Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2009, 10:54 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,475,124 times

Advertisements

Well, maybe not that part, though when my mom was in a nursing home, one of the aides complained to me that she would never "go in her bed", that she always insisted on being taken to the bathroom, even with a broken leg.

We don't really have any corroboration that patients in the UK were told that either. Isn't the Telegraph a sort of FOX News type of paper? And of course, the first group they blame is the nurses, natch!

Private companies in countries with UCH are in business to make money, too. It is not the machines that care for patients, it's people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2009, 11:05 PM

Here are some other nice things about nurses in this article:

dirty, drunken and sluttish nurses.

Families described some neglected patients at the hospital drinking water from flower vases because they were so thirsty -- it was apparently beyond the interest or the competence of the nursing staff or any supervisors to get them a glass of water -- and others screaming in pain.

Poorly-trained nurses turned off equipment because they did not know how to work it,

nurses shouting at patients, staff failing to treat patients with compassion or dignity and respect,

Old 05-09-2009, 11:06 PM

1,700 posts, read 3,418,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Well, maybe not that part, though when my mom was in a nursing home, one of the aides complained to me that she would never "go in her bed", that she always insisted on being taken to the bathroom, even with a broken leg.

We don't really have any corroboration that patients in the UK were told that either. Isn't the Telegraph a sort of FOX News type of paper? And of course, the first group they blame is the nurses, natch!

Private companies in countries with UCH are in business to make money, too. It is not the machines that care for patients, it's people.
It's been my experience that nurses are to blame for many things, Everytime I hear they get voted Most trustworthy I want to vomit. I can go on and on about it but I'll save if for another time.

And as far as the comment about the machines, the people operating them can be as compasionate as they like but if the tech is limited it doesn't do the pt any good.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc99 View Post
It's been my experience that nurses are to blame for many things, Everytime I hear they get voted Most trustworthy I want to vomit. I can go on and on about it but I'll save if for another time.

And as far as the comment about the machines, the people operating them can be as compasionate as they like but if the tech is limited it doesn't do the pt any good.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:09 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,209,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezequiel View Post
I hope you'll never get sick with cancer or any other deadly illness and then loose your health insurance coverage.
What I hope is that if I do contact cancer it is before we have government run health insurance, since I am 76 years old right now and am very sure that the bureaucrats will see sense in making me wait for care until all younger ones had been taken care of. I am sure that you don't think this goes on in countries where they have that kind of health care, but I hear too many stories about it actually going on not to believe it. Old people will soon die anyway so give them some pain killers and send them on their way.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
What I hope is that if I do contact cancer it is before we have government run health insurance, since I am 76 years old right now and am very sure that the bureaucrats will see sense in making me wait for care until all younger ones had been taken care of. I am sure that you don't think this goes on in countries where they have that kind of health care, but I hear too many stories about it actually going on not to believe it. Old people will soon die anyway so give them some pain killers and send them on their way.
You will be covered by Medicare, which is a government run program just for seniors. Medicare has no such policies.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:32 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,209,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You will be covered by Medicare, which is a government run program just for seniors. Medicare has no such policies.
I don't think we will find any of the present programs in existence once we get to socialized medicine. Besides that Medicare is paid for at rates that bureaucrats see as fair and that is where the whole system will be. Bureaucrats who have no real experience in health care at all, make the decisions.

Sociaized medicine is a place that few really want to go. The noise from Obama has been for universal health care which will eventually destroy the private insurance companies as more and more people who could pay decide to let the suckers who are still paying pay for theirs also with their taxes.

This is all a horrible movement toward government control which is socialized medicine. You aren't going to like it no matter how good it appears to be right now.

BTW I also use VA for some prescriptions. I wasn't in the Army a long time but as a vet I still qualify for that.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:38 PM

^^^I think everyone should do what is best for them.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:40 PM

39,031 posts, read 22,983,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
If memory serves, you were in the military and you have life long healthcare, I'm sure you will understand when I say that your opinion and others that have health care don't really matter.

Its those of us who do not have health care that have the problem and a more clear look at the problem.
I have health insurance through Cobra for only 18 more months. Unless I can obtain group coverage through my employer, I will have some serious challenges obtaining individual coverage due to "pre-existing" conditions. Having said that, I'm not for government-run healthcare as the thought of it frightens me. We DO need some serious reforms to our current defective system but the GOVERNMENT is not the answer. It is government meddling which has contributed greatly to where we are NOW with health care and it would only get worse.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:45 PM

It is not the governmnet who is telling insurance companies to refuse coverage for "pre-existing conditions".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies