Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 03:15 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,749,261 times

Advertisements

Every time the left mentions Rush, he rings the register. When Obama went after him his already stratospheric ratings went through the roof.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2009, 03:20 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canerican View Post
He destroys Liberal talk radio day in and day out, and he gets paid well for it, and he brags about it, I would too.
That's fine. You and your friend Rush can celebrate his ratings and the money he makes, and I'll celebrate the fact that Democrats continue to win elections. I can live with that.

Old 05-07-2009, 03:31 PM

37,963 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpyne View Post
After more or less reprising his radio show routine, Limbaugh went on to brag about his $400 million contract with Clear Channel Communications. As he continued to gloat about his show’s success, Limbaugh mocked the idea that Americans are suffering, noting, “I’ve never had financially a down year” despite the “supposed” recession:
LIMBAUGH: But during all this growth I haven’t lost any audience. I’ve never had financially a down year. There’s supposedly a recession, but we’ve got - what is this May? Back in February we already had 102% of 2008 overbooked for 2009. [applause] So I always believed that if we’re going to have a recession, just don’t participate.

Think Progress » EXCLUSIVE AUDIO: Limbaugh Mocks Recession During Speech To Wealthy Right-Wing Donors

Didnt see this posted any where on here, just wanted to show people what the rich republicans think of you,
You really need to twist and contort things to come with your conclusions.

What Limbaugh was saying, was go on about your lives, be successful in what you do, improvise, adapt and overcome, and do not become a victim of the doom and gloom talk, by changing your day-to-day business practices. Do not give up and climb on board wagon of despair, keep pushing the wagon. The point is, do not participate in failure and hopelessness, keep trying your best to succeed, don't give in to failure as an option. If you listen to his show, you would have known this already. Yes, i have listened to his show, and I'm sure most of his audience did too.

Old 05-07-2009, 03:43 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,725,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpyne View Post
After more or less reprising his radio show routine, Limbaugh went on to brag about his $400 million contract with Clear Channel Communications. As he continued to gloat about his show’s success, Limbaugh mocked the idea that Americans are suffering, noting, “I’ve never had financially a down year” despite the “supposed” recession:
LIMBAUGH: But during all this growth I haven’t lost any audience. I’ve never had financially a down year. There’s supposedly a recession, but we’ve got - what is this May? Back in February we already had 102% of 2008 overbooked for 2009. [applause] So I always believed that if we’re going to have a recession, just don’t participate.

Think Progress » EXCLUSIVE AUDIO: Limbaugh Mocks Recession During Speech To Wealthy Right-Wing Donors

Didnt see this posted any where on here, just wanted to show people what the rich republicans think of you,
So not true...........

Old 05-07-2009, 03:49 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uber_bwnage View Post
Wow, just like when Obama mocked the middle class during a speech in Hollywood...
Oh how small our memories get lefty fascists.
Link?

Old 05-07-2009, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
So not true...........
Yeah, Rush wouldnt say anything to hurt your feelings. Why would he laugh about staunch Republicans losing their jobs? You've all been such good guard doggies. You're the means by which he makes his $400M. This so-called recession just means that the bottom of the angry-RW-radio-listener pyramid is only growing wider and thicker. Hey, just like Rush!

Old 05-08-2009, 07:07 AM

37,963 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Link?
Here is is his quote, you can do a little work and find many links on your own, unless 0bama put something in the stimulous to find links for you.

"You go into these small towns in Pennsylvania and, like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing's replaced them," he said. And it's not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

Old 05-08-2009, 07:10 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,969,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Amazing that a nazi can make that much money in America, or anywhere in the world for that matter, Limbaugh should be standing in front of a firing squad imo.
Condoning the death of someone for their words: a great platform of liberal tolerance.

Actually, you also sound like Savage. Perhaps you should be banned from entering the UK?

nah, we'll just monitor you

Old 05-08-2009, 07:13 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,514,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Amazing that a nazi can make that much money in America, or anywhere in the world for that matter, Limbaugh should be standing in front of a firing squad imo.
That nazi makes a lot of money.....but its his money. The head nazi in DC spends 20 times as much and its not even his money.

Old 05-08-2009, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Here is is his quote, you can do a little work and find many links on your own, unless 0bama put something in the stimulous to find links for you.

"You go into these small towns in Pennsylvania and, like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing's replaced them," he said. And it's not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."
I beg your pardon. I go to great lengths and use a lot of time looking up and citing quotes at this forum. The poster's reference was so vague and obscure that it gave no clue to the quote. As for the quote itself, I see you're one of those who still prefers to misinterpret it. I dont know why you all do, I suppose to deny the truth of it even as you act it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies