Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 10:59 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times

Advertisements

Troll thread is right.
I think this is the 3rd or 4th he's stated on this topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 11:00 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,309,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubringliten View Post
Republicans: Abortion is wrong but death penalty is okay...
That's right because the latter is justice and punishment. I've never seen a fetus murder anyone!

Old 05-13-2009, 11:04 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,283,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
That's right because the latter is justice and punishment. I've never seen a fetus murder anyone!
Never heard of a woman dying from complications of pregnancy, or dying in childbirth, huh? Not to mention that a pregnancy puts women at high risk of being murdered - FYI, this actually kills the fetus, too.

Old 05-13-2009, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Never heard of a woman dying from complications of pregnancy, or dying in childbirth, huh? Not to mention that a pregnancy puts women at high risk of being murdered - FYI, this actually kills the fetus, too.
Don't be ridiculous... no fetus sets out intending to kill anyone. Sad that I have to explain it. Are you really trying to equate human murderers to innocent fetuses?

8,164 posts, read 15,142,695 times
Quote:
Are all people who are sentenced to death the same? Obviously not,and cases where abortion is the outcome aren't either.Some have good reasons for it (incest,rape,danger to the mother's life) and other times it might be to prevent an unwanted child.In my opinion probably like most other rational people is that it might be the right decision and it might not but we are not a communist nation so we should have the right to freely make our own choices.

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
I love when people like you just speak out of your a--.Please, show me the proof;and once again for a slow right winger like yourself...if someone is pro choice it means we believe in a womans right to choose.It does not mean that we are PRO ABORTION. Abortion is a tough decision which should be done as early as possible if the method is chosen.As for your lies,keep them for your girlfriend or boyfriend.
Interesting. What other medical procedures warrant a pro-choice position from you? Are you pro-choice when it come to the agonizing personal decision of rhinoplasty? I gotta tell you that I've never heard of someone being pro-choice for anything except abortion. I'm pro-rhinoplasty if you got a huge schnoz and the cash to get it fixed, it really isn't any of my business. So why the Orwellian word-play when we discuss abortion? Pro-choice sounds like something the ministry of truth would come up with. Is it OK because Big Brother decided the victims of abortion are unpersons? No matter what you name it, you, I and everyone else know it's murder.

Old 05-13-2009, 11:10 PM

Quote:
The right to choose means just that.If the woman decides to follow through and give birth thats okay but if she's dealing with the after effects of being raped I DEFINITELY think abortion would be a reasonable choice,just not 5-6 months into the pregnancy.Now let me ask you this ELO. If someone raped your mother or your sister,should they go through with the birth? By the way before a fetus develops lungs,brain,etc...it is not a child and therefore NOT MURDER.
For a fetus, the heart begins to beat 5 weeks after conception.
Fetal development: What happens during the first trimester? - MayoClinic.com

Old 05-13-2009, 11:11 PM

I know I shouldn't feed the troll, but I have to put some facts in:

There is no such thing as "partial-birth abortion". It is a political construct, created to inflame people such as the OP. Intact Dilation & Extraction, the procedure that has the OP up in arms, is a vaginal delivery of an aborted fetus. It is not a birth interrupted by an abortion; it is an abortion that resembles a birth.

Late term abortions are illegal except in the case of danger to the mother or fetal anomaly (usually incompatible with life). I believe that this is right and proper; people should not be aborting late-term without a medical reason.

Waterboarding is torture, and it is performed on people who may or may not have information. Too bad torture doesn't garner accurate information from the tortured; they will say anything to be able to breathe again. Silly thing, breathing. Fancy thinking that not being able to breathe for some hostile stranger pouring water over your face is torture!

Now, let's move on. This repetitious posting of incendiary threads on the same subject is getting rather tiresome. I do wish you'd stop doing it.

Old 05-13-2009, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Are all people who are sentenced to death the same? Obviously not,and cases where abortion is the outcome aren't either.Some have good reasons for it (incest,rape,danger to the mother's life) and other times it might be to prevent an unwanted child.In my opinion probably like most other rational people is that it might be the right decision and it might not but we are not a communist nation so we should have the right to freely make our own choices.
I am just saying that executing a convicted murderer is completely different from aborting an innocent fetus.

Old 05-13-2009, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Don't be ridiculous... no fetus sets out intending to kill anyone. Sad that I have to explain it. Are you really trying to equate human murderers to innocent fetuses?
Maybe, since they are such fully formed sentient beings in your mind, they have intent to kill their mommies? Perhaps they are mentally ill.

Seriously, pregnancy kills many women each year. Perhaps you can call abortion (in some cases) self-defense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies