Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2007, 09:08 AM

942 posts, read 2,583,204 times

Advertisements

Ok,
try to follow me....

twelve years of Bush Snr. (eight as VP and four of Presidency)

eight years of Clinton (total of Presidency)

eight years of George W. Bush

28 years this country has gone back and forth between these two families. As a country can we afford to put Hilary Clinton into office???

What major changes would we see in this country?? It would be like going back and recreating mistakes that history has shown us. I for one think we need a change from the hypocracy and lack of leadership that ALL of these people have shown. I have not picked a candidate yet will be following all closely but am open to suggestions.

The lack of jobs because of free trade the terriable health care system we have here are of no concern to any candidate that I have heard so far. We are spending nine million an hour on the Iraq war and Americans dont have health insurance and are on the unemployment line. These are REAL issues and they are not being addressed.

Comments please....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2007, 09:29 AM

9,888 posts, read 10,819,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Dust View Post
Ok,

c.The lack of jobs because of free trade the terriable health care system we have here are of no concern to any candidate that I have heard so far. We are spending nine million an hour on the Iraq war and Americans dont have health insurance and are on the unemployment line. These are REAL issues and they are not being addressed

Comments please....
I think you are confused, any of the dems will give you healthcare, most certainly Mrs Bill Clinton, Unemployment lines ? Unemployment lines ? Maybe in pockets like detroit. http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/dai...114.guest.html Maybe Edwards is your man!

Old 04-07-2007, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
I think you are confused, any of the dems will give you healthcare, most certainly Mrs Bill Clinton, Unemployment lines ? Unemployment lines ? Maybe in pockets like detroit.
Im sorry maybe your not aware of small towns in NC that strived on furniture manufacturing and have shut down because they have now been exported to China. These craftsman have had to go back to school to learn new trades and many still dont have jobs.

Old 04-07-2007, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Im sorry maybe your not aware of small towns in NC that strived on furniture manufacturing and have shut down because they have now been exported to China. These craftsman have had to go back to school to learn new trades and many still dont have jobs.
So in your opinion that is a bad thing? This could be the opportunity of a lifetime for those people, maybe learn computer programming and get a great high paying job with google.! What exactly would you want the president of the united states to do for these displaced furniture makers?

Old 04-07-2007, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
So in your opinion that is a bad thing? This could be the opportunity of a lifetime for those people, maybe learn computer programming and get a great high paying job with google.! What exactly would you want the president of the united states to do for these displaced furniture makers?

Perhaps, looking out for the American worker. Wow what a concept. These are generations of families that lived off one trade and it was a respected profession. Are you trying to say that being a craftman is not a respectable trade?? NC was only an example of many.

However, going back to my original question can this country afford another 28 years of the same 'ole, same 'ole??

Old 04-07-2007, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Perhaps, looking out for the American worker. Wow what a concept. These are generations of families that lived off one trade and it was a respected profession. Are you trying to say that being a craftman is not a respectable trade?? NC was only an example of many.

However, going back to my original question can this country afford another 28 years of the same 'ole, same 'ole??
No I think a craftsman is a very respectable trade, and If they are as good as you say, they shouldn't have any problem starting their own company and doing very well competeing againts the furniture made in china by their former employer!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies