Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 01:40 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Depends on State Law
How about on Federal Facilities?

Could the State be dominate in that regard?

I guess it would depend on the contract the Feds have with the State.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2009, 01:53 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
How about on Federal Facilities?

Could the State be dominate in that regard?

I guess it would depend on the contract the Feds have with the State.
Depends on Federal Law and the facility.

If you are that interested (I'm not), why don't you check it out.

Old 05-10-2009, 02:13 PM

37,174 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Many states provide for property owners to take action, including use of deadly force, to stop trespassing. Now, the use of deadly force provisions are few and far between but, detaining trespassers and then having law enforcement take them away is quite common.
Don't the accused actually have to be trespassing on the property of the one using deadly force, or can they simply pick anyone anywhere at random to hold for the authorities?

Old 05-10-2009, 02:32 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
Default It's just good manners.

When I was 10 in Flint, Michigan, a new kid moved in on the block. He was from Tennessee. We were riding our bicycles down the sidewalk and he suddenly remembered he had to go home.

So he got off his bike and started walking up to the door of the house we were in front of.

I asked him what he was doing, and he said he was going to ask the owner for permission to turn his bicycle around in the owners driveway.

I told him he didn't need permission, you just do it.

Well, he didn't believe me, and went and asked permission. The owner was upset at being bothered.

That kid probably grew up to be a fine soldier.

The trouble with Northerners is that they just don't have enough respect for other people's property.

Old 05-10-2009, 03:34 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,959,280 times

Police robbing blacks and other minorities?
When? Where? Haven't heard that one yet, but I wouldn't be surprised as there are some cops who do not deserve to wear a badge. I doubt they only preyed on minorities. My white brother was arrested by a hispanic Dallas cop a few years back for a simple traffic violation where my brother upsettedly told the cop to hurry up if he was going to write a ticket. The cop proceeded to get him out of his care and book him, and told him on the way to jail that he would figure out what he was going to charge him with by the time they got there. Cost my brother $1500 total, we filed charges against the cop, and of course nothing happened. Crooked cops are of all races.

Read for yourself and get back with me.

But in 147 others, Guillory said the court records showed, police seized cash, jewelry, cell phones and sometimes even automobiles from motorists but never found any contraband or charged them with any crime. Of those, Guillory said he managed to contact 40 of the motorists directly—and discovered all but one of them were black.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...,6051682.story

Just a little more....http://www.mnddc.org/news/inclusion-...705txcrime.htm

Last edited by reconmark; 05-10-2009 at 03:45 PM..

Old 05-10-2009, 04:02 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Many times on this board I read about various controversies that involve the state of Texas.

They want to suceed from the union.
Dragging a black person behind trucks.
Police robbing black and other minorities.

How do you feel justified to go out your door with a shogun, a 12 gauge shotgun and just shot people because you believed they trespassed??

The shooters were threatened in absolutely no way.

What is the issue with Texans!

Texas boy, 7, dies after shot in mistaken trespass | Comcast.net (http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20090509/US.Off.Road.Shooting/ - broken link)
You are correct. It is only Texas with such problems.
CA has no crime or corruption.
NY has no crime or corruption
NJ has no crime or corruption
PA has no crime or corruption
Mass has no Crime
Mich no crime
Maryland No crime
I could name all 50 states.. We see such news from every one of them and yet a sane person would not conclude that everyone or even a majority in each state is guilty of such behavior.

Old 05-10-2009, 05:34 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,959,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
You are correct. It is only Texas with such problems.
CA has no crime or corruption.
NY has no crime or corruption
NJ has no crime or corruption
PA has no crime or corruption
Mass has no Crime
Mich no crime
Maryland No crime
I could name all 50 states.. We see such news from every one of them and yet a sane person would not conclude that everyone or even a majority in each state is guilty of such behavior.
No One made the assertion that no other states had crime, I thought that I had explained it at a level that anyone could understand it.

I stated in my original post that it was based on the things that I have read on this forum, is that clear to you!

However if you read the links provided dosen't these incidents just seem a little strange!

Old 05-10-2009, 06:56 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,097 times
Default That was no mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Many times on this board I read about various controversies that involve the state of Texas.

They want to suceed from the union.
Dragging a black person behind trucks.
Police robbing black and other minorities.

How do you feel justified to go out your door with a shogun, a 12 gauge shotgun and just shot people because you believed they trespassed??

The shooters were threatened in absolutely no way.

What is the issue with Texans!

Texas boy, 7, dies after shot in mistaken trespass | Comcast.net (http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20090509/US.Off.Road.Shooting/ - broken link)

Those scumbags should be charged with murder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies