Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 01:53 PM

640 posts, read 1,732,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
And when a woman is raped. It must be her fault. Because that's the only way a statement like "abortion is nothing but a ploy to absolve [herself] of personal responsibility" could apply to her deciding to abort her rapist's child.

Is that really your position?
Yes and just how many women who get abortions have been raped?

Can I see actual data from a non biased source? Anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2009, 01:55 PM

238 posts, read 305,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
abortion is murder is an opinion and debateable. no one likes abortion. it is legal should remain so and the why and when between a woman and her doctor. it is not my business or your's or societies.

if we taxed churches not only could we pay for subsidized foster care but feed the poor and pay for a lot of needed health care for the elderly... just a idea
Why do you *******s insist on taxing everything?

Old 05-07-2009, 01:55 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,328,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
In a free society, people have the right to be "trash and common place trash."
Indeed. So many have chosen to exercise this right that we are awash in vulgarity and evil.

Old 05-07-2009, 01:56 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,043,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueseas123 View Post

And how is that relevant at all? Just wondering.

In any case, responsible, irresponsible, selfish, nto selfish, I really don't care. To me, an unborn fetus does not weigh more than the already existing life, and therefore if the carrier of the fetus wants to expel it, the carrier has every right to do so.

No matter what the reason.

Old 05-07-2009, 01:57 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueseas123 View Post

Why does it matter how many?

Isn't pro-life based on principles?

Is it your principle that a woman who is raped should have to carry the pregnancy to term and give birth to the child of a man who brutally violated her?

Old 05-07-2009, 01:57 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,043,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riceharvester View Post
Why do you *******s insist on taxing everything?
More taxes=better quality of life?

Just sayin'.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:00 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riceharvester View Post
I know abortion has been beat to death, but these two stories make me sick,

A girl my gf partied with got knocked up. She planned on getting an abortion so she kept doing drugs and partying. Apparently she never got around to getting the abortion so now the baby has serious defects. How is this not a crime?

A 15 yo girl loved her BF so much, she got pregnant with his kid. Her parents made her get an abortion. Afterwards she goes right back and gets knocked up again. WTF

I think abortion should be illegal. People think it is the fix that allows them to be irresponsible.
However, the people in the above stories just seem to be trash and common place trash.
yes, it has been beaten to death.

You think abortion should be illegal because of a few stupid people? In your first example, the woman didn't even have an abortion, so how does that example even apply to the case you are trying to make?

Old 05-07-2009, 02:02 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
And when a woman is raped. It must be her fault. Because that's the only way a statement like "abortion is nothing but a ploy to absolve [herself] of personal responsibility" could apply to her deciding to abort her rapist's child.

Is that really your position?
I have also consistently asserted on this forum that in cases of rape, incest, or great harm to the mother, there should be a more compassionate approach, and abortion could be considered a viable option.

What I am NOT an advocate for are people who continue to use abortion as a way to get out dealing with the consequences of their actions. You know pregnancy is a possibility anytime you engage in sex. Step up to the plate and be accountable for your actions. Why the principle of personal responsibility goes over the heads of pro-abortionists is beyond me.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:03 PM

238 posts, read 305,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
yes, it has been beaten to death.

You think abortion should be illegal because of a few stupid people? In your first example, the woman didn't even have an abortion, so how does that example even apply to the case you are trying to make?
Let me break this down for the simple-minded among us. If abortion hadn't been an option, maybe she wouldn't have assumed it would be her out.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:04 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
Abortions are legal.

They are not mandatory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies