Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 01:17 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Well someone can be pro life but not necessarily want to make it harder or illegal to obtain an abortion.
I know people who are "pro life" but don't want to put a bunch of limits on abortion or make it illegal to obtain one.
Good post.

I would like to see a day when there is no need for abortions....but until that day comes women have a right to do with their body what they please.....and MOST people still believe that, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2009, 01:17 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,712,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Im glad that public sentiment is turning, but nevertheless Murder has to stay safe, legal and rare.

Would this statement make sense to you? if not, why not?

Old 05-15-2009, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Good post.

I would like to see a day when there is no need for abortions....but until that day comes women have a right to do with their body what they please.....and MOST people still believe that, too.
uh, not according to the poll in this very thread that you just wrote in. I have no problem with a womans right to cut off her left arm, i.e. her body. I do however have a problem with a womans right to murder her pre-born baby. why you don't is on you.

Old 05-15-2009, 01:20 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,787,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusnh View Post
Sure. Just like someone can be against the death penalty but not necessarily want to make it harder or illegal for the government to execute criminals? I have yet to meet anyone who is against the death penalty who does not want to outlaw it or who is pro-life that does not want to outlaw abortion.
Just because you haven't met them doesn't mean they don't exist.
I have a friend who considers herself pro choice but she wouldn't want to make it harder for women to obtain an abortion or make it illegal.

There are many people out there who are "pro life" but don't think it's any of their business what a woman does with her body. They just know themselves they wouldn't get an abortion.

Old 05-15-2009, 01:21 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,552,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
can that be tied to a more religious, ethnic, newly "citizen-ized" population?

an article in the LA times this past week spoke about the changing political landscape in CA, due largely in part to asians and hispanics increasing in voting numbers.

might be a correlation.
Exactamente -- it will be a matter of time before the Latino contingent will be voting en masse for conservative candidates (once they get their citizenship).

Old 05-15-2009, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Would this statement make sense to you? if not, why not?
Changing people's quotes SHOULD get you kicked out of here...it really is dirty pool, sleazy, misleading, and not nice.

Old 05-15-2009, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
uh, not according to the poll in this very thread that you just wrote in. I have no problem with a womans right to cut off her left arm, i.e. her body. I do however have a problem with a womans right to murder her pre-born baby. why you don't is on you.
No, that's not what the poll indicated.

No one is FOR abortion....... but can still believe a woman has the right to choose....

Old 05-15-2009, 01:25 PM

[quote=Who?Me?!;8827076]Changing people's quotes SHOULD get you kicked out of here...it really is dirty pool, sleazy, misleading, and not nice.[/QUOTE]

Over react much?

I was pretty obvious about it since I highlighted the change, to illustrate a point. Apparently that was lost on you. DUH !

Old 05-15-2009, 01:26 PM

Quote:
No, that's not what the poll indicated.

No one is FOR abortion....... but can still believe a woman has the right to choose....

...to murder their pre-born baby. If you support abortion, you're supporting that option. There's no way around that.

Old 05-15-2009, 01:28 PM

[quote=Sonrise;8827099]
Quote:
Changing people's quotes SHOULD get you kicked out of here...it really is dirty pool, sleazy, misleading, and not nice.[/QUOTE]

Over react much?

I was pretty obvious about it since I highlighted the change, to illustrate a point. Apparently that was lost on you. DUH !
Then you should've paraphrased the quote in YOUR post.

Calling abortion murder is over reacting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies