Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 02:41 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,877,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
Please don't act like the gay community doesn't have share of bigots or intolerant folks. Just because a group has been historically opressed doesn't mean they have to champion every single cause, especially if that cause goes against their beliefs. Everyone is intolerant to a certain degree. Everyone!
Now, now. That isn't PC.
But what you are saying is that a group who was opressed has every right to opress other groups? Well then, that settles it. No more need for affirmative action. Affirmative action is for those who are opressed. If that opressed group is now the opressor....that changes things quite a bit. Right?

Also interesting to know I don't have to champion every cause. I can then believe that a black man shouldn't receive equal pay, and according to your logic, I wouldn't be racist. I don't have to champion every cause....right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2009, 02:53 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,297,482 times
I didn't know there were socially conservative wards in DC. They must have all voted for McCain, have 2-parent households, be drug and violence free, and be against all social programs. This as an amazing new factoid to learn about!

Old 05-06-2009, 02:57 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,877,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
I didn't know there were socially conservative wards in DC. They must have all voted for McCain, have 2-parent households, be drug and violence free, and be against all social programs. This as an amazing new factoid to learn about!
Exactly. Why would a socially conservative group have voted for Obama???

Old 05-06-2009, 02:59 PM

38,034 posts, read 22,209,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
There are no civil war in MA, ME, IA, etc.
Lord knows those are states with huge black populations.

Old 05-06-2009, 03:00 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,702,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
love this quote from the link because it is so true:

Most black guys apparently prefer to get their gay sex on the DL. and how do I know? Don't ask don't tell!
And it's true. The number of black men on the "men seeking men" section of Craiglist seems way out of proportion with the actual percentage of blacks in the general population.

Old 05-06-2009, 03:05 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,472,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
you don't care about his private life? then why do you care about a gay person's private life. so it is ok or shall I say doesn't bother you that a man cheats on his wife, is married four times and smokes crack but what a gay person does in his bedroom does?
There are gay politicians and I couldn't care less about what they do in their private time, as long as they're not cheating, and screwing their constituents.

I don't believe that same sex couples deserve any special legislation because of the way they have sex. That's what I have said.

Old 05-06-2009, 03:06 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,154,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
And it's true. The number of black men on the "men seeking men" section of Craiglist seems way out of proportion with the actual percentage of blacks in the general population.
Now there's a fact(?) that I would know nothing about!

Old 05-06-2009, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Nevermind black men on the DL.

What you should actually know is that the number of men ISO men posts on any and every Craigslist city outnumbers the posts for men ISO women, women ISO women, and women ISO men.

True fact.

Old 05-06-2009, 03:09 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,192,873 times
I bet all that research was fascinating.

Old 05-06-2009, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
I bet all that research was fascinating.
Endlessly.

Especially reading through all the creatively worded threads.

Last edited by LuckyGem; 05-06-2009 at 03:17 PM.. Reason: removed the words "lecherous and perverted threads"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies