Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 01:59 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,535,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
You know what, at least he's a council member/politician WHO ACTUALLY LISTENS TO THE VOICE OF HIS CONSTITUENTS. One of the few who do.

I don't care about his private life.

Don't you know by now we can't put these politicians on pedestals!

I never had and never do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2009, 02:01 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,147,800 times
This is rich - we have the Christian Right defending Miss California's underage nude photos and now Marion Barry!

Old 05-06-2009, 02:07 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
This is rich - we have the Christian Right defending Miss California's underage nude photos and now Marion Barry!
I don't defend Marion Barry at all. Never have, and never will. I will, however, defend his duty to represent his electorate, which he is doing.

Old 05-06-2009, 02:10 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
You know what, at least he's a council member/politician WHO ACTUALLY LISTENS TO THE VOICE OF HIS CONSTITUENTS. One of the few who do.

I don't care about his private life.

Don't you know by now we can't put these politicians on pedestals!
you don't care about his private life? then why do you care about a gay person's private life. so it is ok or shall I say doesn't bother you that a man cheats on his wife, is married four times and smokes crack but what a gay person does in his bedroom does?

Old 05-06-2009, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I don't defend Marion Barry at all. Never have, and never will. I will, however, defend his duty to represent his electorate, which he is doing.
Would you do the same for Barney Frank?

Old 05-06-2009, 02:14 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,634,639 times
Quote:
I would and have.

As to Marion Berry - the man is back on the pipe. And the fact that he keeps being elected by the people of DC shows what a complete shiithole their education system has become.

Old 05-06-2009, 02:17 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Quote:
Sure, why not? I don't like Barney Frank at all. But i've never held any contempt for him or the constituents of the 4th Congressional District of Mass. in regards to legislation that directly affects his district. I don't care what he does on the micro-level. His culpability in the current national housing mess is a different story though.

Old 05-06-2009, 02:20 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,856,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
gsupstate, news flash many of us do not believe in equal rights for illegal immigrants either, that don't make me a bigot. Although i do believe marriage is between a man and a woman who am i to speak for anyone else?
Wow. You are comparing a gay person to an illegal immigrant????? WOW, just wow. So is it OK then for me to compare black Americans to illegal immigrants?????? The amount of bigotry coming out of the black community toward other groups presently is absolutely amazing!!!

Old 05-06-2009, 02:21 PM

Illegal immigrants have more rights than citizen gays.

Old 05-06-2009, 02:37 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,449,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Wow. You are comparing a gay person to an illegal immigrant????? WOW, just wow. So is it OK then for me to compare black Americans to illegal immigrants?????? The amount of bigotry coming out of the black community toward other groups presently is absolutely amazing!!!
Please don't act like the gay community doesn't have share of bigots or intolerant folks. Just because a group has been historically opressed doesn't mean they have to champion every single cause, especially if that cause goes against their beliefs. Everyone is intolerant to a certain degree. Everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies