Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 05:09 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
What??? LOL, no I am not a home owner. I wish. I'm talking about credit cards.
Ok, you were late on your credit card bill, and dont expect the credit card companies to be compensated?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2009, 05:17 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Ok, you were late on your credit card bill, and dont expect the credit card companies to be compensated?
Apparently you're not understanding where I'm coming from. Obviously everyone pays interest on a credit card, right? Right, that issue I do not have a problem with, my issue is that even being late, even paying very high late fees or overlimit fees, even having that credit card for years & being w/that credit card company for years & paying OVER my minimum payment for years, they almost to the "T" doubled my interest rate. How do you equate that w/not compensating the credit card company?

Old 05-08-2009, 05:39 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,284,458 times
Quote:
Apparently you're not understanding where I'm coming from. Obviously everyone pays interest on a credit card, right? Right, that issue I do not have a problem with, my issue is that even being late, even paying very high late fees or overlimit fees, even having that credit card for years & being w/that credit card company for years & paying OVER my minimum payment for years, they almost to the "T" doubled my interest rate. How do you equate that w/not compensating the credit card company?
Not only that, I understand that some of the credit card companies are now doubling your rate if you are late on another bill. Even if that bill is a utility bill.

Old 05-08-2009, 05:44 PM

413 posts, read 1,368,701 times
Karfar I know how you feel. I was unemployed for over a year and finally got a job. I contacted my creditors and let them know what was going on. A credit card company I was with for years got me on a program where I would make automatic payments with no interest charged. I did it and when I was finally working again I even sent in extra. They sent me a letter congratulating me on completing the program and not falling behind again. They also said I was back in good standing etc. My bill had on it that I had room on the card. I made a small purchase online and it wouldn't go through. I called the credit card company to see what was wrong. They said the problem was some official of the company was going through lists of customers and if they didn't earn enough salary their cards would be canceled.

I have been with the company for years and never received anything stating this was happening to my account. Thank God I wasn't trying to use it during an emergency. At my new job I am making less than the previous but shouldn't they have notified me of this change.

Old 05-08-2009, 05:45 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiwos View Post
Irrelevant and probably a lie issued from some GOP boiler room anyway. She says that with Obama she won't have to worry about paying for gas and the mortgage. That's true even for those who are responsible with money. With Bush, we worried as he ruined the country and the economy. We still have to worry as Obama fixes the mess, but at least there's reason to be optimistic, and that's what she's expressing.

Classic Obama apologist

Old 05-08-2009, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Not only that, I understand that some of the credit card companies are now doubling your rate if you are late on another bill. Even if that bill is a utility bill.
Seriously? I have not heard that, wow that's nuts.

Old 05-08-2009, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiWrites View Post
Karfar I know how you feel. I was unemployed for over a year and finally got a job. I contacted my creditors and let them know what was going on. A credit card company I was with for years got me on a program where I would make automatic payments with no interest charged. I did it and when I was finally working again I even sent in extra. They sent me a letter congratulating me on completing the program and not falling behind again. They also said I was back in good standing etc. My bill had on it that I had room on the card. I made a small purchase online and it wouldn't go through. I called the credit card company to see what was wrong. They said the problem was some official of the company was going through lists of customers and if they didn't earn enough salary their cards would be canceled.

I have been with the company for years and never received anything stating this was happening to my account. Thank God I wasn't trying to use it during an emergency. At my new job I am making less than the previous but shouldn't they have notified me of this change.
That sucks. They should've told you, but you know what? I bet they did & it was in small print. Who actually reads the fine print all the time? I can bet that most of us do not. Congratulations on completing that program. I consolidated a bunch of bills including 3 credit cards three years ago & in July, I will FINALLY be done paying it off!!! WOOHOOO!!!! That means I'll be getting back $166. every month. Although, when I think about it, that $166. will be going right back into other bills, so I'll still be poor. It's a never-ending cycle.

Old 05-08-2009, 05:49 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
If one division of a business loses money, another division has to raise their prices to compensate.

Banks are no different.. Mortgage industry losses need to be made up by credit cards..

You simply have the choice to not use their services..

Old 05-08-2009, 06:04 PM

1,515 posts, read 3,332,506 times
I was going to call you when I saw the title of your post and say that "how other Americans spend their money is none of your business!"

But you are actually right, it is pathetic how we have moved to a Savior Based Economy.

It needs to end, Barack Obama claimed to be all about personal responsibility and liberty, but that seems to have gone out the door.

His formula seems like this:

If you are rich, you are responsible for yourself, and the poor
If you are poor, you are owed a full salary with benefits from those that worked hard to get ahead

Old 05-08-2009, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
If one division of a business loses money, another division has to raise their prices to compensate.

Banks are no different.. Mortgage industry losses need to be made up by credit cards..

You simply have the choice to not use their services..
I understand that I don't have to use their services, but in the meantime, I DO have to pay off my balance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies