Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 06:55 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,052,792 times

Advertisements

David Feherty shouldn't get pass for tasteless joke - but neither should Wanda Sykes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 06:55 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
I, as well as many people, (Including some of those physically challanged)can even laugh at myself and some pretty dire personal situations to attempt to maintain to balance the good and bad in lifeIt helps in ones ability to cope.

Old 05-11-2009, 06:59 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,911 times
Default Do You Think ELO Should Apologize?

For insulting the majority of Americans by claiming that they are a murderous mob who would kill someone for insulting President Obama, on the basis of ... nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Because if she did, she would find herself beaten to death the following day by Obama supporters

[mod edit]

Last edited by TnHilltopper; 05-11-2009 at 08:38 AM.. Reason: do not make it personal

Old 05-11-2009, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I, as well as many people, (Including some of those physically challanged)can even laugh at myself and some pretty dire personal situations to attempt to maintain to balance the good and bad in lifeIt helps in ones ability to cope.
Ok- you can laugh at YOURSELF. But how about the President of the United States laughing at you with his own "joke"?

Old 05-11-2009, 07:03 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,247,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
Ok- you can laugh at YOURSELF. But how about the President of the United States laughing at you with his own "joke"?
Is this serious!? Do you guys listen to what Limbaugh says about people? This isn't some anonymous citizen that was attacked. Give me a break... it was a joke, during a comedy routine about politics. I mean... lol... this is so par for the course nowadays with the loony right just waiting to pounce on anything to disparage the President. So sad. Were liberals like this during Bush's reign? I suppose so... but I think they at least waited until he screwed up everything in the country.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:06 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,346,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
At Wanda Sykes wishing a conservative talk show host dead? Or do you think the leader of the free world should get away with laughing at a American citizens death?
Should that All American Entertainer, His High Holyness, Rush Limbaugh apologize for wanting America to fail?

I laugh at what he says, I laugh at what she said.

Two comedians.

Nothing more. Nothing less.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:07 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
For insulting the majority of Americans by claiming that they are a murderous mob who would kill someone for insulting President Obama, on the basis of ... nothing.

[mod edit]

Nope, just pointing out how rabid Obama supporters are.

Last edited by TnHilltopper; 05-11-2009 at 08:39 AM..

Old 05-11-2009, 07:11 AM

3,555 posts, read 7,849,962 times
Quote:
I'm pretty sure kidney failure would do that you know.
Not necessarily. There are transplants available, dialysis machines, etc. Rush likes to brag about how rich he is and that the "free market" is the best system of health care. He could just go to India, buy a kidney and get a transplant there. There is a medical tourism industry, just like there are sex tourism and drug tourism industries. But he already knows about those.

golfgod

Old 05-11-2009, 07:12 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,478,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Even a comedian that is wishing another citizen of the U.S. DEAD? I'm pretty sure kidney failure would do that you know.

She's a classless b*tch.
Lets see...Rush(who the GOP has validated as one of its leaders) wished the entire country failed and that's cool but a Comedian cracks a joke and the President smiles and that's off limits..Please.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsmoove View Post
Is this serious!? Do you guys listen to what Limbaugh says about people? This isn't some anonymous citizen that was attacked. Give me a break... it was a joke, during a comedy routine about politics. I mean... lol... this is so par for the course nowadays with the loony right just waiting to pounce on anything to disparage the President. So sad. Were liberals like this during Bush's reign? I suppose so... but I think they at least waited until he screwed up everything in the country.
Yes the liberals waited until 2004 to hammer Bush! LOL

ANTI-BUSH SITES GALORE : The Temple News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies