Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 10:09 PM

224 posts, read 376,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
You do know that ACORN separates out the obvious fraudulent registrations before turning them in, but are still required to hand them in?

And who is "they"?
You mean all of acorn?
Or all of the employees?
Or all of the canvas-ers?

I've seen no actual facts yet.
Just a lot of screaming as usual.

If you want outrage, something closer to this might work:
Of the 100,000,000 fraudulent registrations, 20 million people were able to commit vote fraud.

But that isn't the case, is it?

All I've heard so far is that:
ACORN paid people for registrations, and likely paid for fraudulent registrations that they didn't catch.

If there is a transcript of Beck's show, I'll read it.
But I can't watch that guy any more.

Here is where you can find the transcript: Former ACORN Board Members Speak Out - Glenn Beck - FOXNews.com

I doubt you will even read it...

I don't understand why some people are so swept up in this Left V. Right bull****.. All of these "conflicts" are only met to divide people. I hate that humanity is often so easily manipulated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 11:03 PM

339 posts, read 705,147 times
All this time...I thought they were legit!

Old 05-13-2009, 09:09 AM

1,558 posts, read 2,589,939 times
so did glenn start crying in this video too?

Old 05-13-2009, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy View Post

Do you realize that you are part of the problem? Ignore the fact that there is major fraud being committed and we a being deprived of our Constitutional rights and focus on a commentator that you don't like...

You are the problem. The Left/Right paradigm exists to keep citizens divided... Cut the chains you've been towing that party line with, take off the blindfold and open your mind to the truth.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:47 AM

All of ACORN apparently operates under the umbrella of Citizens Consulting Inc., whose Web site is completely empty aside from its address: 1024 Elysian Fields Ave., New Orleans. (this is a funeral home which appears vacant)

According to corporate filings, about 270 related organizations — which are a mix of corporations and non-profits from states from California to Louisiana — have filed from that location. Does that look like a building that holds 270 organizations?
The $630,000 building that was once a funeral home is owned by Elysian Fieldscorp.
But there's even more smoke there.
The president of ACORN, Wade Rathke, is also a partner in Elysian Fieldscorp. And he and his brother Dale are listed as president or partner in dozens of companies based in that building in Louisiana.
We've told you that Dale embezzled about a million dollars while serving as comptroller of CCI and was fired about a year ago over it — only after the scandal had been brushed under the carpet for about eight years.
But is there fire?
To give you an idea of what's going on at that address as far as size and scope, compare it to the United Way. The United Way has 1,300 local organizations, while ACORN has 1,200 — so they're roughly the same size. But, we found just 13 records of affiliated organizations at United Way's main address. ACORN has two hundred and seventy.
So what's going on in that location? We don't know yet. We think it could be as harmless as an administrative letter drop.
But there's plenty of smoke at that address in Louisiana and we're going to find out whether the fire department needs to be called in.

Old 05-13-2009, 10:25 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,929,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
Deflection noted.

Your insult to ACORN members trying to remedy the corruption within is also noted.

Old 05-13-2009, 11:43 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,379,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1878 View Post
All of ACORN apparently operates under the umbrella of Citizens Consulting Inc., whose Web site is completely empty aside from its address: 1024 Elysian Fields Ave., New Orleans. (this is a funeral home which appears vacant)

According to corporate filings, about 270 related organizations — which are a mix of corporations and non-profits from states from California to Louisiana — have filed from that location. Does that look like a building that holds 270 organizations?
The $630,000 building that was once a funeral home is owned by Elysian Fieldscorp.
But there's even more smoke there.
The president of ACORN, Wade Rathke, is also a partner in Elysian Fieldscorp. And he and his brother Dale are listed as president or partner in dozens of companies based in that building in Louisiana.
We've told you that Dale embezzled about a million dollars while serving as comptroller of CCI and was fired about a year ago over it — only after the scandal had been brushed under the carpet for about eight years.
But is there fire?
To give you an idea of what's going on at that address as far as size and scope, compare it to the United Way. The United Way has 1,300 local organizations, while ACORN has 1,200 — so they're roughly the same size. But, we found just 13 records of affiliated organizations at United Way's main address. ACORN has two hundred and seventy.
So what's going on in that location? We don't know yet. We think it could be as harmless as an administrative letter drop.
But there's plenty of smoke at that address in Louisiana and we're going to find out whether the fire department needs to be called in.
I was going to post this but had not gotten the chance to yet! GREAT JOB.
The left wants to keep the division of the parties and the have and have nots it keeps their cause going! Sadly.
This is a serious issue and all these organizations under the one umbrella is astounding. Who looks into these before monies are given to them from the taxpayer...
These men have had a great gig going. Making tons of money in the process too.
This needs to be front and center until all allegations are addressed for "ALL" the businesses listed under the umbrella.

Old 05-13-2009, 11:46 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,379,313 times
Quote:
Do you realize that you are part of the problem? Ignore the fact that there is major fraud being committed and we a being deprived of our Constitutional rights and focus on a commentator that you don't like...

You are the problem. The Left/Right paradigm exists to keep citizens divided... Cut the chains you've been towing that party line with, take off the blindfold and open your mind to the truth.
If it can possible make obama look bad they are against it and will ignore it.

Old 05-13-2009, 05:23 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,893,050 times
Quote:
Here is where you can find the transcript: Former ACORN Board Members Speak Out - Glenn Beck - FOXNews.com

I doubt you will even read it...

I don't understand why some people are so swept up in this Left V. Right bull****.. All of these "conflicts" are only met to divide people. I hate that humanity is often so easily manipulated.
After reading the transcript.

This has very little to do with all the previous ACORN screaming during the election (registration fraud, labeled as voter fraud by the right, culminating with the 3rd debate and McCain proclaiming that ACORN was "on the verge of maybe perpetrating one of the greatest frauds in voter history in this country, maybe destroying the fabric of democracy.)"

This is about the founder's brother embezzling 1 million dollars from the organization and two board member's fight to open the books and figure out why one of them was terminated. Tons of innuendo in that interview too.

OMG, you mean executives are taking advantage of their positions?
Shocking.
But by all means you two ladies - clean up the executive structure at ACORN.
I've got no issues with that.

Your OP is misleading.
For example "A group of ACORN insiders are trying to come forward with their stories of how a well intended organization got usurped and corrupted by the thirst for big government dollars and influence.."

Nit picking, but "influence" doesn't jive with the interview's contents.

Beck trying to steer - "So, what is it? I said to Marcel, I think I said to you earlier, that this is all about votes and you said, "No, this is all about the money."

You could have titled the post "Executive corruption at ACORN" and it would have fit better. But probably gotten less attention, so I can see why you went with a vague post title.

Old 05-13-2009, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
After reading the transcript.

This has very little to do with all the previous ACORN screaming during the election (registration fraud, labeled as voter fraud by the right, culminating with the 3rd debate and McCain proclaiming that ACORN was "on the verge of maybe perpetrating one of the greatest frauds in voter history in this country, maybe destroying the fabric of democracy.)"

This is about the founder's brother embezzling 1 million dollars from the organization and two board member's fight to open the books and figure out why one of them was terminated. Tons of innuendo in that interview too.

OMG, you mean executives are taking advantage of their positions?
Shocking.
But by all means you two ladies - clean up the executive structure at ACORN.
I've got no issues with that.

Your OP is misleading.
For example "A group of ACORN insiders are trying to come forward with their stories of how a well intended organization got usurped and corrupted by the thirst for big government dollars and influence.."

Nit picking, but "influence" doesn't jive with the interview's contents.

Beck trying to steer - "So, what is it? I said to Marcel, I think I said to you earlier, that this is all about votes and you said, "No, this is all about the money."

You could have titled the post "Executive corruption at ACORN" and it would have fit better. But probably gotten less attention, so I can see why you went with a vague post title.
I'm glad you realize this has little to do with the election activities ACORN was involved in.

This is not simply "Executive Corruption", This organization is being used in a manner contrary to it's charter. This obviously requires the collaborative efforts of MANY. We will follow the money trail and I'm sure it will lead to some surprising places..

Get over it... This is not a Rep. Vs. Dem thing.... The people calling for investigation are Dems!

You obviously didn't read the entire transcript.... Why don't you just watch the videos so you can understand a little better..

ACORN is a mutated version of organized crime... We know all about the election fraud cases.. As well as the Protests for hire and Money for Muscle uses. That is just the tips of the tantacles... So much more information is coming. This is going to be HUGE

ACORN operates through over 250 different LLCs.... The founder Wade Rathke (his brother is the one that is accused of embezzling 1 million)is also the founder and "chief organizer" of the SEIU Local 100 UNION.

Get over your partisan tantrum and realize that a corrupt organization like ACORN is bad for everyone. They are exploiting the people they have pledged to protect in order to extort, manipulate and defraud the greater population. No doubt for the personal gain of those involved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies