Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 07:10 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i am as happy as i would be in any p40 in a nose dive with a broken stick.
How about in the P-51 that you pictured?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2009, 07:11 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,326,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
Incorrect -See title of this thread.
What EXACTLY does the "title of this thread" prove?
LOL

Ken

Old 05-15-2009, 07:11 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,944,197 times
Quote:
Incorrect -See title of this thread.
???????

Which statement is incorrect?

1) "very happy with him and the honeymoon goes on!" His opinion, how can that be incorrect?

2) "I don't think the rightwing understands that so far President Obama is not some extremist but moderate in what he has done so far." Again, an opinion, how can that be incorrect?

3) "Of course it remains to be seen" What's incorrect about this?

4) "and with a 60+% approval most of the country agrees." This is aso correct.

Old 05-15-2009, 07:21 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,051,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
What EXACTLY does the "title of this thread" prove?
LOL

Ken
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
???????

Which statement is incorrect?

1) "very happy with him and the honeymoon goes on!" His opinion, how can that be incorrect?

2) "I don't think the rightwing understands that so far President Obama is not some extremist but moderate in what he has done so far." Again, an opinion, how can that be incorrect?

3) "Of course it remains to be seen" What's incorrect about this?

4) "and with a 60+% approval most of the country agrees." This is aso correct.
#2- I believe it is understood he is not some extremist NOW. During the campaign- especially the primaries he had many liberal stances on issues. It is the same thing in every election the campaigner becomes an elected official and they moderate to some degree. The base is almost always let down when they see the agenda can not be forced through. and I am not saying it is a bad thing. the title was written by a right winger I believe? So at least some of the right wingers understand.

Old 05-15-2009, 08:26 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
How many times and how many ways can these folks ask this same question.

The answer is still yes, I am still satisfied, and tickled too. I might add.

Old 05-15-2009, 08:30 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,536,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
During his campaign, President Obama made many promises to the Left. Do you think they are satisfied with him so far?

I think Obama is laughing at the American anti-war movement...

Satisfied yes, completely no.

The President have made some moves that i'm not satisfied with, slow movement on immigrations and outsourced jobs are just two major items that i wished he would make bigger moves on this year. I know its early in his Presidency, but this is a HOT item.

Old 05-15-2009, 10:22 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,944,197 times
Quote:
#2- I believe it is understood he is not some extremist NOW. During the campaign- especially the primaries he had many liberal stances on issues. It is the same thing in every election the campaigner becomes an elected official and they moderate to some degree. The base is almost always let down when they see the agenda can not be forced through. and I am not saying it is a bad thing. the title was written by a right winger I believe? So at least some of the right wingers understand.
OK, I'll buy this explanation...sorta.

1. Are some of the more extreme liberals dissapointed? Probably. But "some people" is not the same as the left as a whole. The OP addressed the left as a whole.

I don't really care about anyone who's disappointed that Obama did not turn out to be an extreme liberal, because people who believed that he would didn't bother to read his policies. If you choose to believe crazy claims that float around, you deserve to be disappointed when the crazy claims don't come true. (Strangely, the claims about Obama being extremely liberal were mostly started by the GOP--they backfired, IMO because they didn't really scare voters, but they ended up attracting extreme liberals to Obama.)

2. Do some of the right wingers now understand he is not some extremist? Probably. LOL, it's hard to tell judging by the bashing you read on this forum, but we all know this forum doesn't represent reality.

In reality, I think a lot of republicans are beginning to relax and realize the president is not an extremist, no matter how much he was portrayed as one. He's not perfect, either. He's just another politician like all the others.

Old 05-15-2009, 10:49 AM

7,528 posts, read 11,362,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Motion,

Bush created the biggest increase in government in decades with Homeland Security and the contracting out of services to Cheney's buddies at Halliburton and its subsidiaries.
Don't let that fact get in your way because it doesn't meet your agenda.

Quote:
America's aging citizens are facing a health care workforce too small and unprepared to meet their needs, according to a new report from the Institute of Medicine (IOM) titled "Retooling for an Aging America: Building the Health Care Workforce."

Baby Boomer Health Care Crisis Looms
This will affect the ability of Obama to expand gov't programs in general. We need to find more ways to deal with healthcare,poverty and retirement that don't overly rely on taxes.

Old 05-15-2009, 11:13 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
During his campaign, President Obama made many promises to the Left. Do you think they are satisfied with him so far?

I think Obama is laughing at the American anti-war movement...
Being that his poll numbers are still way up, the answer has to be yes, no matter how much the opposition may wish it to be otherwise. Give it another try 2 years from now and you may fair better, or maybe not.
Casper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies