Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 06:03 AM

69,368 posts, read 63,814,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Shocking!
I didnt see you list any either, trust me, that isnt shocking..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2009, 10:06 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,120,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
So we have had the civil war, slavery, the slaughter of native Americans, the first world war, not allowing women or people of color to vote, the depression, the days of the KKK, the 2nd world war, holding Japanese Americans in concentration camps, the Korean war, the Viet Nam war, the Nixon debacle, 9/11, the Bush years, the Iraq war, the Afghanastan war, etc. etc. etc. but you actually think that these past 100 days have been the darkest in U.S. history???????? Wow. What color is the sky in your world?
How much of the video did you watch? You should try it so you could see the reason for the title.

Old 05-08-2009, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I was able to watch it but quit after a few minutes becuae it is distorted fear mongering BS. I am sure if someone wanted to watch the whole load of BS they could dispute the entire thing. people who buy into this type of hype, truly believe it makes me worry for their sanity.
And which part of it can you refute as being untrue? Surely there is something like that among all those things.

Old 05-08-2009, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Normal lib action. Lots of smoke but very little fire. I was pretty sure this thing would get exactly the reactions it has received. I did learn that one poster is worried about my sanity, so I know that one saw very little of the video.

It is always an interesting experiment to watch them react.

Old 05-08-2009, 10:28 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,505,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Does this video have one thing in it that can be refuted by libs and other Dems? I couldn't find it.

YouTube - 100 Days of Change for the Family
100 darkest days in the history of the U.S.? Could you BE more dramatic? Here's your Tony award, congrats!

Old 05-08-2009, 10:33 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,823,834 times
just because we elected a total idiot to be president, doesn't mean that it's any worse than it was yesterday. we should be used to having idiots in the white house.

Old 05-08-2009, 10:35 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,404,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

Several things here, pg...

1st thing: I didn't start the tread

2nd thing: I wasn't addressing you

3rd thing: Where's your list, big boy?

4th thing: You Obama-bashers are looking increasingly desperate. But your squirming is amusing. As is your amateurish trolling.

5th thing: I can't recall the 5th thing...

Old 05-08-2009, 10:36 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,583,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
So we have had the civil war, slavery, the slaughter of native Americans, the first world war, not allowing women or people of color to vote, the depression, the days of the KKK, the 2nd world war, holding Japanese Americans in concentration camps, the Korean war, the Viet Nam war, the Nixon debacle, 9/11, the Bush years, the Iraq war, the Afghanastan war, etc. etc. etc. but you actually think that these past 100 days have been the darkest in U.S. history???????? Wow. What color is the sky in your world?
You forgot the Cuban Missile Crisis

Old 05-08-2009, 10:50 AM

439 posts, read 614,848 times
One Idiot leaves the white house another one comes in. Nothing new.

Old 05-08-2009, 11:05 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,117,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Normal lib action. Lots of smoke but very little fire. I was pretty sure this thing would get exactly the reactions it has received. I did learn that one poster is worried about my sanity, so I know that one saw very little of the video.

It is always an interesting experiment to watch them react.
You gave away your intention at the very end. You didn't do anything here to start a discussion. You just wanted a reaction. You want to argue with people you don't know so you can feel better about yourself and hurt others. You use labels to categorize people into groups you despise without even once bothering to clarify whether those people actually belong to those groups. You didn't create this video, you simply saw it and wanted convert others into your mindset, which, as others offered here, is rather lacking.

Anyone can find fault with a leader, they are, after all, humans (I think!). If that's all you are willing to see with Obama, then a) go see an optometrist, b) go take a course in critical thinking, and then c) get off your high horse and do better. Making complaints to amuse yourself and abuse others only pushes your argument into irrelevance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies