Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 07:43 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times

Advertisements

Interesting how many conservatives are happy to see the downfall of anyone who doesn't stick to their rigid ideology.

And they say liberals are angry?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 08:35 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,848,653 times
greatday wrote;
Quote:
The State of California is BROKE NOW - and this group wants to force the state to pay the 10's of millions of Dollars it would cost for a recall to get him out of office what, a year earlier??
Being broke didn't seem to bother the right when Arnold went around (coyly) campaigning to recall Davis. What's good for the goose, etc.

golfgod

Old 05-11-2009, 08:41 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,701,472 times
Fell apart because of the liberals and their unwillingness to close our southern border. Now our state is over run with criminal illegals and other trash.

Old 05-11-2009, 09:09 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,710,823 times
My conscience is clear; I voted for Tom McClintock during the Davis recall. Despite Sean Hannity stumping for him, I knew Ahh-nold was a RINO through and through.

Old 05-11-2009, 09:13 PM

654 posts, read 1,210,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Interesting how many conservatives are happy to see the downfall of anyone who doesn't stick to their rigid ideology.
Is this supposed to make sense?

Why in the world should conservatives show support to someone who has thrown away any shred of conservatism and has driven his state into bankruptcy? Perhaps if he had governed as a conservative California wouldn't be in this mess. You sound like every other typical lib who equates Republican with conservative.

And speaking of throwing those who don't "stick to their rigid ideology" under the bus, I seem to recall the national leadership of the Democrat Party effectively kicking Joe Lieberman out for not falling into lock step with the approved party line concerning a war that they themselves voted for just a couple of years earlier.

Old 05-11-2009, 09:32 PM

413 posts, read 561,980 times
Quote:

And they say liberals are angry?
Rigid ideology? Arnold turned out to be more liberal than the vast majority of Democrats. He should be ashamed to call himself a Republican. He also went back on his word and lied sooooooooo many times.

Old 05-11-2009, 10:55 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
It should be a TOTAL RECALL

LOL.
If that was original, you deserve a rep!

Quote:
I watched Dick Cheney saying Colin Powell is no longer a Republican. Pathetic.

Old 05-12-2009, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fp1978 View Post
Why in the world should conservatives show support to someone who has thrown away any shred of conservatism and has driven his state into bankruptcy? Perhaps if he had governed as a conservative California wouldn't be in this mess. You sound like every other typical lib who equates Republican with conservative.
Don't call me a typical lib - I'm not. Anyone here who knows me just a little knows that I have some very nontraditional views for a liberal. It just seems that every day, there's more cheering from Republicans when they see the downfall of someone who doesn't meet their rigid standards.

By the way, there are just as many "typical Republicans" who equate Democrats with liberalism. That's wrong too.

Quote:
And speaking of throwing those who don't "stick to their rigid ideology" under the bus, I seem to recall the national leadership of the Democrat Party effectively kicking Joe Lieberman out for not falling into lock step with the approved party line concerning a war that they themselves voted for just a couple of years earlier.
Old news. Plus, Lieberman still caucuses with the Democrats, and that's what matters most.

Old 05-12-2009, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yes/no View Post
Rigid ideology? Arnold turned out to be more liberal than the vast majority of Democrats. He should be ashamed to call himself a Republican. He also went back on his word and lied sooooooooo many times.
Well I thought he was great, and I voted for him in '06, and obviously, he won reelection. I'd probably vote for him again if he ran.

Old 05-12-2009, 01:55 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,571,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yes/no View Post
Ah, yes. Heard this many times. If the Republican messes up, he was not a "true" Republican. He was a Democrat.

Typical Republican mentality, I suppose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies