Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 09:06 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,841,798 times

Advertisements

not really. I used to be an athiest, but then had to get real and become a deist. athiests all have one thing in common. they are all cowards, because we all know, there is NO such thing as an athiest in a foxhole. so rather than be a hypocrite and a coward, I made a choice.

by the way, religion is blind faith, and so is science. that makes science a religion to the enlightened thinker.

it must be fun to think you know it all and that science can explain everything. I'll just be here chillin in reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Well, more impressive than someone who thinks science is religion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2009, 09:08 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,972,499 times
they are all cowards, because we all know, there is NO such thing as an athiest in a foxhole.

This doesn't even make sense. Because when people get frightened some seek a higher power to comfort them ...this proves the existence of God?

Do you advocate Heroin use? Because many in those foxholes turned Heroin to comfort themselves.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:11 AM

5,160 posts, read 9,169,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
not really. I used to be an athiest, but then had to get real and become a deist. athiests all have one thing in common. they are all cowards, because we all know, there is NO such thing as an athiest in a foxhole. so rather than be a hypocrite and a coward, I made a choice.

by the way, religion is blind faith, and so is science. that makes science a religion to the enlightened thinker.

it must be fun to think you know it all and that science can explain everything. I'll just be here chillin in reality.
So an enlightened person is following blind faith? Right.

You make holes in your own arguments. Oh, and um...

Old 05-06-2009, 09:11 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,214,634 times
Quote:

How many straw men can you pack into one comment?

There are plenty of atheists in foxholes. Your imagination doesn't change that.

Science is not blind faith, so that's idiotic.

Where did I say that science can explain everything? Go ahead. Search a bit. I'll wait ....

Oh. You can't back up your idiotic point? Why am I not surprised.

I don't want anyone who's stupid enough to think that the world is 6,000 years old to be anywhere near a position of power.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:12 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,972,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post

Good catch. I forgot about these guys...Good for them!

Old 05-06-2009, 09:13 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
no, it just shows that people who are athiests are cowards because when faced with life and death, they seek comfort. that makes them cowards. I didn't say it proves that there is a god, I said that athiests were cowards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
they are all cowards, because we all know, there is NO such thing as an athiest in a foxhole.

This doesn't even make sense. Because when people get frightened some seek a higher power to comfort them ...this proves the existence of God?

You advocate Heroin use? Because many in those foxholes turned Heroin to comfort themselves.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:14 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
That should be real easy for you. Give us a Democratic leader, or Democratic platform that advocates working to promote Creationism or Intelligent Design??? If these kooky Democrats are so powerful where's the beef???
Obama, Clintons, dont go to church? If they dont believe in creationism, then why go to church unless its only for political grandstanding..

Last I checked, Democrats hold ALL of the power in DC, maybe I'm in a time warp or something but I think they hold all three branches of government..

Or are you claiming that Mike Pence is more powerful than Obama..

Last edited by pghquest; 05-06-2009 at 09:24 AM..

Old 05-06-2009, 09:15 AM

for 1, that could be photoshopped. for 2, it is a couple of soldiers on a beach. doesn't really look like a life and death situation now does it. how's that for holes in your argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post

Old 05-06-2009, 09:16 AM

Quote:
no, it just shows that people who are athiests are cowards because when faced with life and death, they seek comfort. that makes them cowards. I didn't say it proves that there is a god, I said that athiests were cowards.
I've never been in the military, but I have been in a few dangerous situtations. Not once have I ever called out to some imaginary man in the sky.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:17 AM

Quote:
for 1, that could be photoshopped. for 2, it is a couple of soldiers on a beach. doesn't really look like a life and death situation now does it. how's that for holes in your argument.
You can't prove:

A. It was photoshopped.
B. They don't have any experience in "the field" or haven't been in actual combat.
C. That atheists call out to your mythical sky daddy when they're afraid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies