Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 06:21 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,564,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Most men are scum. Most women are dumb. If you start with those 2 presumptions, you will probably avoid lots of drama in your life. That is what I told my daughter.
Dude, I'm going to take offense at the women are dumb statement. Completely untrue, I am a woman & I don't consider myself dumb. I also don't think most men are scum, it just seems that unfortunately the scum ones are the ones we hear about. Wait, you actually told your DAUGHTER that most women are dumb? I kinda feel bad for her now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2009, 06:22 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,445,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Most men are scum. Most women are dumb. If you start with those 2 presumptions, you will probably avoid lots of drama in your life. That is what I told my daughter.
That is a terrible thing to tell your daughter. Women are not dumb most are a h*ll of allot smarter than men BTW.

Old 05-08-2009, 06:37 PM

29 posts, read 45,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
True, human rights are a liberal concern. You are right to resent and belittle them.
I never said anything about liberals, and I don't in any way "resent and belittle them".

What I said was that I am a bit suspicious of claims made by Human Rights Watch... just as I am suspicious of "news" stories printed by World Net Daily.

Old 05-08-2009, 06:45 PM

1,570 posts, read 2,069,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam0084 View Post
Most of what you type is incoherent, but I read your post 2-3 time trying to decipher some kind of logic. now in response.

short answer: Your a moron.
Most of what I write is not incoherent. You are just a douchebag

Old 05-08-2009, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60-minutes-II View Post
Ok kids, stop fighting. You did in fact say something to the effect that women were not nice, the ones who are subjected to domestic violence. Please elaborate on that.

Old 05-08-2009, 06:50 PM

471 posts, read 587,103 times
Quote:
but I'm right on this matter. that is all that is important.

Old 05-08-2009, 06:53 PM

471 posts, read 587,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
That is a terrible thing to tell your daughter. Women are not dumb most are a h*ll of allot smarter than men BTW.

I think some people are smarter than others. Most of the time when two people meet up one is smarter, kinder, cuter, funnier, etc. Then, sometimes, the weakness of the other is exploited. Its sad and actually show insecurity but it is true.

Old 05-08-2009, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Ok kids, stop fighting. You did in fact say something to the effect that women were not nice, the ones who are subjected to domestic violence. Please elaborate on that.
Not fighting he's just a d-bag.
I will try to make you understand what I mean by most abused women are not nice women. Most abused women take on traits of their abusers and repeat it to innocent males who would otherwise be very nice to them and make for great relationship material. But these abused women are full of hatred for men that unless that male is abusive to her, she will always abuse the men she comes across. Thus, making her not a nice women. It takes years of counseling for a women to get over her trauma but many do not go out and seek the help they need. Eventually their cynicism rubs off onto innocent males regardless if that male was just passing through or a part of her life.

Old 05-08-2009, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Not fighting he's just a d-bag.
I will try to make you understand what I mean by most abused women are not nice women. Most abused women take on traits of their abusers and repeat it to innocent males who would otherwise be very nice to them and make for great relationship material. But these abused women are full of hatred for men that unless that male is abusive to her, she will always abuse the men she comes across. Thus, making her not a nice women. It takes years of counseling for a women to get over her trauma but many do not go out and seek the help they need. Eventually their cynicism rubs off onto innocent males regardless if that male was just passing through or a part of her life.
Ok. Well, I can see a point here, I do know of women who are really just horrible women. I don't know if that's because they were abused themselves or if they're just complete jerks. And I understand that women can push buttons, nag, criticize, etc. to the tenth degree. Not all of them of course. I also understand how that can make a man go crazy. But what I do NOT agree w/is abuse. If a woman is being emotionally or verbally abusive, it still does not warrant physical abuse by the man, & of course vice-versa. People need to maintain themselves, on both ends. But according to statistics, men who abuse women have a pattern of it in their lives. They've most likely endured it growing up & then took that in & did the same to their girlfriend/spouse. That in definition does not make the abused woman a bad person. That makes the MAN a bad person. Big difference. Most cases of domestic abuse are on the hands of men who have a power issue.

Old 05-08-2009, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam0084 View Post
but I'm right on this matter. that is all that is important.
Pat yourself on the back. You were "right" according to your own opinion but guess what? Your still a d-bag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies