Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think?
No cold war; No civil war 12 24.00%
Yes cold war; no civil war 7 14.00%
Yes cold war; Yes civil war later in the future 2 4.00%
Yes cold war; Yes civil war is imminent, but not immediately 8 16.00%
Yes cold war; We are not far from having escalating fighting in public 7 14.00%
I will take up arms with the conservatives if I have to 7 14.00%
I will take up arms with the liberals if I have to 1 2.00%
I will move to a conservative friendly nation if it occurs 4 8.00%
I will move to a liberal friendly nation if it occurs 2 4.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 10:32 PM

11,581 posts, read 13,992,468 times

Advertisements

I will take up arms with the liberals if I have to

^^ What arms? hahaha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2009, 10:32 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,492,369 times
Threads like these are why I try to stay away from this particular forum. Believe it or not, it's a BIG country out there, and in comparison there are just a few argumentative people on city-data.

Old 05-08-2009, 10:33 PM

1,240 posts, read 2,246,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehenningsen View Post
The US is cracking everywhere..

Homes are split more and more over this issue..

I think it is something we all must consider.. Should we buy guns to protect ourselves in the speculation of a war?

Good lord, you people need to lighten up a bit. Take a walk around my neighborhood, and it's pretty much life as usual. Lefties get along with righties and vise versa. Nobody is really concerned that "The Man" is coming to strip us of every last right we have. If you are buying into it, good for you. And if you are, than yes, you should go out and buy as many "guns" as you can possibly afford. You will need them to "protect" yourself from whatever the hell it is that you think is coming to get you.

BOO!!!

Old 05-08-2009, 10:35 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,805,878 times
Quote:
In the end, you are going to take one side or the other...

And whichever side you choose, you are going to glorify you colleagues, and belittle the opposition..

So it isn't worth our team getting into the start of it, because we both know that when the war starts and you and I are opposite sides of the line, we are both going to have different interpretations..
I get it extremism or nothing.

Old 05-08-2009, 10:35 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,749,423 times
Quote:
It is possible, but quite rare that a country breaks up peacefully especially considering the fact that we are past the peaceful stages already.

This imminent war is going to be an inward war where people will have to migrate in order to establish a real boundary. Conservatives and liberals are beyond the peaceful stages, I am afraid.
I just wonder how it could be divided neatly. I doubt that it could. We've got strong Democratic territory on the West Coast, and then more Democratic territory in the Upper Midwest and stretching to the northeast.

The South could be one country, although Florida wouldn't fit in very well because it's such a mixed bag.

Old 05-08-2009, 10:36 PM

1,119 posts, read 4,209,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookieboy View Post
Good lord, you people need to lighten up a bit. Take a walk around my neighborhood, and it's pretty much life as usual. Lefties get along with righties and vise versa. Nobody is really concerned that "The Man" is coming to strip us of every last right we have. If you are buying into it, good for you. And if you are, than yes, you should go out and buy as many "guns" as you can possibly afford. You will need them to "protect" yourself from whatever the hell it is that you think is coming to get you.

BOO!!!
Well, sadly the propaganda of the media has been very directional with uprising of hate and intolerance of anything outside of our narrow-scope viewpoints..

Problem is that american's tolerance has grown very thin and you can hear it at parties, media, forums, work.. Everywhere..

Old 05-08-2009, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
I will take up arms with the liberals if I have to

^^ What arms? hahaha
The Pink Pistols clubs will protect us.

Old 05-08-2009, 10:38 PM

1,119 posts, read 4,209,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
I get it extremism or nothing.
Unfortunately that is how all civil wars start, and everybody has to take a side for protection.. And they will usually pick the side that provides the closest brotherhood..

Old 05-08-2009, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southlander View Post
Threads like these are why I try to stay away from this particular forum. Believe it or not, it's a BIG country out there, and in comparison there are just a few argumentative people on city-data.
Oh, but we're like a family here. One big dysfunctional family.

Old 05-08-2009, 10:41 PM

9,059 posts, read 13,003,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookieboy View Post

BOO!!!
Wow, you sound like a German citizen in 1932.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies