Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 05:04 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Charles Crist is married..

David Drier just celebrated his 50th anniversary..

I'll stop here, because the first two just discredited the whole posting and I'm only going to hear.. "that doesnt mean they arent gay"... Um, yeah it does.. by definition..
Huh? How does getting married to a woman mean that a guy isn't gay? I've known gay guys who were married to women. Their sexual orientation didn't change just because they said, "I do."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Charlie Crist is so popular, would he lose if he did come out?
He probably wouldn't have to worry about a general election, but he would have to worry about getting through a Republican primary.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:08 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
Outing gay politicians is only ethical if their public positions are obviously and unmistakably homophobic. Simply voting against certain pro-gay and lesbian legislation isn't enough in my mind if there is a cogent political rationale for doing so, for example, opposing a Federal statute protecting gay rights when they believe that it is a matter for the states, voting against inclusion of gays in hate crime statutes if they are oppose to hate crime statutes to begin with. But if they go out and proselytize about the evils of the gay life style, Gays' as an affront to Christians etc, etc., out the suckers.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:09 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,846,314 times
Quote:
Charles Crist is married..

I'll stop here, because the first two just discredited the whole posting and I'm only going to hear.. "that doesnt mean they arent gay"... Um, yeah it does.. by definition..
Larry Craig is also married.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:10 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Huh? How does getting married to a woman mean that a guy isn't gay? I've known gay guys who were married to women. Their sexual orientation didn't change just because they said, "I do."
Most people pretty much consumate the marriage, the night of their wedding.. Ok, I dont know "most people" do from any experience, its pretty commonly known fact.

And if their sexual orientation didnt change just because they got married, that would technically make them "bi-sexual".. not gay..

Old 05-12-2009, 05:10 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,031,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Charlie Crist is so popular, would he lose if he did come out?
If Governor Crist of Florida really is gay, and if he came forward and said he was gay and that sexual orientation didn't matter, that he only wants to be judged on the content of his character and his actions as governor, that it's time for America to get over the gay rights issues and move on as one country, that he will represent all Americans of all faiths and beliefs, then he'd probably get a freeking huge historic landslide victory for the Senate since the vast majority of Americans just want to MOVE ON with their lives and fix the real issues in the country (energy, transport, health care).
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Most people pretty much consumate the marriage, the night of their wedding.. Ok, I dont know "most people" do from any experience, its pretty commonly known fact.

And if their sexual orientation didnt change just because they got married, that would technically make them "bi-sexual".. not gay..
Sexual orientation is defined by attractions - physical and emotional. It's very much possible for a gay man to have sex with a woman, even if he's not enjoying it. If a gay guy has intercourse with a woman, it doesn't even make him bisexual unless he's attracted to her.
Sexual orientation is different from sexual behavior because it refers to feelings and self-concept. Individuals may or may not express their sexual orientation in their behaviors.

APA Help Center - Health & Emotional Wellness - "Sexual Orientation and Homosexuality"

Old 05-12-2009, 05:16 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,158 times
Quote:

Whoa. You don't know much about homosexuality, do you? Gotta wonder how much you know about heterosexuality.

Sexual orientation is not defined by acts but by attraction. Doesn't matter who you have sex with, it matter who you want to have sex with. If you want to do it with the opposite sex, you're heterosexual. If you want to do it with the same sex, your homosexual. If you want to do it with both, you're bisexual. And if you don't want to do it, you're asexual.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:17 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,842,951 times
I want to know as little about a politician personally as I can. their voting records are all I care about. I don't care if someone has sex with squid. none of my business.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:21 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,155,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
It's very much possible for a gay man to have sex with a woman, even if he's not enjoying it.

Yes and he's probably thinking of Brad Pitt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies