Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 05:03 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,358,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicos Dad View Post
What do they have to be upset about? They have job stability as well as a taxpayer funded pension. The rest of us have to save for our own retirement and then pay for theirs as well. They should have smiles on their faces a mile wide. I went to FedEx and the Post Office this morning to ship items. The difference was between night and day. At Fed Ex the employees were very cordial and considerate. I go to the Post Office and they always seem mad at the world. Attitude deluxe. If I ever treated customers like that at my job Id be [MOD CUT/language] canned in a week.
Maybe it's you, people at the 2 local POs I've dealt with the past 10 years have been friendly, helpful, and have gone out of their way to provide good service

Old 09-25-2009, 05:15 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,687,790 times
Want to experience lazy government employees? Check out the VA. There are some good civil service employees but my experience with the VA has says that they are overwhelmed with a lazy group of bums. Oh yea, they will tell you, "thank you for your service" and never get out of their chair to help. Many act like they are doing the vet a favor simply by doing their job. Screw ups are a normal operating procedure because most are lazy or inept to do what they are suppose to do. I truly feel sorry for our young servicemen and women who are forced to put up with this type of neglect.
I think all public employes should have a badge with their name and a number. They should all be listed on a database with a rating system that is accessible via the internet. The public pays them so why not let the public rate them and fire the bad apples.

Old 09-25-2009, 05:22 AM

245 posts, read 447,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
Idiotic post. MOST govt workers? You get that by dealing with the Post Office? You know how many more positions there are than Postal Workers?

Now this is an "Idiotic post...". You must be one of the many lazy and contrary government workers out there.

Old 09-25-2009, 05:22 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,761,940 times
The only problem I have ever had with public employees has been with small town cops stopping me for a "profile" offense. Usual comment is my license place lights were out or too dim. Our local postal people are warm and friendly.

Government workers are just like any other group of employees; 10% are exemplary, 80% do their jobs and 10% are goofing off.

Old 09-25-2009, 05:23 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,358,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
Want to experience lazy government employees? Check out the VA. There are some good civil service employees but my experience with the VA has says that they are overwhelmed with a lazy group of bums. Oh yea, they will tell you, "thank you for your service" and never get out of their chair to help. Many act like they are doing the vet a favor simply by doing their job. Screw ups are a normal operating procedure because most are lazy or inept to do what they are suppose to do. I truly feel sorry for our young servicemen and women who are forced to put up with this type of neglect.
I think all public employes should have a badge with their name and a number. They should all be listed on a database with a rating system that is accessible via the internet. The public pays them so why not let the public rate them and fire the bad apples.

This seems a highly local situation, I have a friend who's an outpatient of a VA hospital in PA and he couldn't be more pleased with the service he receives.

Old 10-14-2009, 02:26 PM

2 posts, read 23,312 times
Question why are government workers so rude and lazy

i am on public assistance and my case worker is really rude for no reason im always on time she is just really disrespectful

Old 10-14-2009, 02:28 PM

2 posts, read 23,312 times
they feel like theyer doing you a favor so

Old 10-14-2009, 02:57 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,899,491 times
Many government jobs are monotonous, and they take place in the most toxic offices imaginable. Ugly lighting, piles of endless paperwork, rules, restrictions, and stress. Bad air. Same old crap every day like robots. I find the DMV worst of all in my experience. They act like they think you are out to pull a fast one. And I don't even drive. I just went for an ID card. They get jaded. We become just numbers to some of them, and they love sticking fees to everyone. Bureaucrat$$$.

Old 10-14-2009, 03:00 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,035,296 times
Yeah, I know how everybody feels all those lazy cops, paramedics, firefighters, soldiers, sailors, sewer workers, folks who day in day out keep public services following, some of whom actually risk their lives for you and me. Just a bunch of overpaid slackers!

Old 10-14-2009, 03:04 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,525,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicos Dad View Post
What do they have to be upset about? They have job stability as well as a taxpayer funded pension. The rest of us have to save for our own retirement and then pay for theirs as well. They should have smiles on their faces a mile wide. I went to FedEx and the Post Office this morning to ship items. The difference was between night and day. At Fed Ex the employees were very cordial and considerate. I go to the Post Office and they always seem mad at the world. Attitude deluxe. If I ever treated customers like that at my job Id be [MOD CUT/language] canned in a week.
Why do MOST government workers have a bad attitude and high degree of laziness?

So, do you have anything more than a single incident to base your sweeping accusation on?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.