Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 05:13 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,349,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelot05 View Post
Alot of people are against Homosexuality for reasons other than religion.
Which reasons are those?
Hate?
Homophobia?
Ignorance?

Seriously, which other reasons that aren't based in ancient superstitions for primitive pilgrims do you have?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2009, 05:14 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,967,215 times
Why does it have to be brought up at all? I thought school was about passing math, english, science, learning to read and write--since when does a person's sexuality have to come into it. It's not the same thing as diversity in the workplace. Lawsuits occur from workplace harassment, not in schools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
You sound hysterical. I think rational people agree that it's a good thing to teach kids that gay people exist, and that it's wrong to harass them or make fun of them. That's the bottom line.

As others have said, if he doesn't like the program, he can find a different job. Most large companies include some type of education about diversity in the workplace. This is basically the same thing.

Old 05-07-2009, 05:15 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Quote:
How is it a "homosexual front"?
The owner of that site is Chris Harper.

After performing a domain name search I was able to find information on him including posts he has made on a libertarian website which go back to 2006.

On the thread he discusses homosexuality and also discusses other things with posters including the "satirical" website Landover Baptist.

Quote:
The other argument is - We are part of nature, therefore anything we do is 'natural'. On this basis the Petronas Towers are no less natural than a bird nest or a beaver dam. And two blokes shagging one another silly is just as natural as two lady chimps going in for a bit of girl on girl action in front of the outing from the local convent school.

Posted by Chris Harper at August 24, 2006 02:41 AM
http://www.samizdata.net/blog/archiv...age_postm.html

It's not a secret that activist homosexuals covertly work to upset religious values and standards.

This is part of the activist homosexual agenda.

Chris Harper is one of them.

The content on Landover Baptist is about 70% gay issue oriented.

Additionally: His PARTNER Mike Allen writes about homosexual issues.

Last edited by LuckyGem; 05-07-2009 at 05:28 PM..

Old 05-07-2009, 05:22 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,967,215 times
Well now isn't this just priceless. Insulting someone because they don't walk your walk? Welcome to the world of rejection. You think gays are the only type of people who get rejected? You should see what the world does to impaired people. Whine on brother, whine on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
Which reasons are those?
Hate?
Homophobia?
Ignorance?

Seriously, which other reasons that aren't based in ancient superstitions for primitive pilgrims do you have?

Old 05-07-2009, 05:22 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
I don't buy that natural thing anymore than i do that child molesters are natural.

Old 05-07-2009, 05:26 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
Why does it have to be brought up at all?
Because gay people exist in the world, and some of those kids will turn out to be gay. It's important to let them know that they don't need to feel ashamed of who they are.

Quote:
I thought school was about passing math, english, science, learning to read and write--since when does a person's sexuality have to come into it.
Sexuality doesn't have to come into it in any graphic way. Acknowledging that there are same-sex couples in the world, some of whom have children at these very schools, does not equate to teaching sex.

Quote:
It's not the same thing as diversity in the workplace.
It's quite similar, but I'd say it's even more important than diversity training in the workplace. If anyone needs to be taught about diversity and tolerance for different types of people, it's kids.

Are you okay with kids using anti-gay slurs in school? If not, then you need to tell them why it's not a nice thing to do.

I don't know why anyone would want to keep kids ignorant.

Old 05-07-2009, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
The owner of that site is Chris Harper.

After performing a domain name search I was able to find information on him including posts he has made on a libertarian website which go back to 2006.

On the thread he discusses homosexuality and also discusses other things with posters including the "satirical" website Landover Baptist.

Late-stage postmodernism | Samizdata.net

It's not a secret that activist homosexuals covertly work to upset religious values and standards.

This is part of the activist homosexual agenda.

Chris Harper is one of them.

The content on Landover Baptist is about 70% gay issue oriented.

Additionally: His PARTNER Mark Allen writes about homosexual issues.
So assuming that he is gay, you're saying that whatever he says about homosexuality is not worth listening to? I bet you'd also say that if a heterosexual has positive things to say about gays, then he's not worth listening to either. Am I right?

My guess is that you only want to listen to people with your views - views that, as you know, have been rejected by every major medical and psychological association in the modern world.

Old 05-07-2009, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
You think gays are the only type of people who get rejected? You should see what the world does to impaired people.
And that's why it's important to teach kids that there are many different types of people in the world, and that just because someone is different doesn't mean he or she deserves to be harassed.

Old 05-07-2009, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I don't buy that natural thing anymore than i do that child molesters are natural.
Fine. Stay in the dark. You have a right to remain ignorant. The rest of society is moving on.

Old 05-07-2009, 05:39 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,959,677 times
Quote:
You sound hysterical. I think rational people agree that it's a good thing to teach kids that gay people exist, and that it's wrong to harass them or make fun of them. That's the bottom line.

As others have said, if he doesn't like the program, he can find a different job. Most large companies include some type of education about diversity in the workplace. This is basically the same thing.
No actually the hysterical ones are the ones that want us to question heterosexuality as "normal"
the people like you who try to spin the issues I pointed out.

Nowhere did I state it's acceptable to make fun or harass people, did you misread something??? I think not, just an attempt to spin!!

So respond to what I did post.

You all (homosexuals) now want us (heterosexuals) to question if we are "normal" because we are heterosexual!!!

The article clearly stated the purpose of the training was to push the homosexual agenda, not the issue of bullying or inclusiveness.

If people don't accept homosexuality as normal they have "issues"!!!!...riiiight.

But again address the points I made, don't sidestep the issue.

You people want inclusiveness at the price of silencing anyone's right to disagree with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies