Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 01:51 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,691,371 times

Advertisements

This article got me to thinking that these 2 groups really do have alot in common. Not only do they want to use government and even violence to force their own view of God on everybody else but they seem to have the same likes and dislikes and think that, if they don't like something, it should be banned. I agree that a private religious nutcase school can do what it wants but how long until they tell us we cannot dance too? How long until they execute people for sinning?

The Buzz Log - Suspended for Dancing - Yahoo! Buzz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 01:54 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,038,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
This article got me to thinking that these 2 groups really do have alot in common. Not only do they want to use government and even violence to force their own view of God on everybody else but they seem to have the same likes and dislikes and think that, if they don't like something, it should be banned. I agree that a private religious nutcase school can do what it wants but how long until they tell us we cannot dance too? How long until they execute people for sinning?

The Buzz Log - Suspended for Dancing - Yahoo! Buzz
this was in a previous thread about a week ago. It is a private school where the boy signed a contract. If he did not want to adhear to the policies stipulated in the contract he did not have to go to the school.
Anyway- yes there are fringe lunatics both Christian and Muslim. There are also lunatics in every corner of the world that would like to shoot you in the groin rather then say hello to you.

Old 05-12-2009, 01:59 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,102,568 times
When have Christians flown planes into buildings? Beheaded civilians? Not let women drive? Not let women vote? Not let women educate themselves? Not let women go in public without a man? Executed women for infidelity? Stoned girls to death for being raped? Dictated type of dress? Hijack ships? Create terrorist training camps?

It's sad that people are so weak-willed when they see something that can be misconstrued as a religious thing and then wail about how they are offended by it. Get over yourselves.

Old 05-12-2009, 02:05 PM

1,801 posts, read 3,542,249 times
When Christians were in power as such and European nations (and some colonies) were led by Catholic/Christian sentiment, thousands (maybe millions) were tortured to death in horrible ways for religious reasons.

Old 05-12-2009, 02:48 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,691,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
When have Christians flown planes into buildings? Beheaded civilians? Not let women drive? Not let women vote? Not let women educate themselves? Not let women go in public without a man? Executed women for infidelity? Stoned girls to death for being raped? Dictated type of dress? Hijack ships? Create terrorist training camps?

It's sad that people are so weak-willed when they see something that can be misconstrued as a religious thing and then wail about how they are offended by it. Get over yourselves.
Well they probably cannot fly planes. They certainly have killed people including doctors and nurses that provide abortions, they have picketed at the funerals of soldiers and I would say even blew up the Federal Building in OK City since that guy was a religious nutcase along with the one who blew up a gay bar and the Olympics in Atlanta in 1996. Are they as bad as the islamic nutcases? Not be any means but they are just as much a danger to America because, unlike the Muslims who have no political power in the USA, they do. I put Robertson and Hagee in that category.

Old 06-07-2009, 08:09 AM

639 posts, read 1,140,233 times
Here we go again with the liberal loonies trying to morally equate what happened many, many, many, many, many years ago to what the muslims are doing now. I am a middle of the road Christian, by far not a lunatic, and was OUTRAGED when the abortion Doctor was killed. I didn't celebrate nor did I approve. Now onto the "average" "mainstream" Muslims that I would like to make a comparison about. When planes were crashed into buildings etc, 1000s of American citizens were killed (Have you Forgotten??). Where was the Muslim outcry about the radicalism??? It was LIMITED at best if at all. In fact, I was patrolling the streets of Brooklyn, New York, and observed WITH MY OWN EYES, average, mainstream, level headed Muslims (bodega owners, laundromat owners, restaurant owners, people attending mosques) JUMPING UP AND DOWN AND CHEERING the blow struck against the Americans!!! They had their 4 and 5 year old children out there cheering with them. Sowing hatred for future generations. I cannot see why this country has become a land of apologists?? We apologize for EVERYTHING!!!! Did we apologize for helping Somalis?? Did we apologize for helping Bosnians (Muslims)??? Do we apologize for giving BILLIONS of dollars in aid to Muslim countries. Stop trying to morally equate the way Christians and Muslims act TODAY!!!! It makes you look like a fringe lunatic yourself. This country is doomed.

Old 06-07-2009, 08:21 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,276,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noela View Post
When Christians were in power as such and European nations (and some colonies) were led by Catholic/Christian sentiment, thousands (maybe millions) were tortured to death in horrible ways for religious reasons.
The Catholic Church is still implanting the power of God's love in the rectums of "boys undefiled by women" on a global basis.

They HAVE the power.

Do you feel the power?

Old 06-07-2009, 08:28 AM

31,387 posts, read 36,945,142 times
Quote:
When have Christians flown planes into buildings?
No but then again we haven't had any Muslims bombers of Federal buildings and abortion clinics.

Quote:
Beheaded civilians?
Is this going to be an argument of weapons choices? Dead is dead.

Quote:
Not let women drive? Not let women vote? Not let women educate themselves? Not let women go in public without a man? Executed women for infidelity? Stoned girls to death for being raped? Dictated type of dress? Hijack ships? Create terrorist training camps?
See Texas polygamist.

Old 06-07-2009, 08:30 AM

5,160 posts, read 9,152,219 times
Quote:
Deuteronomy 22:23; Deuteronomy 22:24 (New King James Version)

Quote:
“If a young woman who is a virgin is betrothed to a husband, and a man finds her in the city and lies with her,
then you shall bring them both out to the gate of that city, and you shall stone them to death with stones, the young woman because she did not cry out in the city, and the man because he humbled his neighbor’s wife; so you shall put away the evil from among you.
That is just insane.

Old 06-07-2009, 08:43 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,875,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtAJC View Post
Here we go again with the liberal loonies trying to morally equate what happened many, many, many, many, many years ago to what the muslims are doing now. I am a middle of the road Christian, by far not a lunatic, and was OUTRAGED when the abortion Doctor was killed. I didn't celebrate nor did I approve. Now onto the "average" "mainstream" Muslims that I would like to make a comparison about. When planes were crashed into buildings etc, 1000s of American citizens were killed (Have you Forgotten??). Where was the Muslim outcry about the radicalism??? It was LIMITED at best if at all. In fact, I was patrolling the streets of Brooklyn, New York, and observed WITH MY OWN EYES, average, mainstream, level headed Muslims (bodega owners, laundromat owners, restaurant owners, people attending mosques) JUMPING UP AND DOWN AND CHEERING the blow struck against the Americans!!! They had their 4 and 5 year old children out there cheering with them. Sowing hatred for future generations. I cannot see why this country has become a land of apologists?? We apologize for EVERYTHING!!!! Did we apologize for helping Somalis?? Did we apologize for helping Bosnians (Muslims)??? Do we apologize for giving BILLIONS of dollars in aid to Muslim countries. Stop trying to morally equate the way Christians and Muslims act TODAY!!!! It makes you look like a fringe lunatic yourself. This country is doomed.
Sorry but you cannot just discount the history of wrongs done by people that professed to be doing it because of their faith in Christianity. There are still plenty of Christians that would be happy if we were forced to follow Christian beliefs when it comes to our government and our daily lives. You were also given examples of what Christians have done there are more, you forget what the Serbs were doing a few years back?
As for you comment about driving around in NewYork on 9-11 and seeing Muslims dancing in the street in celebration, I will not call you a Liar, but I have serious doubts that any such thing happened, it would have been all over the news and there was nothing. Every Muslim I knew at the time of 9-11, and those I have met since, all expressed the same horror and disgust that the rest of us felt. As for the lunatic fringe, you might want to be carefull throwing rocks from where you seem to be standing.
Casper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies