Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 02:31 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,559,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
People stare, it's a fact of life. They stare at what they have never seen before, they stare at something beautiful, and they stare at the repulsive.

Now, I condone people staring at whatever they want. You can't control people staring at you or objects or whatever.

Some people ogle someone who's not drawing attention to themself, and stare anyway.

So what.
So what???? So then what the hell was the point of your previous post if you don't care? Ok, it's official, trying to discuss something w/you is like trying to rationalize w/a 10-week old baby, it's just not gonna happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2009, 02:38 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,657,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
HAHAHAHAHA. And yikesamillion and EuroMutt. The quadruplets!
We should put together a family tree of all of the regular posters here.

Old 05-08-2009, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
We should put together a family tree of all of the regular posters here.
Do you think we'll see some inbreeding that has gone on?

Old 05-08-2009, 02:45 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,136,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
So people are ass holes because they stare at two men/two women holding hands or maybe tonguing each other in a restaurant? Wouldn't that would be something openly gay people do. No, the ass holes are the ones shoving their sexuality in your face 24/7.
Your last sentence implies a lot of fear on your part. You are afraid even if you're exposed to what you describe for just a few seconds. You blow that out of proportion to make it something that's "in your face 24/7" which suggests to me that you carry that image with you long afterwards. That fear has turned into unhealthy anger. You make the people who are asking you to let them live their lives in peace with the same privileges and rights you enjoy, you make them out to be the expletive you used above. It's THEIR fault. That kind of reminds me of those abusive husbands who blame their wives for "making them do it" to them.

My advice is to stop looking for/at gay people. And stop arguing an issue that will never resolve itself for you without therapy. And stop feeling like you're the victim, because you aren't being victimized by anyone other than the person you see in the mirror.

Old 05-08-2009, 02:47 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,452,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Do you think we'll see some inbreeding that has gone on?

Old 05-08-2009, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Your last sentence implies a lot of fear on your part. You are afraid even if you're exposed to what you describe for just a few seconds. You blow that out of proportion to make it something that's "in your face 24/7" which suggests to me that you carry that image with you long afterwards. That fear has turned into unhealthy anger. You make the people who are asking you to let them live their lives in peace with the same privileges and rights you enjoy, you make them out to be the expletive you used above. It's THEIR fault. That kind of reminds me of those abusive husbands who blame their wives for "making them do it" to them.

My advice is to stop looking for/at gay people. And stop arguing an issue that will never resolve itself for you without therapy. And stop feeling like you're the victim, because you aren't being victimized by anyone other than the person you see in the mirror.
Beautifully done.

Her rants are extreme. Some people are so consumed with hatred and fear, they can't see an issue with any rationality whatsoever.

Old 05-08-2009, 02:51 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,452,408 times
Quote:
Beautifully done.

Her rants are extreme. Some people are so consumed with hatred and fear, they can't see an issue with any rationality whatsoever.
She made a post on another thread suggesting court-ordered sterilization for "irresponsible people."

There's no hope for her.

Old 05-08-2009, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
She made a post on another thread suggesting court-ordered sterilization for "irresponsible people."

There's no hope for her.
At least she makes me laugh.

Old 05-08-2009, 07:44 PM

958 posts, read 2,132,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
As I often scan the part of this forum on city and state questions, I often run into questions like "is this place gay friendly" or is that place "hostile to gays".
This is really depressing to think that in 2008 in the United States of America that this question should even have to be posed. I would hope that we as a country have moved beyond the "Anita Bryant" age and into the modern age of tolerance and acceptace of homosexuality.
No, I do not think homosexuality is "normal" for a person and I am not attempting to argue that here. Being left handed is not "normal" for a person either but I don't see left handed people asking "is the place left handed friendly" in the forums. The fact is that homosexuality is normal to the homosexual and nobody is going to change that basic fact of life. The religious nutcases and hate mongerers can say what they want but gays are not going anywhere anytime soon.
It is time for the rest of us to grow up and realize this and allow the gays to have the same rights and dignity afforded to other Americans. Everyplace should be "gay friendly"!
Then call the suicide hot line.

Old 05-08-2009, 07:51 PM

Quote:
At least she makes me laugh.
Laugh, cry, stick needles in my eyeballs. All the same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies