Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 08:12 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
My word! Aren't you a nosey mofo? It's interesting that it's always conservatives or republicans not on welfare that tend to pay attention to what the person in front of them are purchasing and what they use. When I'm in line, I don't look to see what the person in front had and how they will pay for it. I guess I'm not a nosey bee like some of you here. I'm too concerned with placing my groceries on the counter so I can hurry and get home.

Did you follow the woman out the store to find out if she got in a cadillac?

Hard working taxpayers have every right to know how their hard earned money is being used.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2009, 08:13 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I don't think poor people need pot or lottery tickets. Pot just makes them lazier and lottery tickets is just more of that thinking that wealth should come without work.

I'd give them free meth because maybe they need some energy to want to get up off the sofa and turn off the television and do something, maybe rake leaves, clean houses.
Maybe both would be better.

YouTube - THE ROLLING STONES - "MOTHERS LITTLE HELPER"

Old 05-07-2009, 08:16 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
simple solution: food stamps (or their like) can only be used to purchase fresh fruit, veggies, meat, fish, poultry, dairy, dried beans, rice, fruit juices, spices, baking from scratch items,cookware, and cookbooks. NO: frozen dinners, cans, ice cream, processed foods, etc etc. you get the idea.

This will teach the recipient responsibility and planning ahead and develop their self esteem.

plus it will help our family farmers
That's a good idea. Welfare recipients tend to be uneducated, on the lower end of the IQ scale, pregnant and have little ability to choose nutritious foods.

It's wrong to let them have at it in the grocery store because like little kids, they'll fill their carts with cookies, ice creams, soft drinks. They don't know how to comparison shop since they weren't exactly the over-achievers in school. They can't figure out that a bag of potato chips is a bag of unhealthy empty calories and that they can get a ten pound bag of wholesome fresh potatoes that provide nutrition.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:46 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,453,455 times
Quote:
My word! Aren't you a nosey mofo? It's interesting that it's always conservatives or republicans not on welfare that tend to pay attention to what the person in front of them are purchasing and what they use. When I'm in line, I don't look to see what the person in front had and how they will pay for it. I guess I'm not a nosey bee like some of you here. I'm too concerned with placing my groceries on the counter so I can hurry and get home.

I'm not nosy. The woman was RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. I couldn't help but notice. And of course it pisses me off.

A small group of people shouldn't be supported by the rest of us. I'm fine with helping them through tough times with BARE NECESSITIES but not chips, sodas, cookies, candy, CIGARETTES, lotto tickets. NO!

Old 05-07-2009, 09:11 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I'm not nosy. The woman was RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. I couldn't help but notice. And of course it pisses me off.

A small group of people shouldn't be supported by the rest of us. I'm fine with helping them through tough times with BARE NECESSITIES but not chips, sodas, cookies, candy, CIGARETTES, lotto tickets. NO!
Well, keep watching. If it helps you sleep at night, knock yourself out!

Old 05-07-2009, 09:13 PM

3,325 posts, read 1,959,833 times
Default OH Wait... I get it now!

Quote:

Your'e one of the food stampers, huh? SILLY ME

Old 05-07-2009, 09:15 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
Your'e one of the food stampers, huh? SILLY ME
No. But keep trying.

Old 05-07-2009, 09:43 PM

3,325 posts, read 1,959,833 times
Default ok how's this?

Quote:
No. But keep trying.
you're a DITZY 24 year old who is back-pedaling aloofly

there there now, just put me on "ignore" before I go to the mattresses

Old 05-07-2009, 09:53 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Sounds like a great idea.

Maybe we need to return to that kind of a system
Only, it would devastate the economy.

Preparing, cooking and eating basic foods deprive all of the middlemen-businesses of their enterprise.

Cheetos

Ding Dongs

Hamburger Helper.

Happy Meals

The list is very long - and it IS the American economy.

Fat people are the most patriotic - show some respect.

Old 05-07-2009, 10:07 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,453,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Only, it would devastate the economy.

Preparing, cooking and eating basic foods deprive all of the middlemen-businesses of their enterprise.

Cheetos

Ding Dongs

Hamburger Helper.

Happy Meals

The list is very long - and it IS the American economy.

Fat people are the most patriotic - show some respect.
I suppose you are (sadly) right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies