Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 09:28 AM

749 posts, read 946,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Quoting some "prophecy" - yeah, like that's something I believe.
LOL

A fortune cookie last night told me I'm going to win the lotto.
That BS is just as valuable as your "prophecy".

Ken

Watch and learn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 09:35 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,970,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgibbs42 View Post
Watch and learn.
As Barney Frank in 2005 blowing off the idea of a housing bubble will prove:

Some people never learn.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:36 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,328,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgibbs42 View Post
Watch and learn.
Yeah, right.

How much money did they sucker out of you on their "donation" website?
Kiss that money goodbye.

Oh yeah, in the End of Days money won't matter anymore.
If you don't want it I'll take it.
LOL

Ken

Old 05-12-2009, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Yeah, right.

Oh yeah, in the End of Days money won't matter anymore.

Hyperinflation won't be "the end of days", it'll just feel like the end of the world for those who weren't prepared.

Vive La France – the Road to Hyperinflation

Old 05-12-2009, 09:41 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,515,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
I agree that the recession is coming to an end. There are still a few speed bumps to cross, but all in all things are starting to improve. How quickly the jobs scene turns around is a more regional issue in my opinion. Places like Arizona, Nevada, Florida and Michigan who were hit hard by the housing bubble popping, auto industry collapse, etc... will take a little longer to recover lost jobs. States that have more diverse economies, like CO for example, will turn around much faster.

Thank God we elected Obama though. I think his plan is actually working. Imagine if we had McCain/Palin up there driving the bus... /shudder...
Now Im not saying its a good or bad plan. But how is it working? Barely any of the "stimulus" money has been spent. What is it exactly that made the turn around?

Old 05-12-2009, 09:44 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
and many will need to be popped up again only next time who knows if the printing presses at the mint will be printing enough cash for them.
I dont think there'll be any more massive injections of cash from the govt to any sector. Housecleaning has been done.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:46 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,465,311 times
This is how I see it. For years anybody who brought up real numbers and raw data was attacked as a "Chicken Little" by the GOP. Somehow it came to be that any bad news, was un-American and just plain old silly talk. Even as we danced along the cusp of the recession a couple of years ago these guys took to the airwaves, interwebtubes, and other media to vehemently deny the reality that was shaping up. That puts them about two years behind imo.

Today, born from the denial wing of the GOP, we have the fear monger, doomsday types, in particular Glen Beck. Who warns us to stock pile our food and to arm ourselves for the coming end of days. While obviously exegerated, it's about where those who were willing to accept reality were a couple years back.

In other words, if the GOP world view is that we are right in the middle of the frying pan, then we are probably almost out of the woods now. I've been very optimistic the last couple of months and think we can see more positive news in the next 12-18 months.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:48 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,246,905 times
No way is the recession over... ask any business... home sales are up... but only because folks are buying foreclosures... and home prices are still going down.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I dont think there'll be any more massive injections of cash from the govt to any sector. Housecleaning has been done.
When the inevitable GM/Chrysler bankruptcy occurs, there'll be plenty more cash to print.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:51 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,052,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
There cant be anymore injections. One- because the public will not sit by and watch another giant corp get bailed out and two- the devaluation of the dollar is about to become extreme. If they print anymore money and throw it at bad assets you can forget about any recovery in the next 5 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies