Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 11:46 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,193,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
you know what's really ironic about this all? all this obsessive hatred for her is keeping her in the headlines, and will ensure her book sells well. call her an idiot all you want, but she's playing the masses like a violin and laughing all the way to the bank. she is an idiot, so why are people rewarding her? ignore her and she goes away. I was actually proud of the way society ignored octomom and didn't feed into her soap operah life. well, a little bit, but she didn't get the payout she thought she had coming.

when I see something I don't like, I look away. I don't reward it.
To be honest, I think most people who are Democrats or Liberals WANT to see her remain in the spotlight and want to see her continue to be out front. In their eyes, nothing in the world could be better for them. So who is really being rewarded, ya know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 11:51 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,843,743 times
I don't really expect too much from the TMZ generation. this is why I avoid most media. it's garbage. there is really no point in keeping her out in front. her chances of being a serious candidate in 12 are about 1 in a million. plus, I think this nation already has enough rich idiots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
To be honest, I think most people who are Democrats or Liberals WANT to see her remain in the spotlight and want to see her continue to be out front. In their eyes, nothing in the world could be better for them. So who is really being rewarded, ya know.

Old 05-13-2009, 11:54 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Let me guess, two pages long and written in crayon? I'm willing to bet that it will likely serve to further divide the GOP when so goes on to slam McCain halfway down page one.
With postings like this from a moderator, its no wonder cd has an image of a liberal bent..

Old 05-13-2009, 11:56 AM

Quote:
I don't really expect too much from the TMZ generation. this is why I avoid most media. it's garbage. there is really no point in keeping her out in front. her chances of being a serious candidate in 12 are about 1 in a million. plus, I think this nation already has enough rich idiots.
Well I agree with you but Palin is like a gold mine to the left right now and why on earth the GOP wants to continue using her is beyond me. Personally, I look towards the ideas coming out of The American Conservative mag, Lew Rockwell, Campaign for Liberty and others for more reasonable and intellectual alternatives to Palin.

Regardless of thoughtful examination of this, lets face it, the masses are hungry for honey and steak and this is a red meat subject. *shrugs*

Old 05-13-2009, 11:58 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,948,929 times
Quote:
her chances of being a serious candidate in 12 are about 1 in a million.
Yup, especially now that this book's coming out. So that's another reward. She can continue amusing us, without actually being a candidate (and therefore being someone we'd have to take seriously).

If Palin wanted to be a serious candidate in 2012, the only smart route was to wait a few years and completely remake her image. Publishing a book at this point, while memories of her wackiness are still fresh, only sinks any possibility of a presidential run. Because you just know this book is going to have at least one sentence that's bizarrely idiotic... and the comedians are going to be combing it to find that sentence.

Old 05-13-2009, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
With postings like this from a moderator, its no wonder cd has an image of a liberal bent..
oh wah... cry me a river Pgh. I have posted countless posts criticizing Obama and the left, I have posted tons of stuff in support for traditional conservatism. Just because I think Palin is an uneducated hillbilly rube that is a complete and utter joke, doesn't mean I'm a liberal, only that I have a lick of sense.

3,813 posts, read 4,915,261 times
Quote:
all this obsessive hatred for her is keeping her in the headlines, and will ensure her book sells well.
Who hates her? Nobody, well, maybe McCain but the rest of us find her enormously entertaining. As for her making money, good for her. This is a democratic capitalistic society after all. If she can make a money from her 'memoirs' thereby continuing the saga known as The Wailin' Blamin' Lyin' Palin Comedy Show, good for her!

5,944 posts, read 5,583,949 times
Smile Sarah Palin’s ‘unfiltered’ memoir due next year

YAWN

Old 05-13-2009, 12:00 PM

986 posts, read 2,808,340 times
There is not one person here that thinks Sarah is an idiot...just the opposite. Thats why you all talk about her so much. There is something about her that makes some of you just lose your minds!!! I find it funny that she really bothers some of you. All politicans write books.....and you know most of you can"t wait for her book to come out so you can come to city-data and start a new thread about it!!!

Old 05-13-2009, 12:02 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
oh wah... cry me a river Pgh. I have posted countless posts criticizing Obama and the left, I have posted tons of stuff in support for traditional conservatism. Just because I think Palin is an uneducated hillbilly rube that is a complete and utter joke, doesn't mean I'm a liberal, only that I have a lick of sense.

I just made a statement, you seem to have gone off on some tangent...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies