Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 05:57 PM

284 posts, read 696,356 times

Advertisements

So i haven't been on here for a long time ranting and raving about politics, so i came on today to see what people have been talking about. I started to scan the page and realized something, AS an American citizen i am so upset with my fellow Americans (and me for that case) what has become of us. I read people blaming other peoples political parties about what is going on in our economy, i read really stupid comments about pointless stuff about politicians that no one even brought up. I realized that all we do is b**** and complain about all these politicians but don't really do anything about.
Truth is is that as Americans Dem and rep we need to work together and try to fix our country. No offense these politicians are not going to do s*** to help us out they just want to make sure that there companies that supported them not fail (ex AIG). We need to get REAL politicans people that lived the life that most of us americans live each day into office The current politicans dem and rep had their turn in offica and look where it got us. i am sick of of the same old people saying they know how to fix it when it is there fault we got into this mess. so i think as americans we need to take back our country and get REAl politicans in office other than these money hungry a** holes we have now. We need to stop paying our attention to the social issues that divide us as americans and start looking towards our country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 06:47 AM

1,535 posts, read 1,633,959 times
It takes blood, guts and backbone to get back to the basic's, the founders of the constitution stated that we have a republic and freedom if we can hold it. Bankers are the biggest problem, they own both sides of the Congress and until we can get them under control they will continue to rape America.

Old 05-13-2009, 06:50 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxnasi View Post
We need to get REAL politicans people that lived the life that most of us americans live each day into office The current politicans dem and rep had their turn in offica and look where it got us. i am sick of of the same old people saying they know how to fix it when it is there fault we got into this mess. so i think as americans we need to take back our country and get REAl politicans in office other than these money hungry a** holes we have now. .
Any suggestions on how to do this?
Are you going to run?

Old 05-13-2009, 09:17 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,639,213 times
It would take a consistent, persistent unified grassroots movement to try to oust these hacks. They certainly are not going willingly, they have for too long been living the "good life" off our backs, money, perks, power, etc. Is anarchy in our future? Who has the backbone for that? Have to turn off American Idol....

Old 05-13-2009, 09:21 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,706,419 times
But politics has always been politics. People used to gun each other down in noble 10-pace showdowns over political differences. Our founding fathers were accused of everything from being child molestors to thieves through propaganda campaigns not unlike what we saw leveled against Obama in the last campaign.

We can hate it all we want, but when poll numbers go up after a good zinger from one side, we endorse the system.

What's going to happen if we oust these "hacks"? Perhaps we'd get one round of altruistic leaders, but they would eventually fall into the same rut because they believe different things than the other side.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:38 AM

986 posts, read 2,808,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
It would take a consistent, persistent unified grassroots movement to try to oust these hacks. They certainly are not going willingly, they have for too long been living the "good life" off our backs, money, perks, power, etc. Is anarchy in our future? Who has the backbone for that? Have to turn off American Idol....
Your right lily...people are not awake yet to grasp what is really going on.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:41 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,231,864 times
NEVER VOTE FOR AN INCUMBENT

If an elected official is worthy of a re-election he/she can always run again later.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:46 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post
NEVER VOTE FOR AN INCUMBENT

If an elected official is worthy of a re-election he/she can always run again later.

Vote against the incumbent, every time, forever.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:46 AM

26,212 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Begs the Q: "How DO we fund the expensive campaigns it now takes to unseat any incumbent."

Begets the A: By making Federal elections PUBLICLY FUNDED.

Fat chance. Congress isn't about to approve publicly funded campaigns as it would essentially be their own death sentence.

Only other answer is a huge grassroots INDEPENDENT party with millions of citizens who will put their money where there mouth is, and use the internet to get the word out, as TV and print media are VERY expensive and controlled by people with HIGHLY vested interests. Does anyone think Rupert Murdoch's "Newcorp" is going to think kindly to any party that opposes the hacks he supports....
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 05-13-2009, 12:56 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,706,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Vote against the incumbent, every time, forever.
So if I really like the direction that our country is going under the leadership of Obama, I should vote for some lesser person rather than live under the guidance of a capable leader as long as possible?

Just like any job, it takes time to understand how to get stuff done and to build relationships. I don't think our government would be very effective with an endless string of freshman senators.

I don't get it. I think you're just bitter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies