Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-13-2009, 04:48 PM
 
Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,848,866 times
Reputation: 670

Advertisements

fake boobs are disgusting. they also tell me everything I need to know about the person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Yea, I'm sure the fake boobs part would make you really disgusted.

As far as that goes, I imagine her church held a fundraiser for the surgery so she could win the crown. If only the homosex-you-uhl librule hadnt asked the loaded question!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-13-2009, 04:49 PM
 
Location: Wherever women are
19,012 posts, read 29,749,444 times
Reputation: 11309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
You must be a Gov. Bimbo supporter too...

Hey, who do you think is dumber..Palin or Prejean?
I see every Miss Cali thread is locked after a few hours. Because it somehow gravitates towards slander and name-calling. In using such names, it clearly underlines the fact as to where the anger and frustration lies.

Many think that the whole episode may have hurt the crusade for equal marriage rights. The LGBT supporters have shot themselves in their feet, big time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2009, 04:49 PM
 
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
10,757 posts, read 35,460,172 times
Reputation: 6962
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
no no, it's too funny. someone who said that "she thinks" marriage is between a man and a woman when put on the spot by a flaming idiot is "homophobic?" also, a topless photo of her comes out and suddenly she dances naked for money? I got a toothbrush suggestion for ya.
The reality is that previous contestants of lost their crown over the SAME behavior. The news today showed an interview with Miss Nebraska who lost her crown for having pictures like Miss California's taken. If its wrong for one person, its wrong for another.

Sadly however I do have to say the media is digging into Miss California's childhood and reporting that she was being beaten by both her parents. Frankly that has nothing to do with this and should NOT be reported on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2009, 04:49 PM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,100 posts, read 39,290,873 times
Reputation: 4937
Well, if she could not handle the job as Pagent Director, then she should go.

Carrie Prejean is Miss California and will remain so until next year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2009, 04:52 PM
 
Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,848,866 times
Reputation: 670
I understand that she lied, but the OP called her a homophobe and a stripper. that's just plain nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
The reality is that previous contestants of lost their crown over the SAME behavior. The news today showed an interview with Miss Nebraska who lost her crown for having pictures like Miss California's taken. If its wrong for one person, its wrong for another.

Sadly however I do have to say the media is digging into Miss California's childhood and reporting that she was being beaten by both her parents. Frankly that has nothing to do with this and should NOT be reported on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2009, 04:53 PM
 
Location: NE Ohio
30,419 posts, read 20,338,258 times
Reputation: 8958
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I doubt that any of today's "youth" see her as a role model.
Why, may I ask, do you say that? Wanna bet?

She is a role model now, whether she was before or not. Want to know why? Because she took a stand for what she beleives in. She didn't back down. She wasn't going to be intimidated. I admire her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2009, 04:57 PM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,100 posts, read 39,290,873 times
Reputation: 4937
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Why, may I ask, do you say that? Wanna bet?

She is a role model now, whether she was before or not. Want to know why? Because she took a stand for what she beleives in. She didn't back down. She wasn't going to be intimidated. I admire her.
Excellent Points

The leftists have, if nothing else, elevated Carrie to a position of prominence - and have actually given her much more of a platform to espouse her views.

Those on the left, IMO, screwed up - BIG TIME.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2009, 05:00 PM
 
Location: NE Ohio
30,419 posts, read 20,338,258 times
Reputation: 8958
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
It wasnt her answer during the pageant that outed her as a right wing fraud, it was her actions at her church, during radio interviews, the tearful speech she gave about her "freedom of speech" being infringed upon.

In short, she is a bimbo and about as smart as a box of rocks.
Thanks for outing yourself as an anti-Christian bigot. When in America did it become unacceptable to be Christian, and when in America did that out one as a "right wing fraud"? Fraud? For what?

And what gives you the right (and based on what information — this answer to a politically motivated question?) to question her intelligence?

I agree with her. I guess in your book, that makes me unintelligent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2009, 05:08 PM
 
Location: Hangin' with the bears.
3,813 posts, read 4,920,558 times
Reputation: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Excellent Points

The leftists have, if nothing else, elevated Carrie to a position of prominence - and have actually given her much more of a platform to espouse her views.

Those on the left, IMO, screwed up - BIG TIME.
I've said it over and over and over again, she is entitled to her opinion, she is entitled to state said opinion, she is entitled to pose nude/semi-nude or in a burka. The problem I and many others have is her LYING!! I understand that the right is ok with her lies because she professes to be a Christian who is against same sex marriage, look a how they idolize Wailin' Blamin' Palin', but, that does not make it ok.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2009, 05:11 PM
 
Location: um....guess
10,503 posts, read 15,578,963 times
Reputation: 1836
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
The reality is that previous contestants of lost their crown over the SAME behavior. The news today showed an interview with Miss Nebraska who lost her crown for having pictures like Miss California's taken. If its wrong for one person, its wrong for another.
Thank you, I was going to mention that. How did this thread go down the toilet so quickly?? I'm sure that's why Moakler resigned, because of the seemed hypocrisies. I'd have to agree, there needs to be clear guidelines & if they're not met, the person shouldn't be allowed to reign. Simple as that. If others were forced to resign over similar things, then she should've as well. That's all. Personally, I don't care about her answer about same-sex marriage, I'm not surprised by it. In my opinion, I think Trump basked in the publicity the pageant was getting & that's probably why he let her stay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top