Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 09:39 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times

Advertisements

I guess all of you who are so passionate about defending a low life like Rush Limbaugh who makes fun of someone with a debilitating illness, think this is an absolute riot! (same dinner, only in 2004)

[youtube]mdDp_jlgC9M[/youtube]
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdDp_jlgC9M&feature=channel"]YouTube - Bush jokes about Weapons of Mass Destruction[/URL]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 09:54 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Not to belabor this since, as I said before, it just gives Limbaugh & friends more things to complain about. But saying "I hope his kidneys fail" without saying the whole line puts it into an entirely different context. I didn't laugh when I heard it either. I don't usually like remarks like that, roast or not, but most of her routine was funny. I thought the line about Palin pulling out at the last minute was hilarious.

However, if you go back to her "I hope his kidney fails" line, it started out with her muttering what Limbaugh said "I hope Obama fails" and then saying "I hope his kidneys fail." It was clearly a dig at how malignant a statement like that can be, but some people just don't get it. When Limbaugh said those 4 words "I hope he fails" he was criticized by even the most conservative Republicans. He and his supporters then insisted he wasn't saying he hopes our country should fail and tried to turn it into a benign comment on Obama's policies. But saying you hope the President fails, especially when he just took office, is hoping unemployment continues to rise, the stock market continues to plummet, families continue to lose their homes and our soldiers continue to die overseas.

She obviously made her point, didn't she?

Old 05-11-2009, 10:06 AM

749 posts, read 947,038 times
Well apologizing is something he is good at.

Old 05-11-2009, 10:26 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,639,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgibbs42 View Post
Well apologizing is something he is good at.

Too bad his "apologies" thus far have all been misplaced and in poor taste. Maybe he could finally muster up a "real" one somehow. Many out here are on our last nerve with this jerk.

Old 05-11-2009, 10:52 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Too bad his "apologies" thus far have all been misplaced and in poor taste. Maybe he could finally muster up a "real" one somehow. Many out here are on our last nerve with this jerk.
On your last nerve? Wow, some of you really have thin skin, don't you?

Old 05-11-2009, 11:00 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
WOW! What happened to that well-touted REPUB sense of humor!!???

SOME of you laughed for weeks about a teleprompter....guess this other stuff was a little to sophisicated for you

Old 05-11-2009, 11:01 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,515,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
Clearly some of you must never have been to see a stand-up comedian.
The things Norm MacDonald says would set your ears on fire.

So sensitive about your poor little Rushie - I think you all lose objectivity very quickly when the $40 million/year entertainer is involved.

But all the libs were flabbergasted at the political cartoon with the dead monkey holding the stimulus bill.

I wonder where the sudden sense of humor came from?

Old 05-11-2009, 11:02 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,515,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
By the way -- the kidney failure comment was clearly a reference to Rush's drug abuse (since kidney failure is a frequent consequence of drug addition). Conservatives are the ones most in love with the idea of "taking responsibility for one's choices" and facing the consequences of one's pursuit of "instant gratification", so I would think conservatives would be thrilled with the idea of a druggie getting his comeuppance in the form of organ failure. Oh, right, when a conservative wingnut does drugs, it's just an "error of judgment" and should have no consequences; if a liberal does drugs, he should suffer fire and brimstone. Isn't that right, Elo?

Besides -- aren't you guys not through yet foaming at the mouth about Obama putting Dijon mustard on his burgers instead of ketsup? Or is it "ketchup"?
Obama was a pot/coke head in college.

Old 05-11-2009, 11:04 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
ELO, please get a grip. It was a roast....have you ever seen a roast? The point is to bring up someone's personality, their flaws, certain situations, etc. & exagerrate it, make fun of it. It's done all the time, thru the dawn of time. I'm sure even beloved Bush went thru something like this. I thought Wanda was funny, & guess what? She even made fun of Obama AND Michelle.....how come you're not pointing that out & praising Wanda for it?
They OBVIOUSLY don't know about context, they have NO idea what a "roast" is, what is appropriate in what situations.....just lacking all around....

Old 05-11-2009, 11:08 AM

3,486 posts, read 5,684,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
Obama was a pot/coke head in college.
So what? He's a liberal; he isn't one of the camp who want to pillor people for wearing miniskirts. It's conservatives who keep kicking and screaming about "morality" -- makes sense they should be held to a higher standard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies