Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who Would Feel Safe with Biden and Pelosi In Charge?
Sure, why not? They can't do worse than Obama. 6 24.00%
Will we get group discounts on Botox and Hair Plugs if we agree? 7 28.00%
I think they are would be great leaders. They will make it up as they go along. 2 8.00%
No way! I pray for Obama's safety every night. 10 40.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 12:10 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,879,299 times

Advertisements

Should be another choice..." NONE OF THE ABOVE INCLUDING OBAMA!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 12:10 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCreass View Post
....would they be the same "idiots" that voted for Dubya, twice?
Why would you ask a question like that? Surely you knew that the poster wasn't one of YOU.

Old 05-11-2009, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
Just ignore the thousands killed in terrorist attacks during Bush's reign. Just ignore the lack of competence in disaster management that led to thousands of deaths in New Orleans. Just ignore the lack of military planning that has led to 3,000+ deaths of servicemen. Just ignore the US Army Scientist sending Anthrax through the mail. Just ignore the fact that the largest terrorist attack in American history happened under Bush and he did nothing to stop it.

Seriously, are you delusional?

Inarguably secure? Tell that to the 10,000+ dead due to Bush's incompetence.
Your line about thousands of deaths in New Orleans caused by Bush's incompetence puts you way up there in that ****ing group of people who really aren't being seriously truthful about too much of this. Could any of you who think like that point out how Bush could have kept the levees from breaking? I didn't think so but you make up a good story. Before you say he should have done that before Katrina, make sure you remember that Clinton was there for 8 years prior to Bush.

Old 05-11-2009, 12:23 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,350,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Your line about thousands of deaths in New Orleans caused by Bush's incompetence puts you way up there in that ****ing group of people who really aren't being seriously truthful about too much of this. Could any of you who think like that point out how Bush could have kept the levees from breaking? I didn't think so but you make up a good story. Before you say he should have done that before Katrina, make sure you remember that Clinton was there for 8 years prior to Bush.
Um, yeah. As someone who LIVED IN NEW ORLEANS and who knew how much the city was pleading to the federal government to fix the levees before Katrina hit, I can blame Bush for how much of a disaster it was.

Plus, it's not about him allowing the hurricane to hit, but with his appointing of the MORON Mike Brown to head up FEMA and his lack of any kind of reaction to the devastation in New Orleans until it was far too late.

I don't get how ANYONE could support Bush in anything. Name one thing he did that wasn't a complete blunder. Even his Supreme Court nomination of Hariet Miers was a joke.

Old 05-11-2009, 12:26 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Um, yeah. As someone who LIVED IN NEW ORLEANS and who knew how much the city was pleading to the federal government to fix the levees before Katrina hit, I can blame Bush for how much of a disaster it was.

Plus, it's not about him allowing the hurricane to hit, but with his appointing of the MORON Mike Brown to head up FEMA and his lack of any kind of reaction to the devastation in New Orleans until it was far too late.

I don't get how ANYONE could support Bush in anything. Name one thing he did that wasn't a complete blunder. Even his Supreme Court nomination of Hariet Miers was a joke.
So Pelosi and Biden are your answers to everything-wonderful? I'd be embarrassed if I were you.

Old 05-11-2009, 12:53 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,350,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
So Pelosi and Biden are your answers to everything-wonderful? I'd be embarrassed if I were you.
When did I say that? I just said that there's no possible way we were "safe" under Bush when the FACTS prove otherwise. And I prefer Biden, with his decades of experience, his law degree and his actual knowledge of foreign affairs (not just seeing Russia from his house) to Palin. Anyone who claims Palin is in any way better than Biden (except in a bikini) is either delusional or simply a moron. Her intellect, her experience, her knowledge and her education are all inferior to Biden, no matter how much he sticks his foot in his mouth.

Seriously, you're so delusional. You blame everything on "liberals" when they have only been in power for 4 months. I blame it on the idiocy of the American people and their ignorance of politics. There was no reason that Bush should have been re-elected in 2004 after he had already proven to be a moron and a failure. But the idiots voted him back in (thanks in part to moronic planning by the Democratic party in choosing Kerry/Edwards as their ticket, the only possible combination that could lose in '04) and we're now paying the price for that foolishness.

Old 05-11-2009, 01:20 PM

Quote:

I love it when you of the left claim that Brown didn't do his job. After the hurricane struck he announced that all kinds of food and water were located in Baton Rouge but after the flood he had no way,other than air, to get all those supplies to the city.

Why is it that you folk never mention Nagin and his failure to institute the very fine evacuation plan he and his people had had approved by the Homeland Security people in the spring of 2004? I saw a copy of it and so many people could have been taken from the jaws of the storm and resulting flood if it had been followed. How about the pictures of the school buses standing in water and the words of Chocolate City Ray about how could they have been used to good advantage. Why, of course, if they had been used Saturday morning to get people out of the city before the storm struck they could have been used since the flood didn't come till Monday.

Keep howling about New Orleans since you are one of those who doesn't discuss the whole story. I don't guess you ever saw the story I told about that horrible wind machine that Bush and Cheney had positioned in the Gulf to blow up that storm. Why I was so nasty that I told dummies that they blew up Rita later and then loaned it to the Chinese so they could use it for the heavy windstorm they had that fall. Oh yeah, some of us really worry abut where they have that machine hidden now.

Old 05-11-2009, 01:22 PM

Quote:

How about approving the Surge in Iraq and standing firm against Congress, especially Senator Obama and Senator Reid who proclaimed Iraq lost before they failed to stop the Surge. Does that count as a point, or not?

Old 05-11-2009, 01:26 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
When did I say that? I just said that there's no possible way we were "safe" under Bush when the FACTS prove otherwise. And I prefer Biden, with his decades of experience, his law degree and his actual knowledge of foreign affairs (not just seeing Russia from his house) to Palin. Anyone who claims Palin is in any way better than Biden (except in a bikini) is either delusional or simply a moron. Her intellect, her experience, her knowledge and her education are all inferior to Biden, no matter how much he sticks his foot in his mouth.

Seriously, you're so delusional. You blame everything on "liberals" when they have only been in power for 4 months. I blame it on the idiocy of the American people and their ignorance of politics. There was no reason that Bush should have been re-elected in 2004 after he had already proven to be a moron and a failure. But the idiots voted him back in (thanks in part to moronic planning by the Democratic party in choosing Kerry/Edwards as their ticket, the only possible combination that could lose in '04) and we're now paying the price for that foolishness.
I definitely agree with you on Palin. As a conservative, I cringe at the thought of her creeping back into presidential politics. It would make me happy if she disappeared from the political spotlight. With that being said, it would also make me happy if the fine people of California saw Nancy Pelosi for what she is and sent her back to the netherland of obscurity when she's up for re-election.

As far as Biden is concerned, he's a smart guy (not sure i'd say "uber-smart" as was said earlier) but I have trouble believing that a guy who was elected at age 29 - and has remained in politics since that time - truly understands the middle class. Just like a celebrity, there comes a time when you cross the the glitz and glamour line and judgement is clouded by influence. I believe Biden is well past that - to the point where his middle-class roots are irrelevant. Security-wise, Biden may be OK in a decision-making moment if need-be, but certainly not my first choice for the job.

Old 05-11-2009, 05:38 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,146,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
Should be another choice..." NONE OF THE ABOVE INCLUDING OBAMA!"
The other choice should be anyone but a republican!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies