U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 08:49 PM

66,167 posts, read 47,769,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0vemberHAWK View Post
I agree that there is a major problem here.

I have to ask: By here do you mean SA? And what/where is SA?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2007, 02:17 AM

144 posts, read 650,685 times
"I could see that they don't live near my home, but I will certainly hang on close to my girls when we go out and about to the store and library, etc."

Oh yeah your not paranoid.
Yeah your right lets kill em all! Thats realistic, like it really gonna happen. Lets wake up and work on a real solution people.

Old 04-10-2007, 06:10 AM

133 posts, read 598,920 times
I think this is a terrible problem all over the world. And, I think there ought to be some serious punishment. No, I do not think most of them can be treated. We are kidding ourselves. I also think the reason it may have gotten worse (and maybe it hasn't??) is the internet. These sick people (mostly men!) have found others to validate their weird/insane urges and also to make them feel like what they are doing or want to do is "normal". I think these websites and communities on the internet for such criminals is gearing them up and possibly pushing some over the edge. Unfortunately, I think it may have gotten larger than what we can handle. So, as parents we just have to be very careful and have close supervision of our children!

Old 04-10-2007, 09:24 PM

485 posts, read 1,576,952 times
Excuse me lockheed1 but you are way out of line by saying that I said to kill them all. You must not have read my 2nd post very carefully. I never even insinuated killing. When you quoted my statement and added the other you accused me of saying "just kill them. " Its wise to check your posts more carefully before you accuse people of saying things. I don't believe in killing any living thing and I take extreme offense at you saying that after quoting something from my post! Your phrase lets kill them all came from another poster, not me.

Last edited by robinhood; 04-10-2007 at 10:22 PM..

Old 04-11-2007, 12:59 AM

25,735 posts, read 28,054,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irnag View Post
There was a girl in my neighborhood (she lived two blocks from me) that was molested and killed and I never knew about it for years.
This happened in my neighborhood too, except we did all know about it at the time. This was in an extremely safe area. The little girl was my age exactly but we weren't in the same class. She was (we were) seven years old at the time. This was in 1974. The girl and her friend were selling Girl Scout cookies door-to-door. One neighbor they knew well invited them in. For some reason, one of the girls wouldn't go in. The other did. She was raped and when she cried and said she was going to tell her mother, he hit her in the head with a brick and killed her.

Even down to the time that I left the area to move cross country (in 2005), every time the man came up for parole there would be sign-up sheets in all the local stores petitioning for this man not to be parolled.

So...what is SA?

Old 04-11-2007, 02:15 AM

144 posts, read 650,685 times
My apologies to you.. Robinhood

SA is for San Antonio

Old 04-11-2007, 10:22 AM

1,393 posts, read 2,632,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinhood View Post
Air Force Doc - Thanks for the link. Just out of curiosity I clicked on it to check out my home town. I couldn't believe what I found. Two of the people on the list I knew but had no idea they were sex offenders. Some others I recognized seeing around town, but I didn't know their names. Thankfully, with the mapping device, I could see that they don't live near my home, but I will certainly hang on close to my girls when we go out and about to the store and library, etc.

Just because they didn't show up on your list does not mean one is not 3 doors down from you. There a about 500,000 that have failed to sign up as they are required to by law and the law has no idea where they are.

Old 04-11-2007, 10:26 AM

1,393 posts, read 2,632,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1StarRanch View Post
"I feel like they are treatable but they need intense supervision and intense treatment at the same time."

Would you want them to live next to you? Who's going to pay for this treatment and the monitoring?

Killing them, can't do that, it'd never pass in law unless it's been multiple times and they killed a child.

Desert is the best answer, cost us less, they live, we are free of them.

1*Ranch

State of Texas just passed a law, first offence 25 years, second offence for molesting a child, death.

Old 04-11-2007, 10:28 AM

1,587 posts, read 1,441,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbsing View Post
I think this is a terrible problem all over the world. And, I think there ought to be some serious punishment. No, I do not think most of them can be treated.
"Treatment" is for a disease. Those people are not sick. They are evil.

They could be cured, with a single shot. Through the head, with a .38 revolver.

Old 04-11-2007, 10:29 AM

25,735 posts, read 28,054,729 times
I have read that pedophilia is one of the handful of mental conditions that has never been proven to have any lasting cure. In other words, yes, sex offenders will most likely continue to offend, no matter how often they're punished.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies