Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 10:47 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,677,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongHornGuy86 View Post
Are whites more intelligent than blacks?
I'd say no. Here in Omaha we have a lot of immigrants from the Sudan. And overall I'd say they are among some of the more educated and successful people I've met.

Perhaps a better question would be why can an immigrant from the Sudan come here with nothing and become extremely successful in a very short time, while many Americans in our minority communities live in poverty for generations?

Old 08-04-2007, 10:56 PM

562 posts, read 660,145 times
Quote:
I know. I'm just tired of not seeing more intelligent blacks like me represented in mainstream society. I don't know what's wrong with the picture, but for this to be 2007, and for blacks to still be in the situation they are is unfortunate.
The problem exists as I have said before, in the black community. As long as blacks continue to promote uneducated gangster trash on television for young blacks to emulate, they will have a problem with their youth growing up the way they are today for the most part. Some have escaped this phenomenon, such as yourself evidently, and have gone on to a better life.

Old 08-04-2007, 11:37 PM

1,605 posts, read 3,917,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrey View Post
The problem exists as I have said before, in the black community. As long as blacks continue to promote uneducated gangster trash on television for young blacks to emulate, they will have a problem with their youth growing up the way they are today for the most part. Some have escaped this phenomenon, such as yourself evidently, and have gone on to a better life.
In addition, the blacks who are trying to make something of themselves, or already have, are usually end up being treated worse by their own race than murderers. It seems that the run-of-the-mill black community would always moan and b*tch about being assaulted by "the man" and as for the girls, not having no good men available. However, when it comes to the presence of an intellectual black person, the same damn community will scoff him for not being black enough and in the black females' case, not being tough or gangster enough! This is the MAIN reason why many intelligent and affluent blacks rightfully defect from the so-called community.

As far as I'm concerned, when it's all said and done, whether the predominant black community lifts itself out of this gangster mess or falls into a fate worse than slavery, these pric*s will owe affluent and intellectual blacks an apology bigger than that of the apology for slavery!

Old 08-05-2007, 12:22 AM

382 posts, read 954,343 times
Default Black leadership

I think the black leadership you hear, see and read about in the mainstream press are contributing to the general road block to success for blacks in America. The blacks who have attained success in America are a minority within a minority and are villified for that sucess as sell outs to whitey. I believe that until there are enough successful black people in America and until they start to raise their voices from new leadership to counteract the voices of racism, entitlement and reparation that nothing will change. I think more blacks need to know about and listen to Dr. Walter E. Williams, Wally Amos, Thomas Sowell, just to name a few. These men and their stories will truly inspire you no matter what race you are or your position in life. They are great successful black Americans who have all faced and triumphed over the hardships on the road to success.

Old 08-05-2007, 12:39 AM

164 posts, read 463,813 times
Quote:
Do not tell me it has to do with lack of education, unfair practices, or historical events because even in Haiti (the only black run country outside of those in Africa)...
Not quite.
Quote:
...and many central/South American countries, including Mexico, these same phenomena are observable.
Most Latin American countries are white-ruled.

And don't "lack of education, unfair practices, [and] historical events" majorly influence every country? Why wouldn't they be relevant here?

Old 08-05-2007, 02:15 AM

1,463 posts, read 6,221,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expgc View Post
I think the black leadership you hear, see and read about in the mainstream press are contributing to the general road block to success for blacks in America. The blacks who have attained success in America are a minority within a minority and are villified for that sucess as sell outs to whitey. I believe that until there are enough successful black people in America and until they start to raise their voices from new leadership to counteract the voices of racism, entitlement and reparation that nothing will change. I think more blacks need to know about and listen to Dr. Walter E. Williams, Wally Amos, Thomas Sowell, just to name a few. These men and their stories will truly inspire you no matter what race you are or your position in life. They are great successful black Americans who have all faced and triumphed over the hardships on the road to success.
What?????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????

Newsflash: Their is no such thing as black leadership. The only leadership I know of is mom, dad, and family. Get mad at the media for running to these guys and proclaiming them as black leadership.

I wonder if some of you live in caves because I see a ton of AA doing well professionally either doing the corporate, professional thing or starting their own business. The real culprit is mainstream media insistence on making rap music the reason SOME blacks fail and generalize that image to mean everybody. WE suffer because white folks continue to hide out in the suburbs and never intermingle otherwise they would know better than to spew such ignorance.

It ain't about color its about wealth and education. As long as we spend a trillion dollars on people who kill our soldiers and don't want us their instead of rebuilding schools, updating the education process, paying teachers more and holding them accountable, and following a corporate education model instead of creative-entrepreneurship/ownership model people will fall to crime and poverty.

Old 08-05-2007, 02:44 AM

6,712 posts, read 13,460,010 times
Personally, I'd like to see a stat correlating the number of fatherless homes to the amount of convictions in the black community. There HAS to be a father figure and all too often gang leaders, drug dealers, and the typical "wrong crowds" become those father figures because there's no one else to look to. I bet if you check a statistic on the number of black inmates in jail you'll find an overwhelming majority of them come from single parent households where typically the mother raised the children. It's not that women are bad parents it's that it takes two to tango.

Old 08-05-2007, 02:53 AM

6,712 posts, read 13,460,010 times
OK here's some interesting stats:

Demographics:
Women were 12% of the local jail inmates in 2002, up from 10% in 1996.
Jail inmates were older on average in 2002 than 1996: 38% were age 35 or older, up from 32% in 1996.
More than 6 in 10 persons in local jails in 2002 were racial or ethnic minorities, unchanged from 1996.
An estimated 40% were black; 19%, Hispanic, 1% American Indian; 1% Asian; and 3% of more than one race/ethnicity

Family background
Thirty-one percent of jail inmates had grown up with a parent or guardian who abused alcohol or drugs
About 12 percent had lived in a foster home or institution.
Forty-six percent had a family member who had been incarcerated.
More than 50% of the women in jail said they had been physically or sexually abused in the past, compared to more than 10% of the men.

I think the last stat speaks volumes for the importance of good family values whether white, black, latino, chinese, or purple

Old 08-05-2007, 07:15 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,233,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YapCity View Post
I haven't seen very many accomplished WHITE Americans lately either, lol. See the Bill & Rosie thread.

I keep hearing that celebrity/athlete argument, but in all fairness, I think that problem transcends racial barriers.

Our priorities are out of whack in this country.

There is a REASON why P Diddy has more respect than Colin Powell. They're both black, but one appeals to society much more than the other.
There is also a reason why someone like Rosie ODonnell can get more respect than John Seffrin. (For all of you that don't know, that's the CEO of the American Cancer Society. Who cares, right?)

Nope, if you look around the problem is MUCH WORSE than a race issue.
Unfortunately it's MUCH bigger than that.

~T
Exactly. Had Jay-Z said the exact same words that Bill Cosby said, everyone would have been eating it up.

Old 08-05-2007, 08:30 AM

692 posts, read 1,732,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
There has been a number of studies about the average IQ of people who come from various groups. Have you heard about the book, "the bell curve"? People who come from Africa tend to have a lower IQ than Whites and Asians. The result is causing a crisis in the Black community.

While there are many smart people who trace their ethnic background to Africa and the Indian cultures in Latin America, in general many experts say that a lower IQ will make their people suffer.

Add in a culture that does not reward education, and encourages single parents and children born to teenagers, and there are problems.
I thought almost everyone had dismissed this garbage.When people start to believe that any race, ethnicity, gender, or culture is inferior to them, it's easy to dismiss them. They start to look for signs of the inferiority.

The Return of Determinism? (http://www.rso.cornell.edu/scitech/archive/95sum/bell.html - broken link)

James White Debunks TBC
American Stupidity

Charles Murray
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies