Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2009, 09:07 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,709,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
I'll be glad when we get there as well but we aren't there yet..That history thing again..Our founders made it this way.

Also, I was responding to another poster putting their foot in their mouth claiming loudly that I'm not black and shouldn't speak for black people.
Your inability to forgive only hurts you in the long run. Let it go brother, let it go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2009, 09:09 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,709,053 times
Quote:
Are you the clothes police? Aren't we in a free country? I wasn't a slave this morning. I guess I HAVES to keeps buyinss massa clothes and goods
HUH? You're responding to a quote from me to Mrs. Sykes that has nothing to do with clothing. As for the other nonsense....I won't even dignify that.

Old 05-14-2009, 09:09 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,928,293 times
Quote:
I'll be glad when we get there as well but we aren't there yet..That history thing again..Our founders made it this way.

Also, I was responding to another poster putting their foot in their mouth claiming loudly that I'm not black and shouldn't speak for black people.
Yeah, I still have my doubts. I also don't believe for one second that you live in NYC. Why do you care? You don't know me and I don't know you. If you don't like it, move on.

Old 05-14-2009, 09:12 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,476,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
Well at least you admit you're judging me. So let's continue.

I support more than one black business. I said I support one EVERYDAY. I shouldn't have to explain myself in that way, but in this thread I have and I will continue to do so.

What's wrong with somebody supporting black businesses exclusively?

Um... Nothing. I've said that all along. That it's your money, and you should do what you want with it.

I don't know how much you know about NYC (even if you live here), but I've been here for my entire life. There are places like Borough Park and Washington Heights (east of Broadway) where the only people who will people businesses going are the people who are basically part of the same group. Brownsville is like that. Coney Island is even like that when it's not summertime. Orthodox Jews, Dominicans, Russians, Blacks, etc... People support their communities and sometimes never leave them for any other part of the city. I have no problem with that. It's their money.

You can call me whatever you want to call me. At the end of the day, I have no problem with what this couple is doing, and never said that I did.

But from my experience, you will lead a richer and fuller life when you open yourself up to all kinds of cultures.

I do that. I don't know if you do that. This couple is NOT doing that. Again, that's their right. I'm just saying that they might be missing out on something.
If you can't judge a person by their words on a web forum, how do you judge them?

Anyway, I enjoy all cultures and believe those people have the right to shop wherever they want. There were places my parents couldn't eat when they were young, in this country. Do you think anyone is going to dictate where they spend their money today? Hell no. You can't try to impose your experiences on others, they can do what they want..This country, with this recent election is moving closer to that..If you want an abortion, it's your right. If you want to marry a blind transvestite, it's your right. If you want to shop at black owned stores, it's your right..

It's not YOUR right to dictate what I do.

Old 05-14-2009, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Your inability to forgive only hurts you in the long run. Let it go brother, let it go.
I'm forgiving but I'll never forget. I have no problems with anybody. I have friends, co-workers, associates of every race..That doesn't mean I should pretend everything is peachy because it isn't. This last election has shown me that there is still a lot of work to do. Pretending has never been a viable solution to anything.

Old 05-14-2009, 09:16 PM

3,084 posts, read 5,235,688 times
Quote:
You did it again. I responded to him/her and asked for the post #. twenty minutes later, and I'm still waiting. It is wrong for anyone to shop at any store based solely on the owners skin color. ANYONE! Is that clear enough for you?
So then it's wrong for other ethnic groups to coalesce in order to further the economic interests of their community?

Old 05-14-2009, 09:18 PM

Quote:
It's not YOUR right to dictate what I do.
Which I keep saying... Repeatedly. I don't know why you think I would care about what you do, whoever you are, wherever you are.

Old 05-14-2009, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
Yeah, I still have my doubts. I also don't believe for one second that you live in NYC. Why do you care? You don't know me and I don't know you. If you don't like it, move on.
LOL!! Sorry if my words have made you catch feelings but you'll live...I've been in NYC a few years and love its multi-cultural flavor..Nothing better in my opinion. I can travel the world in two hours. Thing is, if those people don't want to leave their specific enclave, and shop at those establishments exclusively, that's fine. Just because I like to dabble in a myriad of cultures doesn't mean everybody must do as I do.

Old 05-14-2009, 09:23 PM

Quote:
HUH? You're responding to a quote from me to Mrs. Sykes that has nothing to do with clothing. As for the other nonsense....I won't even dignify that.
Your quote had everything to do with freedom of choice in purchasing.

Old 05-14-2009, 09:23 PM

Quote:
LOL!! Sorry if my words have made you catch feelings but you'll live...
Um... OK. Whatever that means.

Listen. You have a nice evening, OK?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies