Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2009, 06:04 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,391,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
Wrong. Blacks have always been business oriented. It's just that if we were too successful, whites would violently attack us. Or nonviolently in some cases. There are countless stories of black business districts being burned down...etc.
Like blacks terrorizing Korean business owners?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2009, 06:08 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahabound View Post
A certain color of people think that people who share that same color should be promoted on the merit of that skin color rather than the services they offer.
Man, ain't that the truth..............

Old 05-14-2009, 06:09 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Like blacks terrorizing Korean business owners?
Where and when did that happen?

Old 05-14-2009, 06:12 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,477,737 times
Quote:
Nah, you choose to ignore the point.

A certain color of people think that people who share that same color should be promoted on the merit of that skin color rather than the services they offer. Notice they aren't going out of their way to patronize businesses owned by minorities of other colors who are also not proportionally represented.
But go ahead and keep spinning.
No need to spin..You just proved my point. One of the best summations of America ever.

Old 05-14-2009, 06:24 PM

3,085 posts, read 5,238,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
Which #'s were those posts? I can't seem to find them. I guess I'm still trying to get used to these new reading glasses.
Am I wrong? You tell me.

Old 05-14-2009, 06:28 PM

3,085 posts, read 5,238,816 times
Quote:
Wrong. Blacks have always been business oriented. It's just that if we were too successful, whites would violently attack us. Or nonviolently in some cases. There are countless stories of black business districts being burned down...etc.
You have a point. One need only consider the Tulsa race riot for starters.

Old 05-14-2009, 06:29 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,929,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
I avoided posting because it's a waste..Been there done that on this board regarding race in America..Some people have no clue and want no clue. I applaud those who have made an earnest attempt at educating the uninformed here but it wont work. I've long since come to the realization that some are just clueless racist who believe that history means nothing when speaking of race but everything when speaking of everything else. It's very sad.

We're products of our collective pasts, like it or not.
That's right! Everyone who disagrees with you is a racist! Just like everyone who didn't vote for Obama is a racist. Love that logic.

Since I'm one of those "racists" you speak of, I'll just let you know that I do support minority-owned businesses, not that I owe you any kind of an explanation. I also support Italian-owned businesses, Irish-owned businesses, etc.

My lunch today came from Harlem. Dinner tomorrow night at a friend's home will be from a Kosher butcher.

See, some of us just live our lives and do what we want with our own money. Sooner or later, we end up supporting just about everyone, as long as they have something we want to buy.

That's the way the system works. People will do what they want with their money, but nobody owes anything to you or to anyone else.

Now please, feel free to go back to not posting.

Old 05-14-2009, 06:32 PM

749 posts, read 946,964 times
Should not be done!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-14-2009, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Wrong. Blacks have always been business oriented. It's just that if we were too successful, whites would violently attack us. Or nonviolently in some cases.
Please, let's not bring violence into this. Who commits most of the violent crime in this country? I'm sure you'll say that indirectly it's white people.

Quote:
There are countless stories of black business districts being burned down...etc.
Black business districts are often burnded down by... wait for it... black people! Who's fault is that? I'm sure you'll say that indirectly it's white people.

You are full of nothing but excuses. Nothing is ever going to be your fault or your responsibility. Just keep blaming other people for your shortcomings. The rest of the world can wave to you as they pass you by.

Last edited by BringTheContent; 05-14-2009 at 06:43 PM..

Old 05-14-2009, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
Am I wrong? You tell me.
You are wrong, but it's not my responsibility to back up the things you post. It's yours. Now do it, or apologize.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies