Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2009, 10:56 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,410,872 times

Advertisements

Sorry, this is kind of random, but I just wanted to post this somewhere where people outside the Midwest can see.

Chrysler, Obama take the truth about plant closings for a spin - Opinions, Editorials, Letters and Columns from The Plain Dealer - cleveland.com

First, let me explain. This is an article in Sunday's(May 10th, 2009) Cleveland Plain Dealer. A decent newspaper in the rust belt city of Cleveland Ohio. I though it would be interesting if people in other parts of the country(and other parts of the world) were to see the differing perspective that the Midwest has of the Obama administration.

Please read the article.

Keep in mind a few things as you read this. The Plain Dealer is not a conservative paper. In reality, I find that they lean left(like most media outlets). Also, understand why it is that I'm posting this. By no means am I a perturbed right winger, quite the contrary. This isn't a bash on Obama at all. What I want to expose here is the lack of truth in the major news markets in this country(and perhaps around the world?). You'd be hard pressed to find any of the information in this article in other major papers like the New York Times or the LA times. And of course they shouldn't cover it that extensively. Cleveland is in the middle of the country, far away from either coast. But could you imagine if Bush had done the same thing? The NY times would eat it up!

The lack of honesty in all U.S papers has become a widespread issue, and I'm interested to see the perspectives of people in other states/countries on this issue.

After reading this article, I have a stark difference in opinion of the Obama administration. I voted for Obama, and Obama won the state of Ohio. He came to devastated ares like Youngstown and Toledo and promised jobs. He wooed the Midwestern people of Ohio, Michigan, Missouri, Illinois, and Indiana. Now I feel like he's hanging us out to dry. I really hope for the sake of this country that this is not a sign of the future.

Thanks for your time,
From Cleveland Ohio
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 07:02 AM

1,653 posts, read 4,289,692 times
I notice no lefty comments. Interesting. They only comment on things they can spin as Bush's fault. I am sure this is the sign of the times in Ohio.

Remember that Ohio had Obama's people picking up homeless and taking them to vote, registering people in bars when they were drunk, college students voting in Ohio when they were residents of other states. They also had democrats coming into Ohio and renting homes to get an address and then people were bussed in from other states and used the addresses so they could vote in Ohio. Not to mention Acorn and their fraud practices.

I was living in Ohio at the time and was disgusted by the practices that were just ignored to secure the electoral college votes. The Democratic elected officials did everything they could to make sure Obama took Ohio.

I personally witnessed cars pull up to dumpters and empty hundreds of McCain signs into the dumpsters and when I called the police, not once cop even bothered to show up.

Just nothing but dirty, crooked politics.

Old 05-13-2009, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
I notice no lefty comments. Interesting. They only comment on things they can spin as Bush's fault. I am sure this is the sign of the times in Ohio.

Remember that Ohio had Obama's people picking up homeless and taking them to vote, registering people in bars when they were drunk, college students voting in Ohio when they were residents of other states. They also had democrats coming into Ohio and renting homes to get an address and then people were bussed in from other states and used the addresses so they could vote in Ohio. Not to mention Acorn and their fraud practices.

I was living in Ohio at the time and was disgusted by the practices that were just ignored to secure the electoral college votes. The Democratic elected officials did everything they could to make sure Obama took Ohio.

I personally witnessed cars pull up to dumpters and empty hundreds of McCain signs into the dumpsters and when I called the police, not once cop even bothered to show up.

Just nothing but dirty, crooked politics.
I can't tell if you're joking or not.

Old 05-13-2009, 02:43 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,090,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
I notice no lefty comments. Interesting.
Did you notice any righty comments?

Old 05-13-2009, 03:00 PM

157 posts, read 180,212 times
I'm sorry Ohio. All politics aside, these job losses are tragic.

Old 05-13-2009, 03:23 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,090,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksu sucks View Post
Sorry, this is kind of random, but I just wanted to post this somewhere where people outside the Midwest can see.

Chrysler, Obama take the truth about plant closings for a spin - Opinions, Editorials, Letters and Columns from The Plain Dealer - cleveland.com

First, let me explain. This is an article in Sunday's(May 10th, 2009) Cleveland Plain Dealer. A decent newspaper in the rust belt city of Cleveland Ohio. I though it would be interesting if people in other parts of the country(and other parts of the world) were to see the differing perspective that the Midwest has of the Obama administration.

Please read the article.

Keep in mind a few things as you read this. The Plain Dealer is not a conservative paper. In reality, I find that they lean left(like most media outlets). Also, understand why it is that I'm posting this. By no means am I a perturbed right winger, quite the contrary. This isn't a bash on Obama at all. What I want to expose here is the lack of truth in the major news markets in this country(and perhaps around the world?). You'd be hard pressed to find any of the information in this article in other major papers like the New York Times or the LA times. And of course they shouldn't cover it that extensively. Cleveland is in the middle of the country, far away from either coast. But could you imagine if Bush had done the same thing? The NY times would eat it up!

The lack of honesty in all U.S papers has become a widespread issue, and I'm interested to see the perspectives of people in other states/countries on this issue.

After reading this article, I have a stark difference in opinion of the Obama administration. I voted for Obama, and Obama won the state of Ohio. He came to devastated ares like Youngstown and Toledo and promised jobs. He wooed the Midwestern people of Ohio, Michigan, Missouri, Illinois, and Indiana. Now I feel like he's hanging us out to dry. I really hope for the sake of this country that this is not a sign of the future.

Thanks for your time,
From Cleveland Ohio
OP, what a great thread topic. The Plain Dealer has been an excellent paper for so long, has won many awards including the Pulitzer - honest and pure outfit you got there.

Obama/ Chrysler - I think they were doing what they could do to keep the stock price up. To be cynical, or realistic, I'd say it was a media-manipulation strategy.

Old 05-14-2009, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
OP, what a great thread topic.

I'd say it was a media-manipulation strategy.

Thanks. And yes, that's exactly what it was. I'm sure this is not a new technique, but it's funny how you don't catch wind of this in the major coastal papers.

As a liberal I admit that the media's dishonesty is wrong.

Old 05-14-2009, 11:41 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,216,075 times
Wasn't there a campaign speech where the O promised to 'bring those jobs back to Michigan'? Now, I realize Ohio and Michigan are not the same state but I believe the reference was, basically, to auto manufacture issues. So, are we going to import Chinese workers now?

As far as the media... here in Texas I've recognized the dishonesty of the media for quite some time. I don't read local or national papers, or at least not for the purpose of becoming informed. I'll read them to see what they have to say or particularly for local events.

I used to read the DU but discovered they only wanted me dead. With all the screechers at KOS it should really be a gay board. I've discovered that if there is a group of people trying to convince you to believe them then you should back up real fast, prepare to run and get informed. Regardless of political association.

Old 05-18-2009, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post
I've discovered that if there is a group of people trying to convince you to believe them then you should back up real fast, prepare to run and get informed. Regardless of political association.
Unfortunately, most Americans don't think that way.

Old 05-18-2009, 03:10 PM

519 posts, read 687,565 times
I believe there are many threads in this forum that have referred to Obama and his administration as liars. Spin is lying. Obama is a liar, as astutely pointed out by this newspaper.

I feel for the good people of Ohio (I used to live in Cincinnati). And I feel for the people that believe they've voted for a transparent, pragmatist that is out to be the hero of the little man. They've been duped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies