Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 06:41 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,244,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
I assume you are not Catholic from that comment. If a Catholic uses birth control, they are not allowed to receive the sacraments. A practicing Catholic doesn't have the option of looking at things "holistically", they either follow their religion or they don't. If they follow their religion and it's principles, then they could not vote for someone who supports abortion.

It's not up for debate unless you are Pelosi!
Unless you are Pelosi or the other millions (the MAJORITY) of Catholics who voted for Obama... I bet plenty of them use condoms and birth control pills as well. I guess they are not "Catholics".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2009, 06:43 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,646,015 times
Anyone who follows their religion or the Bible word-for-word is going to have a touch time fully functioning in a modern society.

Old 05-10-2009, 06:44 PM

18,367 posts, read 18,991,555 times
Quote:
Being that Hispanic's are strict Catholics to the point they follow the teachings by not using birth control (thus all the children) then how can they support Obama? With him backing partial birth abortions and all? It makes no sense. Maybe they don't understand what "partial birth abortions" are?????Hmmm?
this post would have been better worded and would not have been as bigoted as it seems had you edited it to read......"Being that most Hispanic's are strict Catholics how can they support Obama?" the rest of the sentence shows a rude and callous assumption about a sector of the population. with the added words it sounds like the post is just tryin to inflame

Old 05-10-2009, 06:44 PM

1,653 posts, read 4,293,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
If you remember that, you're having false memories.

It was one volunteer office. It was a picture of Che Guevera. It was in Houston. Neither Obama or his campaign had anything to do with it.
Opps sorry! Got the sadistic thugs mixed up.

Old 05-10-2009, 06:47 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,421,966 times
Quote:
Opps sorry! Got the sadistic thugs mixed up.
You got the number and in whose office it was wrong, too.

Old 05-10-2009, 06:49 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,910,623 times
Quote:
Many people on CD sit in the corner gnashing their teeth waiting to call someone a racist!

I will never forget my lesson when I walked up to a bank and it said " close for Annunciation Day".

Thanks for answering my questions without attacking me.

I really think that during the campaign if the Repubs had Spanish speaking people explain what pasticqal birth abortions are about, I think it would have changed a lot of votes.

Many people are Catholic by just birth and don't really follow the teachings. But Hispanic people seem to be more devout them many and that was why I was surprised.

Thanks for coming to my defense
THIRD time you ASSume Hispanic's don't know what partial birth abortion is and now you're ASSuming they don't speak English. Dear Squirrel, you are displaying all the signs of prejudice and racism.

AND, I am Hispanic, two advanced degrees(the majority of my relatives are college graduates), forth generation American but really, always an American. My ancestors were forced to cede their land to Texas in the early 1800's.

Old 05-10-2009, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
You got the number and in whose office it was wrong, too.
Ehh... all Hispanics think and look alike... as do all Catholics... so no big deal.

Old 05-10-2009, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
THIRD time you ASSume Hispanic's don't know what partial birth abortion is and now you're ASSuming they don't speak English. Dear Squirrel, you are displaying all the signs of prejudice and racism.

AND, I am Hispanic, two advanced degrees(the majority of my relatives are college graduates), forth generation American but really, always an American. My ancestors were forced to cede their land to Texas in the early 1800's.
LOL... don't you know that the vast majority of Hispanic CITIZENS don't speak English, read the news or understand anything!? They just vote off pure emotion.

Old 05-10-2009, 06:51 PM

1,653 posts, read 4,293,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsmoove View Post
Unless you are Pelosi or the other millions (the MAJORITY) of Catholics who voted for Obama... I bet plenty of them use condoms and birth control pills as well. I guess they are not "Catholics".
I'm not going to argue with you about the teachings of the Catholic Church but I can tell you that it is not an "option" and if the people who use condoms would tell their priest that they are using birth control, they would not be allowed to receive the sacraments.

They can call themselves what ever they want but it is against the teachings and that is what I am talking about here. If they are going to make up their own rules as they go along (Pelosi, Biden,etc) then they might as well chose another religion that suits them better. They are only lying to themselves if they only follow certain rules.

Quit attacking me over this. I was just asking a question. I respect Hispanic people for their devoution to their faith. I could never be so devouted. It was just a simple question. Stop making it out to be some racial attack.

Old 05-10-2009, 06:55 PM

Quote:
I'm not going to argue with you about the teachings of the Catholic Church but I can tell you that it is not an "option" and if the people who use condoms would tell their priest that they are using birth control, they would not be allowed to receive the sacraments.

They can call themselves what ever they want but it is against the teachings and that is what I am talking about here. If they are going to make up their own rules as they go along (Pelosi, Biden,etc) then they might as well chose another religion that suits them better. They are only lying to themselves if they only follow certain rules.

Quit attacking me over this. I was just asking a question. I respect Hispanic people for their devoution to their faith. I could never be so devouted. It was just a simple question. Stop making it out to be some racial attack.
I don't think you made a "racial attack"... I just think you are ignorant about the Hispanic community and the premise of your question confirms it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies