is a completely different attraction from hetero or homo.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:01 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,817,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokenwordfan View Post
Because he does...really they don't HAVE to process anything. It's just the way it is, he has a husband...period. It's no different then the kids processing how their teacher they know isn't married is pregnant.
Yeah, thats what you all would like everyone to believe, all part of the "agenda"!

Old 05-08-2009, 08:05 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,817,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokenwordfan View Post
I look nothing like Sarah Palin thank goodness.. I'm clearly female in appearance...but you won't see me in school in dresses and skirts and uncomfy shoes either...I'm very comfortably gender neutral.

But your comment remindes me of the begining of a poem about how kids don't care about things that adults do.

Swing Set ~Andrea Gibson

"Are you a boy or a girl?" he asks
staring up at me all three feet of his pudding faced grandure
and I say "Dylan, you've been in this class for three years
and you still don't know if I'm a boy or a girl?"
"uh uh"
and I say "Well in that case I don't think it really much matters. Do you?"
"No...can I have a push on the swing?"

And the end of the poem she's talking about a lady in a store who is sheltering her kid...

and tomorrow I'll start my day with 28 minds
that are a whole lot smarter then you
and if I show up in a pink frilly dress
those kids won't love me any more...or less
"Hey are you a boy or a...oh nevermind...can I have a push on the swing?"
And one day when we grow up
it's all gonna be that simple.
Great! If you teach those innocent little kids those ahem.... "poems " in you're class, I would definately have a problem with you teaching my kid!

Old 05-08-2009, 08:17 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,559,023 times
Quote:
Great! If you teach those innocent little kids those ahem.... "poems " in you're class, I would definately have a problem with you teaching my kid!
You seriously have a problem w/that poem? I don't even like poems, but WTF, how do you have a problem w/that one???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies