Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 02:22 PM

355 posts, read 447,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Yikes, when are you going to respond to my post? When have I called you names or resorted to profanity?
I did not say that you specifically called me names or used profanity but you have expressed hostility toward me and other conservative-minded posters here.

I lumped you in a group of individuals that can easily be defined as angry liberals. What are all of you so irritated about? Your side easily won, you have victory. It is fear among liberals that conservatives are taking a stand against them, and will most likely take over D.C. in 2010 or 2012.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 02:22 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,457,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yikesamillion View Post
Okay, I forgive you for that outrageous accusation.

I personally am opposed to interracial marriage, but I am not a believer in enacting that into law.

Christianity is the only religion that counts and should only be followed by all who wish to spend their eternal lives in the kingom of Heaven. People have the choice and self-control over their own lifestyles. Everyone creates their own destiny, I cannot create it for them but I can encourage them to become better individuals.
No, Christianity is not the only religion that counts. The kingDom of Heaven likely doesn't even exist, but you're too delusioned to see it.

Many, many people in the world practice a wide variety of religions other than Christianity. Many practice no religion at all. You're not any more "right" than they are.

Old 05-11-2009, 02:26 PM

Quote:
I have written before that I am a firm believer in separate but equal.

This does not necessarily mean that Jim Crow laws should still be enforced because segregation already occurs naturally to a certain extent. People of different races, skin colors, religions, and viewpoints tend to stick with those that are similar to them. They choose to be separated.

Everybody is equal in that nobody is inferior as a human being, but integration cannot be forced when it has been proven that it does not effectively work.
Segregation still occurs somewhat, I'll grant you that, but not to the extent you apparently think.

You said "this does not necessarily mean that Jim Crow laws..." I'm curious, if Jim Crow laws could be reinstated would you support them? The qualifier "necessarily" indicates to me that you feel they at least could be a great idea.

America is not 1950 Alabama/Mississippi. Get that into that thick skull of yours.

Old 05-11-2009, 02:27 PM

Quote:
I did not say that you specifically called me names or used profanity but you have expressed hostility toward me and other conservative-minded posters here.

I lumped you in a group of individuals that can easily be defined as angry liberals. What are all of you so irritated about? Your side easily won, you have victory. It is fear among liberals that conservatives are taking a stand against them, and will most likely take over D.C. in 2010 or 2012.
Yikes, I'm a conservative and I'm not on your side on this one.

Old 05-11-2009, 02:29 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,563,744 times
Quote:

Christianity is the only religion that counts
And you wonder why some people have called you out...Listen Yikes, us liberals are not angry, but we are tired of many of the things that you have posted to us. I could list them all, but I'm not going to do that. I could also make a list of all the obnoxious, rude & angry conservatives on this forum, but I won't.

Old 05-11-2009, 02:32 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:

I don't even know when I've expressed hostility toward you and would like you to point that out.

In the meantime, I'm not an angry liberal, at all. I'm an angry individual because you "lumped me in a group" without backing that classification up at all.

I'm not sure what fear you think liberals feel, but you are sorely mischaracterizing me. I think you need to put a little more time into getting to know about the people who disagree with you before you start slapping labels on them.

Old 05-11-2009, 02:34 PM

355 posts, read 447,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Segregation still occurs somewhat, I'll grant you that, but not to the extent you apparently think.

You said "this does not necessarily mean that Jim Crow laws..." I'm curious, if Jim Crow laws could be reinstated would you support them? The qualifier "necessarily" indicates to me that you feel they at least could be a great idea.

America is not 1950 Alabama/Mississippi. Get that into that thick skull of yours.
Let me state it this way --

If Jim Crow laws or proposals similar to them were put to a vote and the majority of registered voters approved, I would support them. Otherwise I would not support the forcing of segregation nor integration.

With that said, nobody should be forced to accept or tolerate things that are disagreeable. If I believe the races should remain pure and marriage should be between a man and a woman that is my right. Nobdody can force-feed political correctness as much as it has been tried because we can choose to reject it.

Old 05-11-2009, 02:34 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I think it was EuroMutt.
Yeah, euromutt did say homosexual acts should be punished with "death".

Unlike thefinalsay, I don't think that euromutt was joking - although he did send me a friend request, and I accepted it! We actually get along fine. It's much easier to get along with someone who is anti-gay and is calm about it than the ones who crudely rant and rave about it.

Old 05-11-2009, 02:35 PM

240 posts, read 1,284,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
The problem is American civilians are being pushed away and cannot become part of the solution. The power is being taken from us. We should all be angry.
You give away power, it cannot be taken from you. Unless it is stolen from you in deceitful ways, as was done by the Bush Administration without our knowledge. We took back our power by electing Obama.

It appears that losers are usually angry. The "Far-Right" is angry because they lost. They lost, first of all, because the Republican party chose a candidate who was NOT a far-right-wing nut and that made them mad. Remember Limbaugh raging against McCain?

Then McCain, to appease this vocal but tiny faction of the Republican party, chose---out of desperation because he was badly losing not because he was a moderate Republican trying so hard to appear conservative but because he was just... bad (as in "out of touch," "unintelligible," "ridiculous," etc.), he chose a far-right-wing nut, Sarah Palin, as his running mate. That sure was a clever move (not!). Ever the gambler, that McCain!

So, let's get this straight: it's not the liberals who are mad, or the centrists, or even the center-of-right folk; no, it's the far-right-wing, socially conservative, bible-thumping fundamentalists who are FURIOUS! They have lost, and lost not just this election, but the whole shebang. And until they get on board with a nation that desires to move in a progressive direction, they'll continue to lose.

Old 05-11-2009, 02:35 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,164,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Liberals on this board angry...We're laughing

Maybe the OP missed the still existent Obama Birth Certificate Thread or any thread posted by ELORocks. Must have his eyes closed when sanrene posts anything or truegrit..

Liberals simply have a very difficult time understanding and accepting ignorance, bigotry and mindless hate and opposition, at least this liberal.
Exactly! If I'm "angry" at anything, it is the type of thing that you listed. Most of it is so completely inane, it isn't worth getting angry about. Better to just refute it or laugh at it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies