U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2009, 12:13 AM

31,371 posts, read 33,509,699 times

Advertisements

Testimony of FBI interrogator Ali Soufan before the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Testimony
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2009, 06:50 AM

19,556 posts, read 20,043,898 times
Funny that those who have actually been tortured don't think so....

Old 05-14-2009, 06:54 AM

2,486 posts, read 2,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Funny that those who have actually been tortured don't think so....
What the F? Seriously, WTF?

Have you talked to all the people who been tortured? I mean WTF? Is this for real? Can somebody tell me, is this for real? Am I reading this correctly. God this political section is a riot!

I can actually picture it right now; Sean Hannity telling his sheeple, "The ones in Iraq actually liked to be tortured. They even lined up for it like waiting for Thunder Mountain in Disney World! These liberal scum think torture is wrong, but it actually a delightful experience."

Old 05-14-2009, 07:01 AM

69,360 posts, read 58,064,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post
What the F? Seriously, WTF?

Have you talked to all the people who been tortured? I mean WTF? Is this for real? Can somebody tell me, is this for real? Am I reading this correctly. God this political section is a riot!
Whats a riot is that your claiming oz is wrong, while questioning if they are right, and you of course have no knowledge whatsoever either way, unless your now claiming you've talked to people who have been "tortured"..

I can find more "stories" saying torture works for every story you post saying it doesnt..

Old 05-14-2009, 07:05 AM

2,486 posts, read 2,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Whats a riot is that your claiming oz is wrong, while questioning if they are right, and you of course have no knowledge whatsoever either way, unless your now claiming you've talked to people who have been "tortured"..

I can find more "stories" saying torture works for every story you post saying it doesnt..
God. this forum is really a riot. Are we really going to get into a argument if people like torture or not? LOL. Seriously dude, I got a lighting design to work on. I can't sit here arguing over if people actually like to be tortured or not with highly intellectual individuals like yourself. It just isn't a productive way to spend the day.

Old 05-14-2009, 07:19 AM

23,576 posts, read 15,109,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Testimony of FBI interrogator Ali Soufan before the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Testimony
If you torture someone, and put them thru intense, and immediate, excruciating pain, so bad that they cannot even see straight, they will blurt out anything, and you will waste time trying to validate their blathering.

Waterboarding, sleep deprivation, uncomfortable positions, Barry Manalow music, these do not fit that same template. So if you are peddling "waterboarding is torture" and is equal to the final scenes of the movie Braveheart, try again.

Old 05-14-2009, 07:30 AM

19,556 posts, read 20,043,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post
God. this forum is really a riot. Are we really going to get into a argument if people like torture or not? LOL. Seriously dude, I got a lighting design to work on. I can't sit here arguing over if people actually like to be tortured or not with highly intellectual individuals like yourself. It just isn't a productive way to spend the day.
Like never entered into it,what was stated was torture is ineffective and unreliable, which I disagree with.

You seem to want to bring morals into it when we aren't discussing the morality of the issue but whether it works.

Old 05-14-2009, 07:30 AM

41,313 posts, read 41,103,400 times
That's not what the CIA memos that were released say.

The CIA conducts the interrogations, not the FBI.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or